Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Needs Some Buffin' Lovin'

APBladeX

What if reckoning dealt twice the amount of damage that enemies had dealt to players and other objects? (or perhaps multiply the sum of the damage dealt by various enemies).

Scenario: Let's say that a Grineer heavy gunner is gunning down your friend and has dealt 1500 damage, that same Grineer Heavy Gunner receives 3000 damage when reckoning is used, making Reckoning a powerful reactive ability, like a reversal.

It'd be VERY strong when synergizing with Nyx's Absorb, Frost's Snow Globe, and even Rhino's Iron Skin.

EDIT: However, I realize that my idea wasn't fully thought out.

Edited by Vaskadar

Smite

-make Smite chain to other targets instead of a chance to hit other enemies, similar to Volt's Shock.

-its basically another version of Nekros' Soul Punch, except weaker. Seriously? Damage buff. (don't go overboard)

Hallowed Ground

-convert Hallowed Ground into a radial field of "righteous fire", more desirable for defense/utility.

-again, more damage will be a necessity. At its current state, even with the change I've drafted, would be lackluster.

-debuffs enemies, such as a speed decrease, or a damage/accuracy debuff.

Renewal

-as Oberon's only viable healing ability, make it an instant effect, so teammates don't have to wait for the actual healing to "touch them".

-temporary armor buff, so the heal can actually take effect before they get killed.

Reckoning

-Oberon's only viable damage ability, but still lackluster in terms of damage output and effectiveness. Damage buff.

-guaranteed health sphere spawning from the victims of Reckoning, making this ability actually help like it was intended to.

General Statistics

Health & Armor

-intended to be a paladin, his health is only a bit higher than most warframes. Saryn and Ash have more health than him. Health buff.

-paladins, in medieval times, were praised for their medical experience and armor. Armor buff.

-speed buff. Seriously, paladins were rumored to be fast.

I very much like some of the edits here; Paladins were historically front-line soldiers, and thus emphasis on buffs and debuffs seem very fitting.  While searching for historical accounts of the paladin knights yields only video game wikia after video game wikia, as for Oberon I only have some suggestions, in no particular order.

1. Consider reworking or removing pure damage skills altogether; I have never found a use for smite, and Reckoning, while flashy, is inferior to other AoE Nukes that already exist in the Tenno Arsenal.  As a paladin, I'm more in favor of a suite of powerful buffs and debuffs, being that front line soldier realistically, and the party backbone of shining light in gaming culture.  The nature of these buffs/debuffs will determine the status of Oberon in his team; it is very possible that he could become a backbone character with the proper reworks.

2. I don't recall any rumors of the paladins being in any way quick; from my sparse memory, paladins wore armor not massively different than other foot soldiers of their time.  Nor were they particularly known for their horseback riding/speed, this honor would go to dedicated cavalry groups like the much feared Polish Hussars.  Rather, popular depictions of paladins show heavy armor, hardly fast at all.  Though again in a pragmatic sense, their typical armor and speed are not unique enough to be worth pointing out.

3. I remember a calculation being done for a health healed per second per unit of energy used comparison between Trinity and Oberon.  While Trinity has faced its nerf to invincibility, its healing capacity remains unchanged; if Oberon's healing mechanic is not to remain a gimmick, it may be added as a partial buff to his other skills and/or have Renewal act in a different way, either by following a different mechanic or by vastly increasing health healed per second.

4. The paladins weren't around during the medieval times as we know them, to the best of my knowledge.  They arose following the events of the crusades.

5. I support health and armor buff, but with a healing skill, I'd greatly support building him like a valkyr.  In spite of all the valkyr hate, building to be a health tank is quite fun and viable so long as the player has one or more sources of health replenishment, be it a life steal melee weapon, rejuvenation, equilibrium, or hysteria's healing mechanic.  In this case, renewal or whatever other buffs DE may give Oberon.

Edited by DalaiLlama