The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Stances Need A Buff

Luther848

After the I can’t spell Lotus incident in my other threads I decided that perhaps it was time for a new topic. 

Stance Enhancement

The addition to Stances has opened doors to new ways of fighting instead of just charging your Galantine or Orthos all through the mission. Unfortunately the Stances have not been used to their full potential especially with the combo system. While having a combo system is nice in the first hour or so it loses its value that most weapons only get 2 combos and highest amount is 4 which is disappointingly low for a combo system in fact when I used the Fracturing Wind for my Furax I was able to combine both combos into one by some simple timing. That was the end of my Stance fanboy gasm. Now I don’t know about a large number of Stances but I do know that Stances need to be buffed to make them more interesting.

Some ideas are to just add more combos but that was oblivious. What I think should be done is to incorporate different Martial Arts into the Stances also as a way to make them more interesting. Make 13 combo lists that are based around Boxing or Wrestling and maybe even some kind Ninja fighting technique so we start the move into being Space Ninjas like the Game promised. I think we are more Super Powered Space Samurai. 

Make 13 combo lists that are based around Boxing or Wrestling and maybe even some kind Ninja fighting technique so we start the move into being Space Ninjas like the Game promised. I think we are more Super Powered Space Samurai. 

I'd like to see something like this when I unequip my melee weapon, being able to melee with bare hands/feet/various other limbs in different martial art styles. but I guess that's slightly off-topic here.

"Damage" buffed or "more content" buffed?

More content wise... erm it's rather obvious (in my eyes anyway) that we will get at least 1 combo per fusion tier on each stance. I see it as something that would make sense.

Damage wise... maybe touch up the weaker stances, but we already have some stances that are already powerful, combine that with the stealth damage multiplier and I had no problems melee only running the rescues on Neptune.

I'd like to see something like this when I unequip my melee weapon, being able to melee with bare hands/feet/various other limbs in different martial art styles. but I guess that's slightly off-topic here.

Brutal Tide - Obex/Kogake

I'd call that as something that's decently close to what you're looking for.

All in all, it's a work-in-progress, people. Considering the quality at which Warframe is (Have any of you just taken a moment to look at the modelling quality of the Warframes and then compared it to other "Hi-Fi" games? Have you? Once you get the eye for spotting polygons, your perspective basically gets flipped on modelling quality) this will take time, a lot of time.(To clarify this sentence. Yes I'm saying that Warframe is of surprisingly high quality for a game you can just jump in and play without paying anything. [Trading brought us to the point where, with patience and determination, one can get plat stuff without actually paying.])

And preferably in small updates, instead of waiting on a big pile of combos to slap onto the stances at once. As small updates leaves people more focused on the small few and thus giving better feedback (I suppose, logic needs more coffee perhaps).

There are however, as OP mentioned, some combos that... can literally be combined. Fracturing Wind being one of them. The other was the less fancy Dual-Dagger one(Gnashing Payara if I recall correctly). In both cases you can just do a 2-in-1 combo and call it a day.