The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Will They Fix Glaive?

Nnazqul

I didn't folowed the forums much so I don't know what is being done about this , if anything at all, but I expected Glaive's charge atack to be fixed.

Double tap to trow the glaive is so awkward to use and game breaking.That extra hit just adds a double time charging the weapon.

I don't even understand why they removed charge atacks to begin with.

I didn't folowed the forums much so I don't know what is being done about this , if anything at all, but I expected Glaive's charge atack to be fixed.

Double tap to trow the glaive is so awkward to use and game breaking.That extra hit just adds a double time charging the weapon.

I don't even understand why they removed charge atacks to begin with.

Because for every weapon that's not the Glaive group charge-attacks were a major balance problem. They made melee all about big, slow single hits rather than any sort of flow like we have now.

Plus you can still throw it with a single button-press by simply not equipping it and holding down your melee-attack key.

Here Here.  I've been checking the patch notes each time... It seems like a simple fix, but I guess it's more complicated than it looks.  At least they're aware of it.  Love to get an ETA!

When did they say they're aware of it? It's a single-hold when you don't have it equipped so it would seem to be an intentional choice on their part to give it a single swing before letting you throw it.

Because for every weapon that's not the Glaive group charge-attacks were a major balance problem. They made melee all about big, slow single hits rather than any sort of flow like we have now.

Plus you can still throw it with a single button-press by simply not equipping it and holding down your melee-attack key.

the balance problem was because of the mods not charge atacks .

they need to reintroduce charge atacks.

When did they say they're aware of it? It's a single-hold when you don't have it equipped so it would seem to be an intentional choice on their part to give it a single swing before letting you throw it.

They said they were aware of it the day after melee 2.0

The devs have brought it up multiple times. Due to the way Melee Mode is coded, they weren't able to implement a simple hold 'n' throw like "Melee 1.0 Mode" allows, so they went with the next best option (the simplest possible combo) until they find a fix for it.

The devs have brought it up multiple times. Due to the way Melee Mode is coded, they weren't able to implement a simple hold 'n' throw like "Melee 1.0 Mode" allows, so they went with the next best option (the simplest possible combo) until they find a fix for it.

I hope that fix comes on Wed. :(

Those could be looked at too, but it seems to me, that with skill, those things could be avoided.  The tedium of having to multi-press to throw messes up your timing when hitting enemies at medium range.  I'm still looking at those patch notes with eager eyes each Wed... :)