Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 2.0 And Aerial Combat

Hououza

DE,

As you may have read from a lot of people's posts on the forums, a lot of players (including myself), have found what we consider to be a glaring omission in Melee 2.0: the ability to hit airborne or wall mounted targets.

In light of this I would like to make a suggestion that I believe would help in resolving this issue: replace the current ground slam attack that is performed whenever you press the melee attack button in mid air and replace it with a slash.

What that means is that while jumping we would be able to slash at foes, such as Ospreys and Cameras, rather than striking the ground which only really works on normal foes.

Of course, a lot of people make good use of the ground slam, so I have a suggestion there as well: when jumping if you hold down the melee attack button that will then perform the ground pound instead of an aerial attack.

This way it gives us a better toolset to deal with both enemy types, and adds a little more variety to the combat.

Going further, if this could be expanded to wall running, so allowing us to choose between the charge attack or normal strikes would mean that killing things while wall running would be far easier, and allow things like the Rank 7 test to be completed with a sword alone.

Anyway, I leave it up to the rest of the community to decide, if you like this idea please support so we can bring it to DEs attention.

If not, then sorry for wasting your time.

H.