The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros

superbot34

Besides Desecrate, a really cool design, and the 666 shields joke, there's truly nothing Nekros has worth-while anymore.

Damage 2.0 pretty much nerfed Soul Punch's damage to abysmal levels against anything that's not Corpus. 

Terrify is horrible because the user cannot use the skill again until all enemies effected by it are either dead or lived through the full duration. Additionally this skill can break the AI on rare occasions.

Shadows of the Dead will always be useless due to the AI being absolutely $&*&*#(%& once they're re-summoned. The individual damage of Nekros's minions is abysmal to say the least. Also, the increased presence of actors (the minions, which are repurposed copies of killed enemies) makes game's frame rate take a dive (on some systems, but not all).

Yeah, sure. Nekros is the only Warframe that can loot corpses and increase the probability of finding a really rare mod everyone wants. But that doesn't mean his other powers should be so bad. 

And if I suggest how to improve Nekros as a whole I doubt anyone would agree with me completely removing Terrify and Shadows of the Dead. Summoner-type spells don't work in shooters at all unless they're as powerful or more powerful than the summoner.

I have to admit that Nekros is cool but other than farming, what's the point? 

Single target CC on his 1 is pretty standard. Not that I use it. Just saying it's par for the course. A fear skill is fantastic when pushing your difficulty level. Fear also helps you set up desecrate when you need to loot a specific enemy in the middle of a mob. Otherwise you have to just stand there and tank hits.

I think he could use some buffs, Soul Punch could definitely use a bigger AoE behind the target, but I think most of the 'problems' with Nekros stem from the game being way too easy right now, due to power creep and no incentive to not just use the best gear you have all the time for everything

Wait for a round of nerfs or really really hard new game modes to come out with fancy new loot. Then see who doesn't love a fear skill and a knockdown on the extra loot character with decoys. Nekros is one of only two frames where I'd actually recommend using all four skills at the same time.

Just my 2¢

Terrify needs to work like Radial Blind tbh. Make it semi spammable (After a very short cool down), if you can do that it would be near par with Radial Blind. Shadows of the dead can be usefull as summoning them can act like a shield when reviving people, that's what I used to use it for.

But yeah, soul punch is useless.

It would be cool if Soul Punch did finisher damage to the initial target (double the damage on it as wel) and Blast on the secondary damage (with high proc chance) to make it an execution-style move that also has strong CC and also functions as a general purpose damage ability. 

Terrify needs to be recastable but can keep its power strength target limit, this way you spend more energy to cc more enemies but you have the option to cc everything if you want, which you don't now. 

SotD needs better AI for the reanimates and a faster cast animation.  A small damage boost to make the reanimates more competitive with live enemies would be welcome as well (maybe give them a thorns effect or make them explode if killed [but not when they expire] as well to increase their damage potential further.)

almost all warframes only have 1 skill worth equipping, nekros is no exception

See, here's the problem: That's wrong on multiple levels.

For starters, there are several frames that have multiple usable skills - Nova, Zephyr, Hydroid, Loki, Nyx, Vauban, etc. It's the frames with a hard upper limit for the accumulation of their skills that are awful.

More importantly however, that's not a justification. All frames should have a reason to use all of their abilities; they were made with only 4 to start with, and there is no reason that any percentage of their comparatively limited arsenals should be squandered on useless crap.