Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Mod Missing - Lethal Torrent For Rifles!

Jathaal

Hey all,

Now, I've just finished my work on my Dread, bringing it up to one awesome crazy muti-shotting crit machine. As I was finishing my last few levels of this Forma, I asked myself, "Why don't we have Lethal Torrent for rifles?" So that's the question I'll be asking here.

Now, I find myself far too often completely abandoning my primary, in the face of my Critical Brakk and my Critical Lex Prime. This shouldn't be the case! Secondaries should remain just that, something that is absolutely the backup. They shouldn't be something you use straight away because they're better. Now, I understand that a single mod for rifles will not fix the certain lack of balance between Pistols and Rifles, but it would go a long way to helping with the current problem of Pistols straight up outclassing Rifles for just about any situation.

Let me know what you guys think.

I'm gonna have to say no, mainly because I feel like we should be moving away from using multi-shot mods as a mechanic for boosting damage. DE does have to do something about the imbalance of pistols and rifles for sure, but I think adding even more multi-shot to the game is only going to hurt the overall balance of things even more.

I'd rather they removed or modified the way multi-shot worked and gave us other means of achieving a similar power level.

There is an equivalent to Lethal Torrent for rifles. It is called Shred. On the bows, however, it isn't too useful but then neither is multishot since you are one-shotting anyway.

Shred is useful for charge time, other than that I agree.

If you're modding your gear right, nothing should be "backup". Different weapons for different roles.

I will say, mostly, yeah, that's the case. But when I really REALLY need to kill that Level 40 Napalm, I switch out to my Lex Prime.

I will say, mostly, yeah, that's the case. But when I really REALLY need to kill that Level 40 Napalm, I switch out to my Lex Prime.

I use Shred on my Dread most of the time. For bows I don't see much point in multishot since I can one-shot any Grineer up to 40 in the chest without Split Chamber or Serration. Just crit and elemental mods are enough. Of course I do put Serration on anyway, but I don't use Split Chamber on it.

I'm pretty sure he's saying this because Shred is literally the Rifle equivalent of Lethal Torrent, and Vigor is the Warframe equivalent of both, since they're all from the Arid Fear event back in August. 

The biggest issue I have with multishot is that it's like a random crit mechanic in a game that already has random crits. Makes things wayyyyy too RNG.

Fire Lanka (Serration, Split, Speed, Storm, Infected, Point, Vital, Hammer; all maxed)

- Roll multishot: 90% chance

-- Multishot successful, two bullets

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 1: 50% chance

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 2: 50% chance

-- Multishot unsuccessful, one bullet

--- Roll Crit for Bullet 1: 50% chance

Multiplier chart...

- 22.5% x8.4 (double crit)

- 45.0% x5.2 (double single crit)

- 5.00% x4.2 (single crit)

- 22.5% x2.0 (double no crit)

- 5.00% x1.0 (single no crit)

I do between 1x and 8.4x damage, normalizing to 4.9625x (just barely less than 5x).

Putting actual numbers to these multipliers....

- 5.00% deals 1,853.60 Corrosive

- 22.5% deals 3,707.20 Corrosive

- 5.00% deals 7,785.12 Corrosive

- 45.0% deals 9,638.72 Corrosive

- 22.5% deals 15,570.24 Corrosive

--- Normalized deals 9,198.49 Corrosive

That's a range of 13,716.64 damage.

Now, for weapons with spread (like, say, a Gorgon or Supra), Multishot is *amazing* as it increases the likelyhood that the RNG will pick a spot in your spread cone that lands a hit on something. Maybe not the intended something, but still something that takes damage. On these weapons, it's as much a boon to your to-hit roll as it is a boon to your damage output roll.

But on high-acc weapons where it's not a reroll on the attack roll, it's just a damage roll- because crits aren't RNG enough already.

It gets worse with the bows, because on both Dread and the Paris Prime you can eliminate the RNG on its crits, meaning the 90% double of Split *is* your crit. And considering the bows have better damage than my Lanka, the raw damage range for that is going to be around an 8-9k difference in the raws. Which is *massive*.