The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neckros

(PSN)Nerothebonelord

He needs a couple of changes to his skills. I would like to see his Terrify to be recastable. It's annoying when the enemy runs off to the next room and you have to hunt them down to recast it again. Or they should give Terrify a slow debuff to enemies. They can even remove the cap on Terrify just like how Chaos doesn't have a cap.

Sotd needs a slightly faster casting speed and better AI. I would like to see the clones follow Nekros similar to the Specters.

Mess up your favorite frame? With all due respect, why should only your opinion outweigh everyone else's on this topic? Plenty of other people have Nekros, and many of them (Archwizard just happens to be the most proactive of the bunch) find him lackluster outside his 3, which really is tied to RNG.

Nekros isn't just about you and you only. Get off your high horse.

Nekros isn't the only frame. If you think you should change the frame that others appreciate because you, personally, don't? Then I hate to break it to you, but the one who needs to re-evaluate their position on a horse is you.

If you don't like Nekros, don't play him. Other players do. And for those who don't, other frames exist. But you don't like it, so it should change, but that's not selfish? Other players like it, but them wanting it to not change makes them selfish? How dare they disagree with you?

I can't tell if you're legitimately that lacking in self-awareness, or just so self-absorbed that you can't see past the end of your own nose.

He needs a couple of changes to his skills. I would like to see his Terrify to be recastable. It's annoying when the enemy runs off to the next room and you have to hunt them down to recast it again. Or they should give Terrify a slow debuff to enemies. They can even remove the cap on Terrify just like how Chaos doesn't have a cap.

Sotd needs a slightly faster casting speed and better AI. I would like to see the clones follow Nekros similar to the Specters.

Terrify already has an armor-shred built in, it doesn't really need a slow.

Terrify already has an armor-shred built in, it doesn't really need a slow.

You misunderstand, it's not that Terrify needs an extra debuff of some flavor to compete. It's that it's hard to take advantage of enemies being powerless and their defenses weakened (however slightly) when they immediately flee line of sight and bolt for the door under the effects of Terrify - the AI is already stupid enough that enemies can get stuck walking past a flight of stairs or set of lockers getting INTO your line of sight, they don't need your help hiding or making them dumber. It doesn't couple well with the "cannot be recast while active" limitation of it, since you have to commit yourself to hunting those foes down after casting if you want to be able to use it any time soon.

Ultimately, Terrify is in a weird position of trying to be two things at once: a 2nd-slot CC (which would make it useful for emergency bursts ie revivals, if not for the long wait between casts, high cost and enforced upper limit on targeting), and a 75 energy lockdown (which opens it to comparison with far more powerful and user-friendly skills like Chaos and Bastille). Several of its strengths just end up working against it, simply because it's a mish-mash of excessive limitations that imbalance those strengths - probably because it has potential to be a trollish skill, but that's just speculation on my part.

In short, I would take a slow effect over armor-shred on Terrify, simply because it's hard to shoot someone (for ~5% more damage, woohoo) through layers of closed doors.

Edited by Archwizard

They should just change Soul punch. Rename it Fitchslap and make it like he's slapping mobs with the outside of his hands. Make the animations like he's really slapping them from far away. Make it deal damage to a cone of area and there you go. 

I really dont understand terrify, you scare mobs near you but when new mobs or uneffected mobs comes and starts rending you like döner you cant use it because you already scared off some mobs. What?. Just make it spam-able and scale his Shadows of the Dead with the mobs and voila! 

Also i hate to use his desecrate with the build which murders the rest of your abilities. 

These changes has to happen but you see, a warframe like ash hasnt been updated for a long while. Im not going to count Banshee, she was awesome with her hundred kilometers ultimate and that awesome damage. Now you push mobs a little or its a nice way to suicide while tickling your enemies. You become a bullet sponge after that pushback ends.

They should just change Soul punch. Rename it Fitchslap and make it like he's slapping mobs with the outside of his hands. Make the animations like he's really slapping them from far away. Make it deal damage to a cone of area and there you go. 

I really dont understand terrify, you scare mobs near you but when new mobs or uneffected mobs comes and starts rending you like döner you cant use it because you already scared off some mobs. What?. Just make it spam-able and scale his Shadows of the Dead with the mobs and voila! 

Also i hate to use his desecrate with the build which murders the rest of your abilities. 

These changes has to happen but you see, a warframe like ash hasnt been updated for a long while. Im not going to count Banshee, she was awesome with her hundred kilometers ultimate and that awesome damage. Now you push mobs a little or its a nice way to suicide while tickling your enemies. You become a bullet sponge after that pushback ends.

"I hate everything about Nekros so he should change, because I won't just play a different frame."

"I hate everything about Nekros so he should change, because I won't just play a different frame."

I pointed out the flaws that waframe has. I do play him. I like him but his moveset requires some love and rework. You can't find anyone who's finding his soul punch and terrify as useful as the other frames. His first is a single target skill which doesnt do alot, his terrify only scares the mobs around you and when new ones comes you cant use it. It doesnt make any sense.

Are my ideas bad? You like Nekros as he is? You are free to say that. Its just you dont go saying silly things like these but meh, warframe forums are full of people trying to bash others anyway. Have fun.

Edited by Shin

I pointed out the flaws that waframe has. I do play him. I like him but his moveset requires some love and rework. You can't find anyone who's finding his soul punch and terrify as useful as the other frames. His first is a single target skill which doesnt do alot, his terrify only scares the mobs around you and when new ones comes you cant use it. It doesnt make any sense.

Are my ideas bad? You like Nekros as he is? You are free to say that. Its just you dont go saying silly things like these but meh, warframe forums are full of people trying to bash others anyway. Have fun.

I like the basic concept of balance. Do you even give consideration to the thought that if Terrify was more effective, it would be all Nekros did? That then there would be complaining that he's just a Terrify-bot.

If you want a different type of kit with Nekros, play a different frame. As it stands, he maintains effectiveness throughout. Soul Punch ragdolls regardless of level. Terrify fears and shreds armor at all levels. Desecrate works at any level. Shadows of the Dead scales and works at any level.

His entire kit functions at every level. 1-120, his abilities will be as effective. The only thing that suffers is the minor damage for Soul Punch. But people continue to ask for buffs to a kit that scales effectively and indefinitely

Yes, every ability "could" be better. Every ability could also instant-kill an entire chunk of the map. But balance dictates abilities. And if you're playing Nekros for his hard CC, or his damage, you are playing him for the wrong reasons. He provides resources to the team. He provides fast CC in a pinch. He provides the ability to ragdoll one specific, dangerous enemy. He provides a mass decoy.

He is utility. If you want different utility, then don't play him and expect him to change. Play Nyx, play Frost, play Volt, play Vauban, play something, anything else if you're looking for different utility. Do you go shopping for a car and pick a small coupe and say "I'll take it, but it should be bigger, with four doors, and a hatchback." No. You pick a different car. So why are you picking Nekros and saying he should be different?

Nekros isn't the only frame. If you think you should change the frame that others appreciate because you, personally, don't? Then I hate to break it to you, but the one who needs to re-evaluate their position on a horse is you.

If you don't like Nekros, don't play him. Other players do. And for those who don't, other frames exist. But you don't like it, so it should change, but that's not selfish? Other players like it, but them wanting it to not change makes them selfish? How dare they disagree with you?

I can't tell if you're legitimately that lacking in self-awareness, or just so self-absorbed that you can't see past the end of your own nose.

The ultimate irony is that, throughout this entire thread, you have displayed similar behavior lacking "self-awareness", which is equally "self-absorbed". Like Llyssa, you are utterly disregarding other people's suggestions and ideas for a frame that the majority of players say is rather lackluster, for perfectly viable reasons. Note that Llyssa did not want a "pet master" because he (or she) does not personally like the "pet master" concept. This itself is a very self-centered notion, however subjectively justifiable it is, and if you can't see that then frankly I'm not going to waste any further time dealing with you.

You like the frame? Fine. Fantastic. But, again, as I will reiterate, this is not just about you. This is about everyone who uses the frame, and as I have encountered so far, the majority find Nekros lackluster and in need of some kind of buff, fix, or rework to make him much more effective. Many people have made equally numerous threads and suggestions to various degrees of extensiveness about this. Don't just ignore them and toot your own horn all the way through; consider what they have to say, incorporate elements of it, compromise, or at the very least acknowledge their presence and point.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Get off your high horse.

Edited by Ishteen

Do you even give consideration to the thought that if Terrify was more effective, it would be all Nekros did? That then there would be complaining that he's just a Terrify-bot.

There's an incredible irony to your statement. The question is whether it's intended on your part or not.

His entire kit functions at every level. 1-120, his abilities will be as effective.

Because (besides Desecrate) they're all CC.

Variety!

Edit (since the conversation was removed) -

They're all different forms of CC where a singular decent one would do, each one built to make up for the fact that the other two are sub-par.

Difference between Chaos and Mind Control, in terms of Nyx' kit: Mind Control is more potent on fewer targets. You cast one skill when you don't want to cast the other. Same with Vauban's skills, Frost's skills, Hydroid's skills, half the frames in the game in terms of damage or CC or varied utility. 

Difference between Terrify and Soul Punch, in terms of Nekros' kit: One's overpriced filler for when you want to cast the other but can't

I can't even get into Shadows of the Dead simply because it's so... inconsistent.

Edited by Archwizard

Guys come on, how can we think for our selves? I mean How can we want things to be better than they are now? Its just downright outrageous dont you think? 

I made the mistake of presenting my idea's and im sorry for that. Because i didnt realise that you are one of the Forum warriors defending something without accepting anything or considering the others ideas. 

How dare they disagree with you?

This is you in a nutshell its ironic dont you think ? . If everyone in world was like him, we would be at our throats for presenting new ideas. "Hey wanna try to cook the chicken this way?" "NO, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THIS WAY THEN DONT EAT IT"

Stop thinking like this. You are in no position to say things like play something else. Who do you think you are anyway? Your post doesnt even make any sense since everyone knows whats up with nekros. 

Meh, i dont care anymore. Since the Steam release number of kids playing this game increased annoyingly. I'll just leave it at this..

Edited by Shin

No need for any of us to verbally attack each other, Nekros is worth discussing on his own.

This is a feedback forum, everyone is entitled to give their experiences - so long as we leave out circular arguments (like "stop acting like your experiences are more important than mine"), insults, and attempts to goad each other into inflammatory responses.

Nekros Fan suggestion

I suggest that desecrate can not just spawn health orbs and resources , ammo

BUT also spawn credits.

Speaking of credits drops in the game play, is really rather stupid base on the amount that we receive is like 100 - 300 credits?

It would be good if the credit spawn amount increase to maybe 1000 credits per drop.

Shadows of the dead is rather just for cover purposes.

shadows that you summoned helping you to take damage from incoming enemies, is really lack of potential.

There must be a potential difference between the shadows summoned and the enemies if not it will be total useless.

Maybe increase the level , damage , amour , shield for the shadows summoned so that the shadows will be able to outrun enemies.

If not is just plain useless for this ability other then taking covers.

Please work on nekros warframe,

With Regards,

MiseryHearts

Edited by miseryhearts

Guys come on, how can we think for our selves? I mean How can we want things to be better than they are now? Its just downright outrageous dont you think? 

I made the mistake of presenting my idea's and im sorry for that. Because i didnt realise that you are one of the Forum warriors defending something without accepting anything or considering the others ideas. 

This is you in a nutshell its ironic dont you think ? . If everyone in world was like him, we would be at our throats for presenting new ideas. "Hey wanna try to cook the chicken this way?" "NO, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT THIS WAY THEN DONT EAT IT"

Stop thinking like this. You are in no position to say things like play something else. Who do you think you are anyway? Your post doesnt even make any sense since everyone knows whats up with nekros. 

Meh, i dont care anymore. Since the Steam release number of kids playing this game increased annoyingly. I'll just leave it at this..

I think the entire thread breathed a sigh of relief at the idea of you leaving it.

I can't get over this. One person says a frame others enjoy should be changed. But everyone who wants the frame that they like, that fits their needs, that fits their desired playstyle, if what they like is taken into consideration, it's "selfish".

But if somebody doesn't like Nekros, and wants to change something that others like, wants to change something that others enjoy, and wants to enforce their tastes on others, that's somehow right and proper?

What kind of self-centered rhetoric do you subscribe to? Why, exactly, can't you just use another frame that more fits the expectations you seem to have set out, regardless of reality?

Any reason why everyone is touting the opinion of somebody who can't even spell "Nekros" right? Clearly an expert.

I think the entire thread breathed a sigh of relief at the idea of you leaving it.

I can't get over this. One person says a frame others enjoy should be changed. But everyone who wants the frame that they like, that fits their needs, that fits their desired playstyle, if what they like is taken into consideration, it's "selfish".

But if somebody doesn't like Nekros, and wants to change something that others like, wants to change something that others enjoy, and wants to enforce their tastes on others, that's somehow right and proper?

What kind of self-centered rhetoric do you subscribe to? Why, exactly, can't you just use another frame that more fits the expectations you seem to have set out, regardless of reality?

Any reason why everyone is touting the opinion of somebody who can't even spell "Nekros" right? Clearly an expert.

I merely presented my ideas while someone else couldnt take an idea like you. Do i like nekros? yes and no. He can be better and for that cause i gave feedback on how i felt and made suggestions and quite frankly my suggestions are not game breaking or takes the other persons fun who likes nekros as he is. 

Forums are meant to give feedback. Users are here to discuss it, not cry over it like " i like him better this way if you dont like him go play something else". Some people are acting terrible in this community when a change/buff/nerf idea is presented for their favourite toys.

You are not the only one who's playing this game. DE is not making this game just for you. Get off your high horse.

You mean like the 4 people in this thread still bickering like babies over a video game character?

Sometimes people like to theory craft about abilities, and discuss out game play mechanic crap for the hell of it, cause a good number of us enjoy doing so with each other.

Take the personal implications and investment out of this argument and look at what you're all actually fighting about, cause it's pretty dumb.

Besides, we all know that feedback is never taken from these forums, so all of our pet frames are in no danger of being changed based on someone's opinion here.