The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alien Mouse Syndrome

VKhaun

So I just worked ten days in a row, 10-12 hour shifts at a desk job using a PC. Didn't get a chance to play much at all in my time off. Now I come home and my mouse feels totally weird trying to play Warframe after using the work PC's mouse all that time.

I can't hit anything. >.<

Anyone have any strategies for curing this? I'm going to try going back to burst/semi weapons to train myself. I started off with Boltor Prime and found myself spraying little fans to hit everything LOL

Why did I not think of that?

That is... mindblowingly simple...

Well, the only instances where you can't is if you work in a government building that requires classified, secret or top-secret clearance to access in which case any non-approved USB device (keyboards/mice included)  will get you arrested.

So yeah if you're a government worker working in a classified facility... you can't really bring it with you since it's possible to hide/conceal a spliced flash drive in a mouse that can upload malicious software the second it's connected.

But otherwise, just bring your mouse. Whenever I go travelling I bring my desktop mouse for when I want to game on my laptop.

Well, the only instances where you can't is if you work in a government building that requires classified, secret or top-secret clearance to access in which case any non-approved USB device (keyboards/mice included)  will get you arrested.

So yeah if you're a government worker working in a classified facility... you can't really bring it with you since it's possible to hide/conceal a spliced flash drive in a mouse that can upload malicious software the second it's connected.

But otherwise, just bring your mouse. Whenever I go travelling I bring my desktop mouse for when I want to game on my laptop.

You seem to have given this alot of thought....

Yeah but the guards here at the pentagon are a bunch of dummies. I've been selling stuff to the Chinese for YEARS.

You seem to have given this alot of thought....

Well, I may or may not have worked at a classified facility in the past, which could be the possible source of my knowledge regarding computer peripheral policy in such facilities.

Yeah but the guards here at the pentagon are a bunch of dummies. I've been selling stuff to the Chinese for YEARS.

Most secure facilities actually have specialized software on all computers connected to the network. If someone inserts an unknown USB device it instantly severs the connection of that computer and raises alerts to security. 

I may or may not have seen a demonstration of what happens when unauthorized devices are connected to a computer on such a network, and it may or may not have been totally neat.