The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nekros Worth It?

Soul Punch: Jump before applying application. If Soul Punch comes in contact with a surface it explodes, for delicious exploding CC. 
Terrify: Also fairly good CC, useful in higher levels. Like Nyx's Chaos, I feel it actually benefits from the duration reduction of Fleeting Expertise so that it can be cast more often as the situation warrants it. With the longer duration it has a tendency to linger on a single enemy where you'd really like to apply it to a fresh batch. The damage reduction is very significant against stupidly high level enemies (lv 100+)
Desecrate: The only thing anyone seems to think Nekros can do. 
Shadows of the Dead: Also useful as short duration tanks, but of limited use outside of defense missions since you will be moving around so much. 

Polarizing a power slot is the thing I hate most. I understand Soul punch, but Terrify and SoTD... Wow.

Terrify is meh and Shadows Of The Dead is actually one of the worst ults in game.

And with that setup SOTD spawns only 3 or 4 minions / Terrify only affect 6 enemies.

If anything I can replace Rush for Soul Punch - for the knockback. Could be handy in a few situations. But i like to be fast.

It is depends on what you want him for.

For direct combat

Nah.. he is not good at it, but he is fairy good at distracting an enemy with terrify and SOD skill.

For getting an extra loot

Definitely worth it, he trains for this day (thing).  With him, you will choke on common mods and resources.

*edit : engrish.

Edited by warf2013