Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build Our Powers Into The Warframe Please !

Doughalo2

Then they should at least make ability mod slots separate from regular mod slots, like the aura slot, so that you don't have to trade your abilities for war frame performance. And ability performance should be tied to your frames level, not just the level of ability mods you have equipped.

That goes in the exact opposite direction of flexibility and choice.

I agree. I'd put thief's wit on more 'frames if i could.

The way i think about it, warframe powers would be in a separate 'powers' tab next to the 'a, b, c' loadouts. I know the scaling 'issue' comes up, so since they aren't removable, on the power's tab you just press square on an ability to level it up or down, the white squares on the side would be blue or something to indicate how high it is. Preferably they wouldn't use capacity, as people's loadouts shouldn't be penalized for having a power they don't like for whatever reason, while people like me who use as many powers as they can, can do so.  

But i don't think we need 10 slots, 8 would do, and bring warframes in line with everything else in the game you can put mods on (sentinels have 10, but they only have 2 sentinel-specific mods each). Speaking of which these don't need to be on drop tables either, if you scaled it to unranked then the sentinel would just consider the mod unequipped.

a side point: more warframe slots would not make nova 'more' overpowered since she doesn't take much to be op to begin with, all she needs right now, not counting abilities, is four slots

There's too many warframes with powers that depend on 3 or more stats (looking at you Hydroid) to hold the entire thing back because of one warframe. I get the idea is to encourage people to use different builds and not just max absolutely everything out, but since you can't mod powers separately (and that would be another thread entirely) it feels more restrictive most the time to me.

That goes in the exact opposite direction of flexibility and choice.

Not really. Ideally, they wouldn't cost you anything. If you don't like a certain move you have the choice of not using it.

Not really. Ideally, they wouldn't cost you anything. If you don't like a certain move you have the choice of not using it.

So what you're saying is you didn't read the context of what I said, and just blind-responded? Good job. Try reading before responding.

So what you're saying is you didn't read the context of what I said, and just blind-responded? Good job. Try reading before responding.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

with it tied to performance you would have the choice of choosing a lower rank after you hit 30 if you wanted to

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

with it tied to performance you would have the choice of choosing a lower rank after you hit 30 if you wanted to

So yes. 

Not reading.

honestly, I'm just predicting that the ability mod slots is gonna give the developers an advantage to creating more ability skills for our individual frames then just hard coding them in.

This argument has long lost its credibility. Simply make another section in the Warframe's mod arsenal akin to the Aura section. Have it independent of mod points and you can swap powers in and out as you please, but does not effect mod capacity.

This uses the same code, allows you to constantly have four powers on your frame regardless and allows you to mod your frame efficiently without sacrificing "mod slots".

This argument has long lost its credibility. Simply make another section in the Warframe's mod arsenal akin to the Aura section. Have it independent of mod points and you can swap powers in and out as you please, but does not effect mod capacity.

This uses the same code, allows you to constantly have four powers on your frame regardless and allows you to mod your frame efficiently without sacrificing "mod slots".

Wow, where to start with this. 

No affect on mod capacity: "give me free mod points"

Have it independent from mods, but you can swap powers as you please: Why would you swap powers out, if they are separate, and don't affect mod points? Don't worry, you immediately follow up with

This allows you to constantly have four powers: In which you immediately forget what you said in the previous sentence.

Allows you to mod your frame efficiency without sacrificing mod slots: In as much as it removes the option to trim abilities to increase raw stats in places.

Your own idea doesn't even agree with itself.

I agree. I'd put thief's wit on more 'frames if i could.

The way i think about it, warframe powers would be in a separate 'powers' tab next to the 'a, b, c' loadouts. I know the scaling 'issue' comes up, so since they aren't removable, on the power's tab you just press square on an ability to level it up or down, the white squares on the side would be blue or something to indicate how high it is. Preferably they wouldn't use capacity, as people's loadouts shouldn't be penalized for having a power they don't like for whatever reason, while people like me who use as many powers as they can, can do so.  

But i don't think we need 10 slots, 8 would do, and bring warframes in line with everything else in the game you can put mods on (sentinels have 10, but they only have 2 sentinel-specific mods each). Speaking of which these don't need to be on drop tables either, if you scaled it to unranked then the sentinel would just consider the mod unequipped.

a side point: more warframe slots would not make nova 'more' overpowered since she doesn't take much to be op to begin with, all she needs right now, not counting abilities, is four slots

There's too many warframes with powers that depend on 3 or more stats (looking at you Hydroid) to hold the entire thing back because of one warframe. I get the idea is to encourage people to use different builds and not just max absolutely everything out, but since you can't mod powers separately (and that would be another thread entirely) it feels more restrictive most the time to me.

With 8 slots for non-ability mods, that's still enough room to equip the duration, efficiency, range, and strength mods, including their corrupted versions.  Even though someone can equip all those mods with the current system, there's still a sacrifice involved (needing forma, omitting some powers, etc.).  If a warframe relies on all of these stats to enhance their abilities, the build would look like this.  (Sample Build for Hydroid)

- Stretch

- Overextended

- Intensify

- Blind Rage

- Continuity

- Narrow Minded

- Streamline

- Fleeting Expertise

This is still a net gain to all attributes that enhance ability powers.  There's no real sacrifice, even though you only have 8 slots to use instead of 10, since all abilities will be available at all times and you don't have to spend forma to remove ability polarities.  (There would be no purpose to these polarities if abilities were baked into each warframe.)  I don't see how this is supposed to help with build diversity.  It seems pretty easy to just run each warframe with the build listed above and remove some corrupted mods if certain powers aren't very useful.  For example, if a Nova player wanted to focus on Molecular Prime, they'd just remove Continuity and Narrow Minded.  (Sample Build for Nova)

Shifting warframe powers out of the mod slots and baking them into the frames sounds pretty broken, and it doesn't matter if it's 8 unrestricted slots or 10.  Dropping down to 6 unrestricted slots would be more limiting than what exists now, since the current system allows you to exceed 6 mods if you're willing to omit some warframe abilities.

They used to be, It was changed because now you have the freedom to pick and choose. Having them hard coded in makes it to limited on choice. The way it is now is much better, if you want all 4 abilities on then equip them.

Also, DE is working on new abilities so that frames can have more than 4 to choose from. How do you expect those to work out if the main abilities are hard coded into the frame?

Also, having those 4 extra slots to power up warframe would already make the game easier than it is, unless you goto wave 200+. Which not many do or attempt.

well there is a way to allow choice without losing 4 slots to abilities. Just make a seperate row of slots for the abilities that don't interfere with the modifications to your warframe. That would make more customization available along with keeping ability mods as well. 

Although, I would prefer them built in and a different section to equip those said mods.

well there is a way to allow choice without losing 4 slots to abilities. Just make a seperate row of slots for the abilities that don't interfere with the modifications to your warframe. That would make more customization available along with keeping ability mods as well. 

Although, I would prefer them built in and a different section to equip those said mods.

Exactly what would the point of separating the slots for abilities be? Just another row in the upgrade screen that is not functionally different in any way? That's.. nothing. That does nothing. That is not an idea.

i like that powers are apart of the 10 slots, and i don't think it needs to change, and here's why,...
i as a alpha warframe player don't use all my powers on my warframe builds,
some powers i don't like to use and some are just better off with other sets,
that said if they where made permanently attached and equipped than i would have powers i dont use,
as well as less mod space to build my warframe as i desire, it would be a complete turn off for me,
you shouldn't be forced to have all your powers equipped, and if its a choice thing,...
i choose not to have all equipped, others may choose differently but that is their choice,
if you take a choice away from some one and tell them this new way(not having a choice) is better,
most likely its going to annoy people, and make them not want to play.

Edited by AndiNaga