Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build Our Powers Into The Warframe Please !

Doughalo2

If our powers were build into our warframes then we could have all our powers at once and still be viable late game against real high level enemys.

and more importantly ITS  WAY MORE FUN USING ALL POWERS ! :D

I know this would meen nova etc would be way more powerful but just buff the weaker frames !! :D

no need for nerfs...

and these extra 4 slots we could use to build a warframes powers with duration and damage. not just the ult's power...

or build some decent shields and health on a weaker frame.

Having ability mods sucks.

honestly, I'm just predicting that the ability mod slots is gonna give the developers an advantage to creating more ability skills for our individual frames then just hard coding them in.

Im quite Scott said that this was the intention of going with ability slots.

Edit: there was a thread on the design council not long ago about new abilitys.

Edited by Luxylol

It's been asked for a million times but I still agree, I really dislike how you're essentially "punished" by choosing to use your frame to it's full potential. If Warframe abilities were innate, abilities that are generally regarded as too situational may actually see the light of day since people won't have to sacrifice them for other mods.

Although 10 slots might be a bit much, I think 8 slots would suffice.

P.S. Abilities could still have their own separate slots if DE still intends to create alternative abilities.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

*Grabs Popcorn

Honestly I'm interested to see where this is headed.

This is a bit different than other times when people say, have a frame that can use any power. And people say no.

lol I completely miss understood your point lol

But I agree with this more lol

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

honestly, I'm just predicting that the ability mod slots is gonna give the developers an advantage to creating more ability skills for our individual frames then just hard coding them in.

Interesting thought. I could maybe see Warframe agnostic powers possibly being introduced. That would add some variety to the powers.

They used to be, It was changed because now you have the freedom to pick and choose. Having them hard coded in makes it to limited on choice. The way it is now is much better, if you want all 4 abilities on then equip them.

Also, DE is working on new abilities so that frames can have more than 4 to choose from. How do you expect those to work out if the main abilities are hard coded into the frame?

Also, having those 4 extra slots to power up warframe would already make the game easier than it is, unless you goto wave 200+. Which not many do or attempt.

I think 10 slots isn't bad because if you have a warframe with abilitys that rely on duration, power and range then yes you need all those slots for a decent all round build take ember for example. She relys on all this

but having them coded in doesn't limit you choice ! it gives you more mod slots for a better more varied all round frame. Right now my good nova/ rhino is just SPAM SPAM SPAM ult and iron skin

Edited by Doughalo2

Then they should at least make ability mod slots separate from regular mod slots, like the aura slot, so that you don't have to trade your abilities for war frame performance. And ability performance should be tied to your frames level, not just the level of ability mods you have equipped.

They used to be, It was changed because now you have the freedom to pick and choose. Having them hard coded in makes it to limited on choice. The way it is now is much better, if you want all 4 abilities on then equip them.

Also, having those 4 extra slots to power up warframe would already make the game easier than it is, unless you goto wave 200+. Which not many do or attempt.

Basically what I was going to say.

- There's more variety with the current system. If you want crazy stats, you're going to have to sacrifice some abilities. If you want to use all four Abilities, then you're going to have to sacrifice some crazy-powerful stats. Both choices are effective depending on player preference, and allowing both to happen at once minus their only downsides is simply going to create a single, "everything" build. There's no variety in that.

- What you're wanting is stat-stacking-- basically, adding on more and more stats to your Frame with no downsides whatsoever. That is power creep, and it makes the game easier than it already is. It's a very Maplestory-esque path for the game to go down, so trust me when I say that it won't be the healthiest choice for the devs to make.

Edited by SortaRandom

Basically what I was going to say.

- There's more variety with the current system. If you want crazy stats, you're going to have to sacrifice some abilities. If you want to use all four Abilities, then you're going to have to sacrifice some crazy-powerful stats. Both choices are effective depending on player preference, and allowing both to happen at once minus their only downsides is simply going to create a single, "everything" build. There's no variety in that.

Well most people only take off ability mods if its useless.

Also, DE is working on new abilities so that frames can have more than 4 to choose from. How do you expect those to work out if the main abilities are hard coded into the frame?

I don't see the problem here though : Usually specializing in certain powers would greatly weaken other abilities to begin with. Or abilities too situational or not useful enough that people would rather forma the ability slot into a Utility slot, to maximize the damage output or ability potential of the Warframe.

If abilities were in-built, these abilities might actually be used. They may be very weak and only be used once every 2 missions, but at least they can serve a certain niche that other abilities cannot, and people can fill these niches without sacrificing Utility or Attack slots (That people don't usually do anyways, since "end-game" is usually based around building a frame to focus on one or two abilities and removing the rest.

I don't see a downside to this system. If DE were to find a way to implement it, at least give abilities their own 4 slots outside of our regular slots, so that every Warframe would have a choice of at least 4 abilities. It would sure as hell kill off some of the repetition from gameplay for specialized builds, built to spam 1 button.

If this was to happen, they should then reduce our slots to 8, the current 10 would be too much.

I was thinking that perhaps they could divide mod slots into categories, of utility vs warframe performance, because there is no way anyone is going to equip an enemy sense mod over a redirection mod, and then make mods only work within those categories. So for example, you could have 4 slots for increasing amrour, health, shields, energy reserves, etc. 4 slots dedicated to movement, stamina, acrobatics etc, and 4 slots dedicated to utility mods, enemy sense, thief's wit, radar, etc. Then have kill tree components that are built into the warframe that improve as you level up that revolve around these 3 categories.  

Well most people only take off ability mods if its useless.

That's true for abilities like Radial Javelin which are terrible no matter how skillfully you use them, but it's a different issue entirely.

When it comes to abilities such as Super Jump and Switch Teleport which are highly effective only if they match your playstyle, then that's where this "variety" thing comes in. The player can be handicapping their own potential right from the start by not using all of their abilities (e.g. a significant portion of Vaubans with Bounce), but they can make up for that reduced effectiveness by putting a stat mod in its place to boost the abilities that they do use.

Of course, balance between Abilities and +Stats is a bit wonky thanks to the introduction of Corrupted mods, but when looking at the topic of how abilities factor into build variety, it's not too much of an issue. Personally, I'd pick Bounce over a corrupted mod any day of the week.

Edited by SortaRandom

Anyway, a suggestion: as you level, you should unlock the powers. So like rank 0 you have ability 1.

Rank 5 you have ability 2.

Rank 10 you have ability 3.

Rank 20 you have ability 4.

It's going to make formaing more painfull, I don't like that !

If this was to happen, they should then reduce our slots to 8, the current 10 would be too much.

If they remove ability as mod I totaly agree with this gentlemen.

What I would really like to see is a 5th and 6th power for each frame and you can only bring 4.  Sure there is going to be min-maxer, but more customization and variety is always better.

Furthermore, if they do this change they will have to do a BIG balance pass on every frame.  It would be a hell of a job.  Im not sure Scott could survive the backlash ...

I agree. I voluntalry admit that I always polarize at least 1 power slot (very often 2 in fact), in order to get vita/redirection.  It would be better if they where separated from the rest of slots to be able to always use all of our powers.

I think 10 slots isn't bad because if you have a warframe with abilitys that rely on duration, power and range then yes you need all those slots for a decent all round build take ember for example. She relys on all this

It's been asked for a million times but I still agree, I really dislike how you're essentially "punished" by choosing to use your frame to it's full potential. If Warframe abilities were innate, abilities that are generally regarded as too situational may actually see the light of day since people won't have to sacrifice them for other mods.

Although 10 slots might be a bit much, I think 8 slots would suffice.

P.S. Abilities could still have their own separate slots if DE still intends to create alternative abilities.

If we get more slots for mods, it seems like it would lead to less choice.  People would have room to cram in more strength, duration, range, efficiency, and the corrupted versions for even more power.  Sure, the current system may prevent you from making all powers awesome or even equipping all powers, but I don't see it as a punishment.  It leads to more strategic thinking of which powers and buffs are more important for your playstyle.  I use the different loadouts to test variations of builds, tuning them for specific mission types or making a general purpose build.  There would be little need for different loadouts for individual frames with so many slots, and there might be a universal build for all frames.

Here's an example of what you can equip with 10 mod slots.

- Redirection

- Vitality

- Blind Rage

- Overextended

- Fleeting Expertise

- Narrow Minded

- Continuity

- Stretch

- Intensify

- Streamline

If the mods are maxed out, there's still a net gain on strength, duration, range, and efficiency.  This set of mods would probably work well with most frames, with some minor tweaking for certain ones.  Simply giving everyone 4 more mod slots without limitation would be pretty broken.