Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Weapon?

(PSN)iBoiz

Hi there,

Im fairly new to warframe even though I started playing it since the release on ps4.

Im currently Lvl 2, playing with Loki(23) equipped with MK1 Braton(21), Lato(16) and Skana(26).

Im sorry if it was asked many times before or if I posted on the wrong forum but what is a good primary weapon right now? I searched it up and many results were not appliaple because those were oudated and for pc version.

I want something that can easily kill enemies. I have 150platinums that I can use, in addition I could purchase another 370 platinum if its worth it.

Also, Im finding Loki somewhat weak so Im building Rhino right now, already got Rhino Chasis, and I need 1 Control Module, ~300 plastids and 1 Neural Sensors to get Rhino System and Rhino Helmet. Once I get all 3 parts + Orokin Cell to buy Rhino blueprint, is that all it takes to make him or would I have to do something more?
Oh and the last question, what is meaning of "prime" ? For example Rhino Prime. Is that something like a skin?

for where your at right now id recomend the karak as it is a good rifle, after you build rhino you might want to put a orokin reactor on it so it has double the mod capacity. also "prime" is a prefix for the origional orokin design of a weapon or frame and is a completely different item but is very similar to the normal version but with buffed stats and gold trim.

Edited by (PS4)DA_HEFF_

At the moment the best weapon is the Boltor Prime, Prime is kinda like a skin for warframes but on Rhino though it gives it a minor boost in speed but on weapons it is damage boost. Also Loki is pretty awesome if mod right just equip him with duration/range mods with Invisibility and Radial Disarm and you are golden

also this is still the wrong place to post

Edited by (PS4)TheShinigamiGod

At the moment the best weapon is the Boltor Prime, Prime is kinda like a skin for warframes but on Rhino though it gives it a minor boost in speed but on weapons it is damage boost. Also Loki is pretty awesome if mod right just equip him with duration/range mods with Invisibility and Radial Disarm and you are golden

also this is still the wrong place to post

this is correct but just to be clear primes arent actual skins you put on the original item but a completely seperate item

Thanks for the fast response, didn't expect ps4 forum to be so active lol

I posted it here because it seems to the only somewhat relevant place to post in Warframe PS4

So out of Boltor and Karak, which one should I go with? I see people recomending Karak at the PC section but this ps4 user(

) makes it sound like Boltor is the way to go.

Also, how to get these "prime" things? googling doesn't help much

Your going to want to get a new weapon and focus on damage mods and shred so you can shoot groups of enemies ignore crit bonuses for the most part

The duel lex build for a side arm is decent and you can buy them with out platinum .

Keep doing defenses on earth and farm the bosses for rarer mod drops .

You'll eventually want to replace your melee weapon there's a wide range but at lvl 3 most are attainable

I say start small.. and build your way up.. I started almost the same setup as you ..i used my loki to open up planets and kill enemies.. get use to the game and the mechanics of it first..  there is no best weapon ( even though i got my boltor prime forma couple times) ,its up to you to determine that. You dont have the resources for anything yet ...so like I said start clearing planets to build up resources and yours skills.. you'll be thankful to have a loki when your doing your lvl 8 and 15 master test...  on the flip side of being humble.... here is my build..

...since your asking for best weapon..

Rhino Prime with Vanguard Helmet

Boltor Prime

Akbronco Prime

Fang Prime (leveling it up) I would put Galatine but i heard there is no more charge damage when 2.0 comes out for PS4.. well maybe Dual Ichors..

I know Loki is good to support team but often Im the one who dies first lol, besides I already collected all parts and started the countdown. 10 hours for remaining parts + 72 hours to make rhino. I will definitely keep Loki for future once I become "advanced" player.

I guess Ill go for Boltor then :D Hard to open planets with Braton on hands cuz it takes like 5 seconds to kill 1 enemy.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Btw do you guys think its worth getting that helping flying robot ? Are there differences between them?

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

You should just buy guns that look cool until you know what you're doing, as everyone prefers different weapons. The Boltor Prime is the most powerful gun currently but it is hard to get and requires a lot of investment before it becomes good. I have it and honestly I don't like it, I prefer my Dread. So like I said you should just experiment until you find a weapon that you like. To answer your other question Prime gear can only be obtained by earning the parts from Void missions. I wouldn't recommend the Void until you're better at the game though, because a Mk.1 Braton isn't going to do any noticeable damage to enemies in the Void. You can also trade with other players to get Prime stuff, but judging by your loadout in the OP you probably don't have anything that other people want.

To me there isn't one most powerful weapon, but actually a couple different powerful weapon. Also is not always about the weapon, but how you mod the weapon that will make it powerful. Now I'm not saying to use your forma on beginner weapons because even though I said knowing how to mod them is more important, you also don't want to waste you good stuff on crap stuff, lol. My advice is, if you are use to the way the braton feels for you when you play and you like the play style then get the boltor. Is not the prime version but is still pretty damn good. Now don't use your forma on it, instead save your forma for when you get better weapons, and you know which ones you want to stick with. Just make sure you mod it right and you will enjoy doing missions with it. That was my favorite gun and most powerful the way that I nodded it when I was your level. Now of course my favorites are my ogris, orthos prime, dual ichors, and synapse. That's my opinion, just find your play style and go that route. Have fun my friend.

Since we are on the topic of best weapon, I'm close to finally reaching rank 6, torn between getting the Soma or the Synapse.  Any advise?

Thats personal preference. For me I like the soma better for its range and accuracy and you can put shred on and mow down groups at a time but ive heard synapse is better for close range single target but how often is that needed? Plus it takes a forma to build and has no polaritys to begin with whereas the soma has two v polaritys and you can get the blueprint from the market and is cheap to craft.

So imo soma hands down but there are those that would argue

Thats personal preference. For me I like the soma better for its range and accuracy and you can put shred on and mow down groups at a time but ive heard synapse is better for close range single target but how often is that needed? Plus it takes a forma to build and has no polaritys to begin with whereas the soma has two v polaritys and you can get the blueprint from the market and is cheap to craft.

So imo soma hands down but there are those that would argue

That last part about how much it takes to build and setup the synapse is the exact reason I chose the soma.  Should be finished building tonight so I'm excited about starting to use it!  On another note, I was waiting to hit rank 6 so I can finally get a chance to use the better weapons in the game and didn't realize that the Acrid needed rank 7.  For a good 20 min I was like WTF!  why can't I build this thing and after googling it then I discovered that I needed rank 7 mastery to build it.  There has to be a better way to show what rank a weapon from the research labs requires just like the market tells you that a weapon is XP Locked but it tells you it requires rank 6 for example.  I was so disappointed that I wasn't going to have the Soma\Acrid.  Anyone know the mastery rank required for the dual ichors?  I still can't find it so I don't want to just buy the bp from the labs and then discover I can't build them.  And are they good?  Currently I have the Galantine, dual zorens, and leveling up Hate right now.

There are alot of great weapons out there, Boltor Prime is definately right up there, so is the normal Boltor. But I'd suggest to just keep levelling everything to 30 for your Mastery rank, and see what weapons you like. You might get a Boltor or Boltor Prime and hate it, it can be a little fiddly with long distance aiming due to it firing bolts. If you're only starting out, ditch the MK1 Braton and grab the Braton from market, its only 25,000 credits and a decent step up from the MK1. Each weapon has its own advantages, and disadvantages.

But to add to the confusion and as everyone else has done, I'll list off my own personal favourites;

Primaries: Boltor (and Prime), Dread, Karak, Ogris, Penta, Sobek, Soma, Vectis

Secondaries: Bolto and Akbolto, Castanas, Hikou/Kunai/Despair, Marelok

Melee: Kogake, Glaive, and Orthos Prime.

I've been playing for a while, and I'll usually run with either Sobek or Soma, along with Kunai and Orthos Prime, thats my preferred loadout, but for some missions it will change to being say Dread, Kunai and Kogake... It just depends what you are doing, and what weapon will offer the best results for said mission.

Long story short, IMHO, there is NOT one BEST weapon, there are MANY GREAT weapons. 

Thanks for the fast response, didn't expect ps4 forum to be so active lol

I posted it here because it seems to the only somewhat relevant place to post in Warframe PS4

So out of Boltor and Karak, which one should I go with? I see people recomending Karak at the PC section but this ps4 user(

) makes it sound like Boltor is the way to go.

Also, how to get these "prime" things? googling doesn't help much

Karak was not the best weapon to choose. When u goto mission like Level 20-25, u will know karak sucksss..... Me person going to for Penta, Soma, Dread,Phage.Paris.

lol dam Im stupid. Few days ago I learned how to get guns, ie understood how blueprints work, I could have easily crafted Boltor and its cheap too. Kind of sad that I wasted 150 plat.

Anyhow, got Rhino(rank 5 atm) didnt know he was so slow compared to Loki lol

For those just starting off being rank 0 your choices don't apply and so the karak is the best starting weapon unless just like the OP you use platinum and buy a bolter. My karak carried me all the way to rank 6 until I was able to get a soma but at rank 6 your choices open up and then it comes down to personal preference.