Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Tutorial: Could Use Some Work.

koopagon

as of the last time i played through it, it was rather sparse in information that would actually be useful to players.

unless it has been updated since i joined maybe a week ago, it can be broken down into three parts.

1. these are pickups, grab them when you can

2. these are your weapons, use them to kill enemies.

3. use weapons to kill enemies within time limit.

now this does in no way cover the parkour elements the game currently posses like being able to run up walls to either climb to places you cannot normally jump to or run along walls which come up in later missions and make new players scratch their heads at what initially seems like an impossible to pass location.

TL;DR add the parkour moves to the tutorial, help new players not be lost.

I downloaded this game and started playing. I started with the tutorial. I thought my graphics were messed up because all i could see is white. Even the enimies that it was telling me to shoot were hard to see. You can can keep the white background but increase being able to see the objects.

An actual tutorial level of you waking up from cryosleep and being put through tests to determine if you are still as good as you once were would be better than what we have now. For example: You wake up from cryosleep to the Lotus talking to you. You are in a Tenno facility meant for training. You go through a parkour test, a combat test, and finally have to use your skills to get out. No hard to see enemies, no blinding white light, more sense has been made. *shot for suggesting something*

An actual tutorial level of you waking up from cryosleep and being put through tests to determine if you are still as good as you once were would be better than what we have now. For example: You wake up from cryosleep to the Lotus talking to you. You are in a Tenno facility meant for training. You go through a parkour test, a combat test, and finally have to use your skills to get out. No hard to see enemies, no blinding white light, more sense has been made. *shot for suggesting something*

I like it, personally. It'd be even cooler if you were breaking out of a Grineer facility though, it'd give killing the Grineer a story purpose, without needing to go through the lore.

I like it, personally. It'd be even cooler if you were breaking out of a Grineer facility though, it'd give killing the Grineer a story purpose, without needing to go through the lore.

That was another idea, the grineer found your cryopod and were studying you when you wake up and go through their research facility. Parkour sections included, as well as an introduction to stealth. PS. Why won't my enter key work while typing?

That was another idea, the grineer found your cryopod and were studying you when you wake up and go through their research facility. Parkour sections included, as well as an introduction to stealth. PS. Why won't my enter key work while typing?

I was thinking more of starting off as being a Grineer captive in cyrosleep, and Lotus using her remote hacking to break you out being the beginning. It's just so perfect for a tutorial, it'd be interesting and informative.

I was thinking more of starting off as being a Grineer captive in cyrosleep, and Lotus using her remote hacking to break you out being the beginning. It's just so perfect for a tutorial, it'd be interesting and informative.

That works too. WAY better than the blinding white nothingness that is the current tutorial, and it teaches you how to parkour. I've gotten to places faster by wall running than people can by using stairs. New addition: stairs instakill you, the walls are now your stairs.

I like both ideas, but it would be nice if the tutorial also introduced players to the mod fusion system. As it stands now, you may or may not have a chance of discovering the fact that you can level mods, as the game never even mentions it to you as you explore the menu's. I have to agree that the blinding white light of the current tutorial is annoying, as when the game introduces drops it is nearly impossible to see, as well as the enemies. A intro to the parkour would be nice as well. As it stands now, players truly are responsible entirely for teaching newer players how to wall run, how to get into ceiling air shafts, how to get past the green barricade lazers, along with a couple other things. It might save some time if the tutorial taught you how to do more than shoot people.

As a new player (less then a week), I also experianced exactly what you are talking about. Had to restart a mission 3 times because I did not know you could run up walls.

The waypoint took me into a room and the exit was into a vent on the roof. I am playing Excalibur, and thought maybe the Super Jump ability was required to go through. I did not yet have enough levels to have it fitted along with my other skills, so we quit the mission and took other mods off just incase the mission got me stuck again. It did, and I found that the Super Jump was not so super. It didn't even make it half the height required. Quit again.

3rd time we were very frustrated. Assumed it was a buggy random map generation since the game is still beta. At one point one of us accidently did a back flip off the wall, and then via trial and error figured out how you wall run and could progress the mission.

The other thing that we have been caught with is the fact a sabotage mission can trigger a timer. We were exploring along, killing everything, opening everything, when I finally noticed the count down in the corner. It had only 40 seconds on it by this point. First failed mission (other then the multiple quits above), just because it was not very well notified. All missions prior to this had followed the same pattern. Get to objective, then get to evac point. Take as long as you like. The introduction of a new mechanic needs to be much more visible for the first time.

We will never fall for it again, but that is an unnecessarily harsh way to teach a lesson on new players trying out a game.

Please... Please remove the god awful light... Please.

I tried to do my test to rank up and failed because all I could see was white blinding light with flickers of enemies that I could only see because my moved my crosshairs over them....

Just... I don't even care if it's a sim style room that's blue.. But for god sake.. Please remove the blinding light.

Edit: Forgot to mention... When you fail your test.. You have to wait 24 hours to retake it! :|

Edited by Ructo