The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Gae Bolg, The Warframe Of The Certain Kill (New Abilities)

jjpdn

Tenno do not always infiltrate and assassinate leaders before they can even get their armor on. They may be trained in the art, but hiding in the shadows are one of the fewest things ever done by these ninjas. So what do they do? They pierce head on, massacring waves and waves of enemy fodders and crush any resistance along their way. They don't just complete their objective. They terminate whole bases. End whole cities. Destroy whole legions. 

But there is only one that is a true master at, not crowd control, not tanking... but killing. The true weapon of the Lotus against all problems against the Tenno, Gae Bolg. 

Name: Gae Bolg, inspired by the Spear that Strikes with Death, a weapon with the same name.

Further Explanation of the name: 

Gae Bolg - the spear which never fails to pierce the enemy's heart.  Weapon of the Irish warrior and demigod Cu Chuliann from the era of the Ulster cycle, son of the god of light Lugh.

Appearance. Very skinny,tall and angular, with multiple spear like things sticking out. Default colors are all gray, and his energy is pure crimson red. 

Sadly, the pic right now is very 'Gae'. To EvariKitsune, DON'T WORRY, JUST THE TAIL LEFT.

Gae_Bolg.jpg

Stats: Average, with high speed.

Powers:

Two ideas for #1

impaling_spear.jpg

Impaling Spear (25 energy) (same as the one in #3 except less powerful:

Gae Bolg's left arm arms extends into a very long and deadly lance. He then charges forward at a decent speed, around 2.0 run (charge is steerable, though A and D keys just make him turn a bit to the left or right) and impales any enemy he encounters onto the spear (causes debuff on the enemy). Pressing a certain button during the charge or when the number of enemies impaled maxes out, will then stop this Warframe and make him stick the spear into the nearest surface. After a certain amount of time, the lance breaks and then the enemies are released. Spear does 100/200/300/350 direct damage on health, no matter how much armor, buff or shield an enemy has. Then, while a foe is impaled, the foe's armor is reduced by 5%, he is not able to use any weapons or ability and, of course, not able to move.

Point Form:

-arm turn into lance and charges forward with a speed of 2.0 run

-steerable using A and D or mouse

-does 100/200/300/350 direct damage on health, nothing will degrade it (not even shields).

-impaled enemies stay on the spear and get -5% armor and is immobile and can't do anything

-Gae Bolg stops charging when a certain button is pressed or the max number of enemies impaled is reached. Then, he sticks the spear on the ground.

-spear, when stuck in the ground, breaks after a duration of time

Stats are increased by Power Strength (damage increase and % of armor decrease for enemies), Power Duration (number of enemies impaled and time before spear breaks) and Power Efficiency. Power Range has no effect.

heat_sword_on_spear.jpg

Spear Mastery (25 energy):

Gae Bolg's melee weapon is suddenly attached on a long steel pole. Using his years of experience with spears, he is able to use it with efficiency comparable to a God, increasing his damage by 30% and his range by 6 meters. Sadly, his pole does not last long as it is only made with the most common of iron working materials, iron (hit based). Has also a small (like 1-5%) chance of instant kill. If he has a dual weapon, then its Dual Spears!

Point form:

-melee range increase

-melee damage increase by 30%

-1-5% of instant kill

-after a certain number of hits, ability stops

Stats are increased by Power Range (melee range increase), Power Strength (melee damage increase and instant kill percentage), Power Duration (number of hits before breaking) and Power Efficiency.

One idea for #2

Javelin that Pierces the Heart with Certainty (50 energy):

This Warframe is able to launch a javelin over a vast distance with pin-point accuracy and heart felt force. Deals a major amount of piercing and slash damage equaling to a percentage of the targeted enemy's health. This percentage cannot be higher than 70%. Don't have to aim, will target closest enemy to cursor thing. Chance of instant killing. If instant kill is activated, then spear will kill before it even hits.

Point Form:

-throws javelin

-does an amount of piercing and slash damage equaling to a percentage of targeted enemy's health (not shields). 

-percentage cannot be higher than 70%

-homing to the nearest enemy to your cursor, not the closest to you

-chance of instant kill (killed by javelin damage does not count)

-if instant kill, then spear kills before spear hits

Stats are increased by Power Range (range of throw increase), Power Strength (damage increase and instant kill percentage) and Power Efficiency. Power Duration has no effect.

Three ideas for ability #3

Spear of Barbaric Impalement (75 energy):

Turning normal Warframe energy into a mysterious energy no one seems to understand except him, this Warframe is able to charge and recreate the legendary cursed spear, Gae Bolg, the one he is named after, using projection. It replaces his melee weapon for a short time. The spear does 500/700/900/1100 piercing damage or 50% enemy health, whichever is higher (multi-hit), and, when charged (NOT ENERGY CHANNELING), has a big chance to instant kill (though, by charging, it only targets one enemy). The instant killing chance is decreased by enemy level, though not by too much. Can't be decreased to beneath 30%.

Point Form:

-Warframe creates a spear that replaces his melee weapon for a shot time

-does 500/700/900/1100 piercing or 50% enemy health, whichever is higher

-max of 5 targets in a straight line.

-when charged (NOT ENERGY CHANNELING), has a high chance to instant kill (max target of 1)

-the chance of instant killing is decreased by enemy level, though not by much

-chance of instant killing cannot go under a certain percentage

Stats are increased by Power Duration (increase spear duration), Power Strength (damage increase, % of enemy health damage increase and instant kill percentage) and Power Efficiency. Power Range has no positive effect.

Impaling Spear (75 energy) (same as the one in #1, except better damage and etc):

Gae Bolg's left arm arms extends into a very long and deadly lance. He then charges forward at a decent speed, around 2.0 run (charge is steerable, though A and D keys just make him turn a bit to the left or right) and impales any enemy he encounters onto the spear (causes debuff on the enemy). Pressing a certain button during the charge or when the number of enemies impaled maxes out, will then stop this Warframe and make him stick the spear into the nearest surface. After a certain amount of time, the lance breaks and then the enemies are released. Spear does 400/450/500/600 direct damage on health, no matter how much armor, buff or shield an enemy has. Then, while a foe is impaled, the foe's armor is reduced by 30%, he is not able to use any weapons or ability and, of course, not able to move.

Stats are increased by Power Duration (increase time before spear breaks and max number of enemy impaled), Power Strength (damage increase and armor decrease) and Power Efficiency. Power Range has no effect.

Weakening Strike (75 energy):

With precise aim, Gae Bolg can hit an enemy at a point so that the target's nervous system and reaction time is disrupted. This includes enemy weapon damage, DPS, ability damage and moving speed. Still does a small amount of damage. 

Ex: 90% damage decrease, 50% slow down, and does 400/500/600/700 damage.

Two Ideas for ult:

Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death (100 energy):

This Warframe charges forward then turns into a storm of steel. The millions of blades shoots out and slashes enemies into a thousand pieces, dealing 900/1000/1100/1200/1300 piercing and 100/200/300/400 slash damage in a VERY TIGHT (around 30 degrees) cone shaped area in front of him. Weakening proc and a certain percentage of instant death (around 1% to 2% or so), decreased by enemy level, is also applied to every foe hit. Warframe reforms at the end of ability range.

Stats are improved by Power Range (increase cone distance), Power Strength (increase damage and instant death chance), Power Efficiency. Power Duration has no positive effect on this ability,

Spear of Piercing Death (100 energy):

His armor plates rearrange to turn himself into a weapon. Any teammate can then pick him up and use him as a melee weapon. In his weapon form, he deals a high amount of puncture damage (like around 700-1500) or 30% of the target's total hit points (shields and health), whichever that is more and has also a huge range for a melee weapon. Plus, it has a charge attack (it takes some time, but you can at least walk at a snail's pace while charging). When charged, instead of throwing the weapon, Gae Bolg is able to launch himself and his wielder forward, damaging any enemy in its way. Each enemy he hits has a chance of instant death, decreasing (but not by much) as the enemy's levels increase or enemy type change (Ex (only an example): Basic Grineer  Level 1 has 90% chance of instant death, level 30 would have 60%, while Napalms may only have only 70% chance at level 1; Cannot be lower than 10%). Time based, not hit based.

EDIT: This Warframe can decrease charge time when friendly is charging him by pressing a certain combo.

Important: All bosses are immune to instant deaths, and will only be dealt extra damage.

If the numbers in any ability is too overpowered or not high enough, please say what would be normal and not just saying 'Oh, its sucks' or 'Oh, its too OP'.

Edited by jjpdn

"Tenno are not stealthy!"

Yet Loki and Ash exist.

For seriousness though the name, seeing as he's based off of spear/pointy-stick abilities, try a name like 'Gungnir' er somethin'.

And the last ability is extremely original and would be cool and comical to watch/use.

Ability #1: looks good ( I would love to see this with dual zoren with maxed fury mod.)

Ability #2: great but needs a shorter name.

Ability #3: needs a buff because it can only target one enemy for 75 energy. Have lower energy cost or give it a buff.

Ability #4: having him turn into a weapon require other players. People that prefer solo will have no use with this ability. Unread have the super weapon grow from him.

Theme doesn't really feel like it fits in with Warframe's non-existent lore.

Ability wise -

1. A melee add on. Sounds like something fun to throw in with melee 2.0. How is this gonna interact with dual blades? Is it time based or hit based?

2. Either its gonna need to throw out several projectiles (like Ash shuriken / Nova) Or have innate punch through to justify it's cost along with free aiming.

3. Nope. Better off doing some sort of aoe weaken ability, otherwise this is gonna be thrown to the curb.

4. Yeah . . Not even sure how DE is gonna put that on. Also really gonna break up the pace of the game for some guy to go pick you up unless you have a dedicated team mate to do this with you. Overall, an interesting but impractical concept. Perhaps an aura that buffs your team's melee damage / damage resistance instead?

"Tenno are not stealthy!"

Yet Loki and Ash exist.

For seriousness though the name, seeing as he's based off of spear/pointy-stick abilities, try a name like 'Gungnir' er somethin'.

And the last ability is extremely original and would be cool and comical to watch/use.

Gae Bolg is actually a well fitting name.

Gae Bolg - the spear which never fails to pierce the enemy's heart.  Weapon of the Irish warrior and demigod Cu Chuliann from the era of the Ulster cycle, son of the god of light Lugh.

Edited by Evariskitsune

Theme doesn't really feel like it fits in with Warframe's non-existent lore.

Ability wise -

1. A melee add on. Sounds like something fun to throw in with melee 2.0. How is this gonna interact with dual blades? Is it time based or hit based?

2. Either its gonna need to throw out several projectiles (like Ash shuriken / Nova) Or have innate punch through to justify it's cost along with free aiming.

3. Nope. Better off doing some sort of aoe weaken ability, otherwise this is gonna be thrown to the curb.

4. Yeah . . Not even sure how DE is gonna put that on. Also really gonna break up the pace of the game for some guy to go pick you up unless you have a dedicated team mate to do this with you. Overall, an interesting but impractical concept. Perhaps an aura that buffs your team's melee damage / damage resistance instead?

...that would be against the theme.

This is a Warframe that has a chance of instant kills. Not to buff people or AOE too much (other than his last power). 2 is for extremely resilent Napalms. 1. Its sort of like "Hey, I got a stick and a sword. What happens if I combine them???? Wow, a spear! Just what warframe doesnt have!" Plus, Dual Blades will turn into DOUBLE SPEARS, WOW. And sorry, I didnt clarify the duration. Ill add that.

...did you ever finish a mission with full stealth before Rescue 2.0? :)

Many times myself, I need to say myself.  With and without Ash or Loki. 

Also no comments by anyone on my actually knowing the weapon?  Either everyone is well informed or people aren't speaking up about it :p

Edited by Evariskitsune

I have, pleanty of times in fact. Just because you haven't doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Really? Then why does every team I'm on NEVER goes on stealth and if I ask, they say 'f*** you'?

But I'm not really a veteran, just been playing  for a year, so... 

Maybe you're special, or I'm special. :0

Many times myself, I need to say myself.  With and without Ash or Loki. 

Also no comments by anyone on my actually knowing the weapon?  Either everyone is well informed or people aren't speaking up about it :p

Looks like I'm the special one... *goes into a corner and cries*  

Edited by jjpdn

Really? Then why does every team I'm on NEVER goes on stealth and if I ask, they say 'f*** you'?

One of the last missions I did was an Earth exterm, full stealth. The night cycle added to the amazing atmosphere.

Edited by EDeN153

Both myself and most people I know who do stealth runs only do it in solo play since pubbies tend to ruin any chance at stealth working.  So that might be part of why your teams don't run stealth.

Edited by Evariskitsune

Gae Bolg is actually a well fitting name.

I commented now!

Both myself and most people I know who do stealth runs only do it in solo play since pubbies tend to ruin any chance at stealth working.  So that might be part of why your teams don't run stealth.

One of the last missions I did was an Earth exterm, full stealth. The night cycle added to the amazing atmosphere.

Ah, I see. Sorry, then. I'll change it a bit.

It's neither of those things, the game needs a rework to do so plus stealth requires patience that you will -not- find in a pub and if you do it is rare.

I commented now!

Nothing added, no comments on the topic at hand, going into detail on the namesake, maybe talking about some of it's modern popular appearances such as in the Fate series from Type-Moon, anything?   As it is it's a very dull comment. 

Cool name i want to see art.

Art. From me? ....well, I'm still doing the Vixen drawing for Evarikistune

Really? But, still, why is '#$$' a sort of... i dont know... negative adjective anyways? I know they don't contribute (much, if they dont adopt) to the continuation of our specie... but really? No offense.

Nothing added, no comments on the topic at hand, going into detail on the namesake, maybe talking about some of it's modern popular appearances such as in the Fate series from Type-Moon, anything?   As it is it's a very dull comment. 

*sigh* Where people's sense of humor these days... 

And I actually never player/watched the Fate series... thats why I said 'heard it in passing'. Ill search it up.

Edited by jjpdn

...that would be against the theme.

This is a Warframe that has a chance of instant kills. Not to buff people or AOE too much (other than his last power). 2 is for extremely resilent Napalms. 1. Its sort of like "Hey, I got a stick and a sword. What happens if I combine them???? Wow, a spear! Just what warframe doesnt have!" Plus, Dual Blades will turn into DOUBLE SPEARS, WOW. And sorry, I didnt clarify the duration. Ill add that.

The only extremely resilient napalm your gonna find is when your facing 20 minutes of survival on some of the higher level planets. At which point you will be swamped by 50 of the stupid mofos.

The power creep of many other Frame's power / Weapons make it far more economical to just shoot the guy than use it. It's also not free aim, so you might hit a roller that's right next to you.

You didn't say anything about your 3/4 much.

If you really want the insta kill thing though, along with the above explanation, you should change your 4 to something like Valkyr style, or imbue an insta kill chance / kill counter sort of thing onto the weapons instead. Whatever it is, the current ability falls under -Interesting, but impractical-.

Of course, you could just say that it activates and it attaches to one of your team mates automatically. Large trolling potential though, and again breaks up the flow of Warframe.

Do you want to use an ability that has you watch the screen for 10-15 seconds of someone else fighting?

Edited by RespectTheInternet

The only extremely resilient napalm your gonna find is when your facing 20 minutes of survival on some of the higher level planets. The power creep of many other Frame's power / Weapons make it far more economical to just shoot the guy than use it. It's also not free aim, so you might hit a roller that's right next to you.

You didn't say anything about your 3/4 much.

If you really want the insta kill thing though, along with the above explanation, you should change your 4 to something like Valkyr style, or imbue an insta kill chance / kill counter sort of thing onto the weapons instead. Whatever it is, the current ability falls under -Interesting, but impractical-.

Of course, you could just say that it activates and it attaches to one of your team mates automatically. Large trolling potential though, and again breaks up the flow of Warframe.

Do you want to use an ability that has you watch the screen for 10-15 seconds of someone else fighting?

1. Thats the point. Higher leveled Napalms, I HATE THEM. IT IS MY PASSION TO MURDER THEM IN COLD BLOOOODDDD!!!!

2. Hm.. it will probably boring, but THINK OF NYX'S ABSORB. FOR THE GREATER GOOD, I SAY!

3. Nope, denied :) I like it this way, but good idea. Maybe stick it on a Warframe Concept that you willl make?

Edited by jjpdn

And I actually never player/watched the Fate series... thats why I said 'heard it in passing'. Ill search it up.

It's not from that game / light novel/  anime series though originally.  Keep that in mind.

It's an actual weapon from mythology - and is included in part of the Mabinogion.   (the collection of celtic, irish, an welsh legends which the game Mabinogi is based on) 

Art. From me? ....well, I'm still doing the Vixen drawing for Evarikistune

Really? But, still, why is '#$$' a sort of... i dont know... negative adjective anyways? I know they don't contribute (much, if they dont adopt) to the continuation of our specie... but really? No offense.

I swear I only meant it in a comedic sense, I did not mean to offend. I have NO problems with homosexual people, in fact a good portion of my best friends are. I myself am asexual. I meant that picture as just a joke I promise.