The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Does One Murder A Corphish?

Jeerome0406

I mean Corpus, I had meant Corpus.

Hey you guys who scour the forums for things to consume and what not, it's me Jeerome0406 back with another How does one murder?

Today is the long awaited one, Corpus.

So this post will be broken down into multiple sections because alike the Grineer, Corpus are complex and have different values of 'health'. But we'll get into that later.

First off, we gotta bring back our buddies. True Health and True Shield.

True Health = ((Level Difference)2 * 0.015 * Base Health) + Base Health

True Shield = ((Level Difference)2 * 0.0075 * Base Shield) + Base Shield

Where Level difference is just the level they are at, minus the level they spawn at. IE, Tech spawns at 15 so a level 20 Tech would have a 5 for his level difference.

Alright so we'll look at the values for surface bonuses and resistances.

Shield refers to all regular shielded enemies in the Corpus army. Impact, Cold and Magnetic give bonuses, while puncture and radiation get resisted.

Flesh refers to all humanoid members of the Alliance of Greedy Milk. Slash, Toxic and Viral hurts the most, whilst impact and gas do the least.

Proto Shield is a shield type given to the elites of the Corpus forces. The Stalker himself even has one, O_O Proto shields are hurt mostly by Impact, Toxic for some reason, and magnetic again. Heat and corrosive are resisted.

And Robotic is the material used by every mechanized Proxy the Corpus control. Puncture, electricity and radiation hurt them while slash and toxic do little to no good.

But you know of all of this right? You've been the wiki at one point and seen the damage charts. Why the hell am I retelling this to you?

Because other than the Grineer, the system in place for Corpus is a butt to mathematically calculate at times. Some bonuses overlap, some don't. Sometimes you cross over a bonus/resistance and sometimes you don't.

It gets messy.

doorbell I wonder who that could be?

Oh its our buddies! MK1 Braton and a Lato!

Nice to see you both again~

Mr. MK1 Braton is kitted out with Max damage, and magnetic elemental, while Lato has max damage with two helpings of toxic!

I'm using these two to explain how the numbers are calculated before I start saying, "This/that combo is better!"

So let's get to the math.

http://imgur.com/f5Rz0cL

11 Impact

18.3 Puncture

43.8 Slash

131.4 Magnetic

Your first target is a level 5 Corpus Crewman.

So since the corpus has shields before health, let's calculate the amount of shields he has, and how much he'll take from this.

((5-1)2 * 0.0075 * 150) + 150 = 168 Shield.

11 * (1 + 0.5) = 16.5

18.3 * (1 - 0.15) = 15.555

43.8 * 1 = 43.8

131.4 * (1 + 0.75) = 229.95

All together you get 305.805 damage. Which is far more than that weak guy's shield.

SO, we subtract 168 by our 305.8 and we get 137.8 as a remainder of the damage.

So we just inflict that damage to his health and call it a day right?

Nope.

You see, when you supersede a Corpus's shield, the damage left over from that final shot will have to be converted into the bonuses or resistances of their health type.

So in this instance, each of those components needs to be converted by a new resistance.

And yes I mean EACH. Which means, you have to use the same percentages on damage you have for each component to tell what that base damage is made out of, and THEN multiply it by a new multiplier.

So we have 137.8 as a remainder out of our 305.8.

(16.5 / 305.8) * 137.8 = 7.44

(15.555 / 305.8) * 137.8 = 7.01

(43.8 / 305.8) * 137.8 = 19.74

(229.95 / 305.8) * 137.8 = 103.62

Now with these new numbers, we multiply each one with the new multiplier for health divided by the old multiplier for shields.

7.44 * (1 - 0.25)/(1 + 0.5) = 3.72

7.01 * (1)/(1 - 0.15) = 8.25

19.74 * (1 + 0.25)/(1) = 24.68

103.62 * (1)/(1 + 0.75) = 59.21

NOW, WE FINALLY ADD THESE TOGETHER.

WE GET 95.86. WHICH ROUNDED DOWN IS 95.

http://imgur.com/A8uDN97

THANK THE GODS.

The dude's health was:

((5-1)2 * 0.015 * 60) + 60 = 74.4

74.4 - 95 = MONSTERKILL

sigh You see why I said it would be an interesting one?

Okay well prepare your minds because... I'm just getting started.

To be continued....