The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Stats And Abilities

Toxinkiller

So here is a warframe who is a tank and has freezing abilities, but why is RP faster than FP? Than Frost needs to have more armor so here are his changed stats and abilities:

Health: 100

Shields : 200( or 150)

Amor: 450

Power: 100

Speed : 0.9

Now for Frost prime

Health: 100

Shields 200( or 150)

Amor: 500

Power: 100

Speed: 0.9

Abilities(Buff):

Freeze: large aoe, leave a trail of ice, has ice at floors corners like ice tileset, 100% make shields to zero and dealt health damage by 35%/40%/45%/50% and duration 6s/9s/12s/15s

Ice path: Frost will create a path, to get to the other side, up or down or get out of any situation, it can be use when on land and air. If enimies step into the icey path, they will be slow down or get ragdoll, it will buff allies with ice damage. Press 2 you can use ice path and the path will dissapear at 20s, if use in front of enimies they will deal 350/400/450 impact damage and ice.

Snowglobe: Read my post " Frost the one that needs improvement" I'm too lazy to write

Avalache: Also the same Read my post tile on top^

This is just a warframe idea and making Frost stats balanced not for abilities,the abilities are just buff ideas. So please Don't comment rudely or insulting one another. If you got any ideas please comment, what do you guys think?

While I agree that Frost needs a buff as a "tank", no one recognizes him as a tank.

Because unlike Rhino, Frost doesn't have an invincibility mechanic (Hek, even Valkyr is a tank by that logic, but she's described as a "berserker", not a tank.)

So really, what thread of logic are we following here? Not a clue.

Why compare Rhino Prime to Frost? They are different in every way. Frost is more akin to Ember

Frost isn't a tank. He's a defensive spell caster as defined by his abilities. 

Freeze

The ice version of Ember's Fireball. Deals decent ice damage, and has 100% cold proc. Great for slowing down, single tough units.

Ice Wave

Aoe spell focused on pure damage. Deals cold damage. 100% status chance. If the targets do not die, it will be slowed down.

Snow Globe

A globe with 100% status chance vs anything that passes through it. Excellent for defending fixed/immobile objectives, down team mates, or self. Single casts scale somewhat poorly at high levels. However, it can be spammed, stacking innumerable layers of globes.

Avalanche

Massive damage, aoe spell, again with 100% status chance. If it isn't killed, it will be slowed down.

All of his spells can be spammed. They have fast cast speed, and very short cool down.

Save for one, all of Frost's spells focus on damage and slow procs. Since, dealing massive damage and slowing down targets is his specialty, notwithstanding snowglobe.

He does not need outstanding armor values or speed. He makes up for all that by reducing the fire rate and mobility of his targets. Yet, his armor value is tied for second best. However, armor is by and large meaningless in warframe unless you mod for it to reach super high value and a way to regenerate health. This sort of setup completely cripples Frost as a caster and turns him into an average tank, since Rhino, Valkyr and Trinity are all better .

Frost is the type of spell caster who takes his time and let his targets come at him, instead of running around dodging, or sniping from a corner. He stands inside his globe in the middle of a room, and rains cold spells upon his targets with devastating effect.

However, a good Frost build does not need snow globe (which could use a buff to be relevant again), and is a lot more effective modded for pure damage/status spell casting.

Edited by HansJurgen

I hope you don't mind me copy-pasting my rework here as well.

1: Flash Freeze (25 EN)
Damage: 100/150/200/250 (Cold)
Effect: Fires a high-speed exploding projectile. All targets within a 5/6/7/8m radius are frozen for 6/7/8/9 seconds until 30/35/40/45% damage is dealt to their health. Explodes on impact. After the damage has been dealt, targets are still slowed 30% for 3 seconds afterward.

2: Ice Wave (35 EN)
Damage: 300/450/600/750 (Cold)
Effect: Launches Ice Wave and leaves a lingering slow effect barrier of ice crystals that slows targets 30/35/40/45% that lasts for 3/4/5/6 seconds. 100% Proc Rate

Ice crystals shrink over time.

3: Snow Globe (50 EN)

Fine as is now.

4: Avalanche (100 EN)
Damage: 1500 (Cold)
Effect: Frost launches a massive rolling avalanche forward that accumulates mass with the number of enemies affected. Enemies pushed by the avalanche freeze. Frozen enemies that collide with level geometry take additional damage and are slowed for the duration.

If cast in the air, Frost will ride the Avalanche forward and steer it by aiming.