Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod System - Meant To Be Uniform Useless Or To Have An Actual Use?

Aerensiniac

So. Im not going to duck around this question, i will fair simply point out that this is about the recent changes with passive health/shield/energy buffs and difficulty.

After reading some of the moderator/tenno responses on the subject, it seems that some people are thinking that mods are meant to be uniform and equally useless in order to protect the "10 slot system" which logic literally blows my mind.

Who on earth would come up with a solution to a problem that involves the destruction of the subject?

Im asking this because this is exactly what is happening right now. We had to passive buff health/shield/energy so the mod cards involving these stats become less effective and useful. What...?

No i just seriously cant understand this logic.

Some mod cards will be allways better than others, merely because there is diversity amongst them. You cant compare Flow to Enemy radar.

Exactly because of this. Any attempts made for Flow to have an equal value to Enemy radar will screw up the entire point, use and meaning of the mod system.

The main point of a mod system should be to enhance the user's play style. NOT to become some sort of cosmetical crap that has no meaning to it.

Example: Garm is a sword perfectly suited for charge attacks. It has minor base damage, but huge charge damage. Naturally this means that charge adjustment cards are a must have for it. Why would you want to ruin this, by for instance changing all weapons to have the exact same stats (like you did buff ALL warframe stats to insanity)?

If i want to play a quick weapon, then i wont create a garm or any of the heavy weapons. I will then proceed to mod the weapon of my choice to fit my play style.

One of the argument named was that a 10 slot mod system should have 10 slots with equal value, where no "must have" mods exist.

This i find to be completely fallacious.

Warframes come with base stats. For instance Rhino has 150 armor and ember has 10. Naturally i will not put Steel Fiber on ember in order to increase its armorrating to 21 points at level 14 (110%) of the mod. So what could be a "must have" mod for a rhino, is a completely and utterly bad choice for ember.

Conclusion: There already was balance and "must have" mods were subject to loadout and playstyle.

Everything was fine pre passive buffs. I dont know who and why came up with this idea, but i do think that he was completely and utterly wrong on this note.

He destroyed not only team work, difficulty, overall replay value, game immersion, but managed to thwart the entire mod system as well.

Please take note: I can speak only for myself, but i do not need any developer, moderator, founder to hold my hands while i create a build that resembles my playstyle.

Any attempts at dragging all mods down to have an equal value and optionality, will result in the destruction of the mod system, due to the fact that it will lose its point.

Edited by Aerensiniac

but frame dont have same stats :/

even with the boost hp+power+energy (you l see how usefull it is later)

Maybe if they could gave us each char stats visible (stamina,speed,critik rate,recovery everything)

it would help to see the diferense with ease

Edited by Tsoe

but frame dont have same stats :/

even with the boost hp+power+energy (you l see how usefull it is later)

Maybe if they could gave us each char stats visible (stamina,speed,critik rate,recovery everything)

it would help to see the diferense with ease

There are stats shown on http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Frost for instance (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Frost_%28Warframe%29): Health 100.0 Power 100.0 Armor 150.0 Shield Capacity 150.0 Shield Recharge 22.5 Sprint Speed 1.05

This issue seems to bug you greatly.

Mods are subject to each person playstyle. You may find armor mod as 'could be a must have' for Rhino but I don't really see the point of armor mod on Rhino. However, I largely ignore armor mod and put flow/continuity for Rhino. Even enemy radar is useful on solo run. You can avoid rushing into a room filled with Grineer with Enemy radar. Frame customization is more varied depends on newer set of mods which will be released in the future.

I still agree with buffing passive in 7.6 while many players and I agree that enemy damage buff is heavy-handed in7.7, especially solo. However, mod system still stands as a good customization system compared to update6 skill tree. It's largely depends on the player to see the purpose of each mod.

However, weapon customization is different from frame due to their simplistic nature. DPS/OHK ability are two things you want from weapon and customization is going toward these two goals.

However, going so far as complaining that this update destroy teamwork is overreacting. Teamplay seems to be unaffected by 7.7. Most 4-man mission are a bit more difficult and players seem to stick with the team. Solo is heavily affected by 7.7 due to bad difficulty scaling. I'm sure you will disagree with me but it seems that you're overly upset with this patch.

Mods are subject to each person playstyle. You may find armor mod as 'could be a must have' for Rhino but I don't really see the point of armor mod on Rhino. However, I largely ignore armor mod and put flow/continuity for Rhino. Even enemy radar is useful on solo run. You can avoid rushing into a room filled with Grineer with Enemy radar. Frame customization is more varied depends on newer set of mods which will be released in the future.
I do not see your point.

I never claimed that there are no other mod builds for rhino, i just pointed out that players will be a hundred thousand times more likely to put armor on a rhino, than on an ember.

Conclusively, there already is subclass balance to mods and the claim that the "must get mods" destroy the 10 slot mod system is fallacious.

To begin with, its a 6 slot mod system cause 4 slots are penalized for non skill mods.

TL;DR the 10 slot system needs no protection from mods. People used pre 7.7 what they wanted to, the same way they did after.

The idea of uniformizing warframes and/or mods/weapons just so every mod becomes next to completely obsolete and with that "optional" is a deranged idea at best.

I still agree with buffing passive in 7.6 while many players and I agree that enemy damage buff is heavy-handed in7.7, especially solo. However, mod system still stands as a good customization system compared to update6 skill tree. It's largely depends on the player to see the purpose of each mod.
You are entitled to your opinion, and i am entitled to mine.

I find it ridiculous that in an mmo, stuff gets changed around so you could solo missions. Everyone else gets to enjoy a -75% difficulty setting where it takes the combined power of 5-10 mobs to make a dent in your shield.

How about no?

You could have just as easily asked to give these passive buffs onto solo mode exclusive. That way it wouldnt have interfered with other people's game play.

However, weapon customization is different from frame due to their simplistic nature. DPS/OHK ability are two things you want from weapon and customization is going toward these two goals.

However, going so far as complaining that this update destroy teamwork is overreacting. Teamplay seems to be unaffected by 7.7. Most 4-man mission are a bit more difficult and players seem to stick with the team. Solo is heavily affected by 7.7 due to bad difficulty scaling. I'm sure you will disagree with me but it seems that you're overly upset with this patch.

Not 7.7 but 7.6 that was the patch that overpowered warframes.

Also: please understand the ridiculous notion of buffing up waframes to then buff the mobs after them.

7.7 has made 7.6 obsolete. We buffed warframes and now we had to buff up enemies so they pose a challenge to the warframes, turning both changes completely obsolete and a needless mess for everyone and everything involved.

Edited by Aerensiniac