The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Post U13] Performance Is Still Not A Constant 60Fps

JustaCreation

I still get framerate drops and no, not lag spikes. I hope this will be a work in progress. Still no where near perfect or where it needs to be.

The new tileset locations, star chart, and especially the void, are no where near 60fps. The performance update was way over hyped.

[Edit] After giving it some time, I have began to see the improvement everyone has been talking about. Although not the best it could be, it is an improvement. I hope to see more performance updates in the future.

Edited by JustaCreation

I felt absolutely huge improvement-- was probably not ideal while everyone was downloading the patch-- i meen i had no visual drop in framerate period i. 3-4 hours of playing.

Edit: not even infamous 2nd son runs at a constant 60 fps

Edited by Crackle2012

The performance improvements were never really hyped to begin with (unless you were hyping yourself, in which at that point it's your fault) but they did stress improving it with concurrent updates. I'll say that it's improved a bit over the last update for sure. Not every game will run at exactly 60fps, so expecting that of them is a bit much. Instead, what I'd expect is consistency. Rather that up and down dipping, keeping everything consistent would be nice. But yeah, this is definitely an improvement over what it was before, granted I haven't tried the void yet. But I was having fps problems outside the void. Now? It's a bit smoother. There were some instances where the fps would take a sharp turn rather than gradually decrease, but it wasn't often. That's also after being on all day since the update released.

Compare to how it was, it's working GREAT! Did an hour 15 minute run on Palus, and the frames NEVER dropped much below 30. It was smooth, and much better than the sub 15fps game we had to deal with. 

You expect perfection? Not in this business. All you can hope for is a playable game, that runs decent enough, and that you enjoy.

I haven't been playing WF as much as I used to. The time between updates is a huge turn off. The times I have played, I didn't crash a single time. Voids run smooth. Tilesets that gave trouble are optimized. There's some annoying bugs still present, like for no reason at all, the controller would stop responding on the menu. 

• 2 weeks later...