Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Newbies

Nobsi

Question

This "Thread" goes to all of you who just started to play this wonderful Game

- Before you start to play. make sure you visit the Tutorial, dont just skip it, it teaches you the basics of the game.

Trust me you will need it.

- Please try to help yourself before asking Questions in general.

Many questions can be answered by trying different things.

- If u have some Problems with your friends list or anything else, or you have some questions.

Please visit the Players helping Players Part of this Forum, DONT ask all your questions in the Chat.

Its not that we dont want to help, but every day new Players join the Regional chat and ask questions like:"How do i choose my Pistol?" or "How do i start a Mission".

Its annoying.... F***ing annying!

- Please use the "Search" function before you ask anything in this Forum.

Maybe another Person already asked the same thing.

You'll find answers much faster that way.

- Please "tag" mods (the shiny things).

You do that using (default) your "g" key when looking at a mod.

Not tagging them will not help you and it wont help your team-mates.

- If u want to know where which materials drop, which stats/abilities enemies have or anything else like that, visit the Warframe-wikia - http://warframe.wiki...i/WARFRAME_Wiki

- Dont advertise your new Clan in the Regional chat.

We have a sub-Forum for that. Its called Find a Squad!

- And please... please.

Dont join into a Game just to run to the exit and "win" the Mission.

Thats called rushing and nobody likes Rushers.

If u want to get to a Planet Boss in the fastest way do it in the Single Play Mode.

I am Nobsi and im pretty bad in writing Forum Posts (especially in english). Thank you very much.

Edited by Nobsi

25 answers to this question

You forgot:

- Use the damned search function on the forum before making the same topic that other 500 newbies did.

- Use the warframe wikia if you want to read about stats or where and what drops: http://warframe.wiki...i/WARFRAME_Wiki

- Play more than an hour/a day before saying that the game is stupid/too restricting or before making stupid suggestions.

Edited by Kohira

Some think they don't need to check the forums to learn anything they don't know about a game in beta.

Yeah you may be right with that, but i hope that at least a few people will see that post.

Add -

-Dont bring stupid weapons to a boss fight.

Seriously, I played the boss on earth, vay hek, earlier and I had 3 random onliners with me all with the paris bow..... At the end of the match it showed I did 80% of all damage that game. What was the point in them using the paris if they are not getting any damage for xp...... Mind boggling if you ask me lol.

I may be new around here but even I know not to be too stupid :p

Add -

-Dont bring stupid weapons to a boss fight.

I wont add that, its kinda annoying but i want to "help", i dont want to tell them how they should play.

Also the Paris does dmg if its charged...

The tutorial doesn't teach you all the basics. Such as wall climbing that vent and camera lasers.

But the tutorial tells you how to play in general.

I saw so many people asking "how do i start a mission" or "how do i choose my Pistol"

^ Thats what the Tutorial teches you...

Edited by Nobsi

2nd.

If u have some Problems with your friends list or anything else, or you have some questions.

Please visit the Players helping Players Part of this Forum, DONT ask all your questions in the Chat.

Its not that we dont want to help, but every day new Players join the Regional chat and ask questions like:"How do i choose my Pistol?" or "How do i start a Mission".

3rd.

Please use the "Search" function before you ask anything in this Forum.

Maybe another Person already asked the same thing.

You'll find answers much faster that way.

5th.

If u want to know where which materials drop, which stats/abilities enemies have or anything else like that, visit the Warframe-wikia - http://warframe.wiki...i/WARFRAME_Wiki

I am Nobsi and im pretty bad in writing Forum Posts (especially in english). Thank you very much.

You forgot:

- Use the damned search function on the forum before making the same topic that other 500 newbies did.

- Use the warframe wikia if you want to read about stats or where and what drops: http://warframe.wiki...i/WARFRAME_Wiki

- Play more than an hour/a day before saying that the game is stupid/too restricting or before making stupid suggestions.

I love you both. So. So. Very. Much. I practically live in PhP when I visit the forums and these happen way too often. Assuming either of you have seen my posts just because. And occasionally go on answer-questions sprees on Region. It's kind of.. I hate everyone just a little bit now. Little bit.

Adding on:

-Don't expect other more experienced players to hold your hand, try to learn from them.

-Please try to help yourself before actually asking a question in general, this includes

-Checking out the Wiki, experimenting with your own weapons (sick of "wat best weapon????")

-Abilities; how a Warframe plays (also sick of "rhino vs frost which better?" or "best stealth suit????").

-Arguably most importantly, if you're going to give a fellow newbie some advice, please for the love of all that is great and glorious make sure your information is actually correct; your opinion =/= fact.

-Please look at the sticky to fusing mods. and it's not even that hard to figure out that fusing together a mod makes the other disappear holy balls

Not all of those are really relevent, but these are just things I've noticed.. a little bit too often.

Edited by WupwupTCR

haha, nope.

You do realize that if you're the only one who makes it to Extraction you are the only one getting the end rewards right? They others don't get the credits and I believe they don't get the full EXP they would have gotten compared to making it there. Don't be a jerk to your squadmates, and if you're gonna rush at least have the decency to kill things on the way and wait for your team before starting the countdown.

it makes the community as a whole look... bad.

So you think having a chat that gets spammed with "how do i play" shows those players a good community?

A good community would exist if those people would try something before they write their Question in the chat...

Yes im overreacting... but im overreacting nearly anytime...

This "Thread" goes to all of you who just started to play this wonderful Game

Before you start to play. make sure you visit the tutorial, dont just skip it, it teaches you the basics of the game.

Trust me you will need it.

2nd.

If u have some Problems with your friends list or anything else, or you have some questions.

The tutorial was buggy....I shoot and reloaded before the tutorial told me to...so I had to skip to start the game... cause when u shoot reload BEFORE the tutorial tells u...it gets stuck..

And about the people asking stuff in the chat, come on! lots of us new players that recently learned how to play are willing to help new players with questions...theres coming new players all the time, so if its fxxxing annoying to you perhaps you should not be in the chat until the devs puts up a help/FAQ ingame so you can learn it instead of being in a forum... the regular gamer DONT join forums ( or visits them) even if you tell them to.

Its just a fact... But anyhow good FAQ for new players except this. :)

cheers!

I have forumphobia D: and I also skipped the tutorial. I didn't ask a lot of questions though and spend a fair amount of time answering others now that I know up from down in the game.

Still posts like these are a little unessecary. I mean besides asking questions what else is chat good for? role playing? furry talk? haha

Well... i never expected to see so much "positive" feedback.

I created this as a "stealthie"-approaching whine thread...

Seems like i cant stop adding stuff now.

Thank you all for the feedback, i'm going to keep this up-to-date.

Stop trying to be a special snowflake. :o)

I can just disagree with you.

I know a lot of On-line games where people don't spam in the chat and ask the easiest questions.

Also, being a special snowflake can be good too... that could be a good advertise that the community is enough "grown-up" to not ask such questions.