The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frame Rate Drop In Specific Situations.

ProxyReiv

Hi everyone, im pretty new to the game (1 week) and i dont know if is a problem of my hardware or a general problem but in (mostly) survival mode and infected defend mode i got some frame drops to 55-60 to 30-35, in long duration matches is even worse.

I even reduce my graphics settings to nearly all settings off and medium/low but the problem is still there, seems like the client is using too much cpu/ram on spawning enemies or objects/ammo on the floor (just a theory).

My specs if it helps:

Core Quad Q8200 2.33 ghz

4GB Ram DDR3

Ati 4670 1GB DDR3

Windows 7 32 bits

Side note: multi-thread option helps a bit with the frame rate but makes the game crash in most cases.

Edited by ProxyReiv

I would recommend changing the game's settings in the launcher and switch on "Multi-threaded rendering" and "DirectX 11". I too experienced this problem until I changed the settings. Although his could put a bigger strain on your machine.

Edited by Nijuroku

I would recommend changing the game's settings in the launcher and switch on "Multi-threaded rendering" and "DirectD 11". I too experienced this problem until I changed the settings. Although his could put a bigger strain on your machine.

Multi-thread rendering makes the game run smooth but it will cause a crash 100% of the time after x amount of time playing, directD11 is not supported by my graphic card, cant put on that option on the launcher, thanks for the help anyways.

Happens on long survival matches and defend mode mostly, i even lowered my graphics settings to all off and low and the fps are terrible, weird, my specs are not the best but not that terrible, it should be enough to run the game at least on medium, wich i can but not on this modes.

The problem comes when there are a lot of ammo/items on the floor and my fps drops even on low... any thoughts?