Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Elemental Kills

Rinav

Am i the only one who prefers enemies ive killed in melee to be cut in half or blown across the room?

After putting tons of elemental damage on my melee weapon ive noticed that low-mid lvl enemies will just stand there getting electrocuted/burned/frozen to death while seemingly shrugging off the Scindo to the chest.

I think this happens whenever elemental damage which is applied first kills something without needing the normal damage.

I really would prefer it if enemies never did that if killed in melee. It also is somewhat confusing since the death by fire etc looks the same as the stun effect you also get from elemental damage on some enemies.

Bolt weapon kills also should nail the target to something instead of for example making them explode (ice). Its why i crafted it after all (:

I believe this is only if the elemental damage is the last tick of damage

I've never had something not get blasted away so long as the slash/charge is the last hit

It becomes problematic at times with bolt weapons because I have used a weapon that with elemental damage will one shot and pin enemies to walls, When I equip elemental damage mods on the same exact level and enemies it only pins them around 50% of the time, the rest of the time they suffer the elemental death animation.

Elemental death is a bit of a pain in the &#! yes. Also on the sword note I'd like to point out that elemental damage will not really be added to the charge attack. The charge attack beneficts only from two things, charge extra damage and charge speed. Elemental damage, crits, any other stuff that isn't charge exclusive will not be added to charge.

Elemental death is a bit of a pain in the &#! yes. Also on the sword note I'd like to point out that elemental damage will not really be added to the charge attack. The charge attack beneficts only from two things, charge extra damage and charge speed. Elemental damage, crits, any other stuff that isn't charge exclusive will not be added to charge.

Are you sure about the elemental thing?

I use the gram as my melee weapon and I have fire, ice, and lightning on it. Often times after a full charge attack the enemy will be left with the ice effect or the burning effect meaning that while they may have died from the charge attack they either shattered or more commonly stood there waving their arms around.

Well, that is odd to say the least. Charge only beneficts from charge, in fact I sugest you make a few tests on damage you do with or without elemental stuff and even armor piercing and extra damage. when you see the numbers roll, the damage is pretty much the same with or without those mods.

if it is meant to be like this from the designers point of view, im fine with that. but since stun damage is elemental for tactical melee combat, it would be a great aproach if charged melee atacks would (at least to a percentage) stun the enemy anyway.

since it is a very hard hit and the player has a cooldown, the enemy, which is still alive should react with some kind of stunning animation. and if not a stun (because then maybe nobody would use normal attack), they could be pushed back while being even able to behold their state (like shooting etc), making the charged attack also a new evasion tactic. since melee got crucial in this game, and nothing has to be changed in the controls, this could be a new idea for melee combat.

normal attack - modsbased

charged attack - shortstun or pushback enemy

even in the style point of view, it is a bit utter, that my normal hits always stun enemies, but a charged hit don't seem to impact visualy, making them shoot at me unimpressed.

Now that i added Sundering Strike (ap damage) to my weapon kills wont result in the elemental animations but instead they just fly away like if hit by a blunt weapon (im using the DHS). Only tested this so far on Sedna.