Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does Multishot Do?

Twosai

Question

15 answers to this question

Multishot is a chance to shoot multiple projectiles at no cost to ammo.

For example on the Paris with a 50% multishot. This would mean you have a 50% chance to shoot 2 arrows at once.

If you have a 110% multishot that would mean you have a 100% chance to shoot 2 and a 10% chance to shoot 3.

Multishot is a chance to shoot multiple projectiles at no cost to ammo.

For example on the Paris with a 50% multishot. This would mean you have a 50% chance to shoot 2 arrows at once.

If you have a 110% multishot that would mean you have a 100% chance to shoot 2 and a 10% chance to shoot 3.

Best explanation, I think.

I love my 60% multishot Lato with deep freeze. She's saved me many a time :)

I can confirm that multishot does consume ammo, at least on automatic weapons. Tried it today on my Braton.

From what I have noticed, it seems that with x percent multishot you have the chance of x to fire two bullets when you hit an enemy.

Well, it's wrong. Don't know how people can say that it's counter based when they haven't even tested it themselves.

It's a guarantee. Try this to see:

1. Equip a 10% multishot mod on your long gun

2. Join any mission

3. Shoot at a wall 9 times, see 1 bullet hole each time

4. Shoot a tenth time, see 2 bullet holes

5. I'm right, you're wrong

2. Join any mission

Haha, is that how you tested it? Shooting at a wall and looking at bullet holes?

1. Equipped a 50% multishot mod on my Latron.

2. Entered M-Prime solo.

3. Find an enemy.

4. Shoot the enemy 6 times with no multishot.

5. Proceed to multishot the next two shots.

6. No multishot.

7. Multishot.

8. 10 rounds and only 3 multishots.

9. I'm right, you're wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/C4TjS#0

2. Join any mission

Haha, is that how you tested it? Shooting at a wall and looking at bullet holes?

1. Equipped a 50% multishot mod on my Latron.

2. Entered M-Prime solo.

3. Find an enemy.

4. Shoot the enemy 6 times with no multishot.

5. Proceed to multishot the next two shots.

6. No multishot.

7. Multishot.

8. 10 rounds and only 3 multishots.

9. I'm right, you're wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/C4TjS#0

You're both mostly right. Since I feel it might be necessary at this point, I've played in the CBT and can assure you that Multishot does work like Caliber is saying, but ever since one of the Hotfixes during U7 Multishot stopped working as it should for RIFLES. It still works as Caliber says for every other weapon, ie Shotgun pellets (Strun and Boar have 10, Hek has 7) do have a +X% of pellets fired and it is accumulative (ie Hek with 30% MS will shoot 9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-10 and repeat).

Just for reference, I suggest both of you to do some proper testing on multiple tests in the future before you start telling like newbies (at least on the forums judging from post count and join date alone) the wrong information. If I came off as snarky, sorry. I'm cynical.

EDIT: Confirm as of 7.7 automatic weapons will consume more ammo on Multishot proc, forgot to put that in.

Edited by WupwupTCR

You're both mostly right. Since I feel it might be necessary at this point, I've played in the CBT and can assure you that Multishot does work like Caliber is saying, but ever since one of the Hotfixes during U7 Multishot stopped working as it should for RIFLES. It still works as Caliber says for every other weapon, ie Shotgun pellets (Strun and Boar have 10, Hek has 7) do have a +X% of pellets fired and it is accumulative (ie Hek with 30% MS will shoot 9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-9-10 and repeat).

Just for reference, I suggest both of you to do some proper testing on multiple tests in the future before you start telling like newbies (at least on the forums judging from post count and join date alone) the wrong information. If I came off as snarky, sorry. I'm cynical.

EDIT: Confirm as of 7.7 automatic weapons will consume more ammo on Multishot proc, forgot to put that in.

Multishot for pistol is % chance based too, same as with the rifle.

Multishot for pistol is % chance based too, same as with the rifle.

I still disagree with you doing my own personal testing with the semi-autos and full auto pistols, but in any case if MS doesn't work as I said then this is more than likely a bug that's happened with the devs trying to make it so players with lower FPS don't lose out on high Fire Rates and affected how MS behaves. Ever since joining in U5 (CBT) and through U6 (still CBT plus OBT weekend) MS has functioned as previously stated. So, sorry if my information is outdated. This is the same case with Critical Chance across the board; it's not working as it should (it's multiplicative off the base when it should be additive off the base).