The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Splash Damage And Snow Globe

notlamprey

I'm thinking this has already been discussed ad nauseam, but a buddy of mine and I have both started messing with Frost Prime again recently and this is bugging me.

Is it intentional that splash damage from things like Grineer Napalms and Bombards bypasses the Snow Globe?

At higher levels, the splash is so big and the damage so high that players can be downed inside an intact Snow Globe - particularly if the "on fire" debuff strikes you from outside the globe. What about stationary objectives like the MD terminals?

I haven't tested these extreme cases myself, but if the basic mechanics are preventing abilities from performing any of their implied function, isn't that a serious issue?

The way I see it explosions should have a limit of how far they can punch-through things, and the snow globe is no exception. It was sort of okay before the nerf, when it was invincible since it gave you a reason to keep heavies at bay, but now that high enough level heavies can probably destroy it in a few shots anyway it no longer seems fair that it can't offer any protection at all from explosions.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I made a post about issues with frost yesterday and thats all I got was people hating on him because he is not as popular as other frames

That's a shame, because the Corrupted mods gave me a lot of incentive to unpack him and have some more fun.

I like having different loadouts for different SG utility, and its ultimate usefulness seems really hampered by the splash damage issue.

Edited by notlamprey