The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod "separator" And "link" Ideas!

Xhos

mEjZ5r0.png

Look at the red line between Stormbringer and Point Strike. This red line I will call "Separators" for now. This will isolate mod "A" from mod "B" and everything else behind mod "B". So, this will separate my Stormbringer from my Hellfire, hence, these 2 elements will NOT mix to form Radiation. Rather, they will form Electricity and Gas. This "Separator" is in a bad spot, because you CAN achieve this without the "Separator".

Now, have a look at the "Separator" between the infamous Heavy Caliber and the elusive Split Chamber. This means that Split Chamber and Vital Sense have been separated from everything else in front, and vice-versa. This will cause multi-shot to not happen, but damage still counts as 2 bullets in 1. Basically a 90% to deal 2x damage. Can be seen as good OR bad.

No. The Damage 2.0 was created for a reason, to prevent so called Rainbow Builds (all elements at once), your proposition will make it possible once again.

That's the point.

That's the point.

The point is to bring back the thing, that was intentionally removed because it was OP-broken? Have you read what I wrote?

It's like asking for bringing back Galatine charge attacks...

YJmMKZX.png

The yellow thing, which I will call a "Link" will connect the two mods together. This means that you will get Corrosive. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Edited by Xhos

The point is to bring back the thing, that was intentionally removed because it was OP-broken? Have you read what I wrote?

It's like asking for bringing back Galatine charge attacks...

Maybe it comes at a great cost?

I don't think this is a good idea (in a way) but the one thing im curious about is, how many is the maximum in a frame/weapon/sentinel? The reason I want to know this is because if you get to put as many separators as you wish, this can only lead back to why in the first place DE changed element mods to mix, RAINBOW BUILDS!

If you don't know: Rainbow builds were back in the day, over-powered builds for any weapon that allowed you to combine all the elemental damage with the weapons base damage to get a very high base damage that you wouldn't usually be able to get now, unless this gets into the game that is.

EDIT: Got tenno'd ;-;

Edited by Xicio

I think this is a good idea (in a way) but the one thing im curious about is, how many is the maximum in a frame/weapon/sentinel? The reason I want to know this is because if you get to put as many separators as you wish, this can only lead back to why in the first place DE changed element mods to mix, RAINBOW BUILDS!

If you don't know: Rainbow builds were back in the day, over-powered builds for any weapon that allowed you to combine all the elemental damage with the weapons base damage to get a very high base damage that you wouldn't usually be able to get now, unless this gets into the game that is.

Perhaps the more Separators you have, the more Links you'd be required to put?

Edited by Xhos