Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ui Issues And Suggestions

CruxH

Spending time in the game for the past 6 months, and watching it developing in that time, I still feel like there are some UI issues, some of which had been addressed numerous times on these very forums, that are clunky, unclear or plainly bugged.

The mission results screen

1. Since U13, I've been experiencing an issue with zeroed stats being displayed. One or more members of a full squad will have their stats displayed as 0, 9 out of 10 times. Being a person that likes to reflect on performance in the mission, this is really irritating - incremental 13.X updates come and go, but this problem persists.

2. Why is it when any of the players in the squad that completed a mission quits said squad, the rest immediately get thrown to the main screen and the mission results windows is automatically dismissed? Let me examine it for as long as I like to, and close it in my own time, regardless of what other squad members are doing.

3. A suggestion: why not keep a small tab, of say, 3 last mission results and assign an UI button to access them?

Inventory

1. It is really inconvinient, and sometimes plain confusing, to tell how much of what you've got. If I want to quickly check on how much blueprints of a certain something I have, I am forced to navigate through numerous menus, which are not always easy to steer through, and sometimes, frustratingly don't get a straight unambigous answer to my query. The materials single-column scrollable sidebar is just... badly thought out. Why not create a simple to navigate central inventory screen, at which one could easily and swiftly tell how much of what one's got?

2. Why can't inventory be accessed while in a dojo?

Titan extractors

In order to check on my extractors' health, I either have to a) hover over the smallish titan icon that's over a planet, since the planets move and the titan icons together with them, some of the times mouse cursor slides over to the planet, but when it is focused over a titan, a smallish tool-tip is displayed; b) access the relevant planet screen and examine the titan status. What I suggest is to assign color codes to the deployed titans and tie those to health percentange ranges, for example: 100-80% titan is white, 80-40% titan is yellow and red at 40-20%. Titans at critical condition could also be marked with an animation similar to the one signifying rail conflicts. This way it will be possible to decide after a quick glance if an action is required on my part.

Chat window

A possibility to lock/dock the chat window and control it's transparency values? The current minimize/expand buttons are ugly too and don't fit the rest of the aestethics.

These are from the top of my head right now, I am sure I've missed some of the annoyances. Please let me know what you think and if you believe some of the above should be brought to the developers attention.