The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tell Me A Single, Not Biased Reason To Use Os.x

Marshall

To be fair, it tends to break less often than Windows, and sadly even less "common" applications run on Linux than on Mac

And that's coming from someone who's strongly against Apple (well, their policies anyway)

Swiping two fingers up or down to scroll on any page is pretty amazing, not sure if other operating systems have picked up that feature yet though, so I'm unsure if this is helpful lol

I've got a laptop with windows 8, and I can two-finger swipe for scrolling on the touchpad.

I still prefer 7 though.

I'm not qualified to make any observations about any apple OS.

Apple only for work related stuff

not biased reason?

I got in contact with a big developer studio which uses dozens of workstation Windows pcs because Os.x is not reliable for work, as they said. Bad compatibilities, randomly non-functioning software and lots of other reasons why to use Windows for commercial purposes.

"Because you have to" seems to be the unbiased reason to use it.

Ok, let's put it like this:

If you had the free choice to use Windows 7/8 or OS.X for the rest of your life, what would be a good reason to use the Apple solution?

My family uses mac (even though I am typing this on a PC) and according to my father the mac computers he has last for 4 years minimum compare that to the average life of a pc. (not-withstanding a well built PC there are exceptions)