Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Little Finger Is Killing Me, How About Sprint Toggle..anyone?

Skilful_Scalpel

Why not seperate roll (double tap worked for unreal's dodge, so that could work, though iffy on a controller) and use something like the way Borderlands, dead Island and a few other games do the run so that if your holding forward and tap the "sprint" key you will sprint until you either run out of endurance or stop moving holding forward (and lets face it your typically sprinting forward anyway).

It works well for those games, makes the controller happy that it's a single click, rather than a hold (which can be hard to do) and saves the fingers of those that use shift.

Edited by Loswaith

If you think it's bad on the keyboard try holding down the thumbstick with the controller for a few weeks. Gives you a nice little dead spot in the middle of the thumb that stays with you. FOREVER ;p

Ouch!!

I had a door slammed on my little finger, can't use it at all.

I used my ring finger to sprint now lul.

OUCH OVER 9000!!!

Never used it, but doesn't Windows have something called Sticky Keys?

well, sticky keys are designed to hold a key when it's pressed more than certain times per second..after that pressing the key only once will trigger a hold..

the problem with this is it's going to be held for god knows how long and not released..i don't want to be always sprinting, you know..good i dea though, let me research that a little more and get bakc to you with the results

it seems that people dont get that a double tap solution is a clear solution, which is firstly optional and secondly the perfect alternative for a "toggle" button, since a sprint toggle still needs you to use your pinky often for toggling on/off keeping your stamina in mind. easier to stop springt toggle with a release.

and noone would feel hurt, because its no change in movement controls at all.

Am i the only one that got a Razer Nostromo and don't feel this issue at all?...I mean, really, i pretty much let the pinky fall into the shift key and just leave it there. Got me some bugs too, like being unable to melee because i locked the Shift key in the programing or something.

Alright Guys, No more suffering..i have came up with a script for a program called "AutoHotKey" that does exactly what you want

NOW YOU CAN DOUBLE TAP "W" FOR SPRINT/CRUISE CONTROL STYLE RUNNING

at least till they come up with an update that introduces this officially anyway..

Here's How

1) Download Autohotkey for Free ( Google it, i don't know if i am allowed to post External links here)

2) Install it

3) create a new Text file and paste the following into it

EDIT: v1.1 with less trigger time, less chance for faulty firing..

lasttime = 0

~W::

If (a_tickCount-lasttime < 300)

{

Send, {LShift down}

KeyWait, W, U

Send, {LShift up}

Return

}

lasttime:=a_tickCount

Return

4) Save it

5) now rename it to "Warframe.ahk" or anything you want as long as it ends in ".Ahk"

Note: for those with hidden extensions, you can enable that by going into Control Panel>Folder Options >View> and untick "Hide Extensions for Known File Types"

6) double click your Ahk file and you should see an icon with the annotation "Warframe" in the system tray..

7) now Run the game, and Sprint as it was meant to Be :D

this is by far not a final solution and i know the devs will fix this, maybe in the next hotfix, but until then, give your pinky a break and use this script :)

Edited by Skilful_Scalpel

toggle_sprint please, yes.

i use sprint a lot more than i use toggle_crouch, not that toggle_crouch shouldn't be an option for all as well.

just saying, logically, and ergonomiclly it makes sense for toggle_sprint. :)

Sore pinky syndrome is.