Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Freeze Is Really Bad But Has A Lot Of Potential

TwoCrabs

so I am a huge frost fanboy and Ive been using him ever since he came out. all of his abillities got changed(and mostly improved) over time....except for freeze.
this abillity has SO MUCH potential it hurts, it could bring frost from the "high-midtier" of frames into hightier, if it would be slightly changed.
so I dont want this abillity to be OP so I will not suggest a certain base duration for the freezeeffect (could be a sideeffect of avalanche)
I want this abillity to be a cone-shaped-stun

I would also rename it "icebreath"(Im not good with names :s), since "freeze"

sounds a little dull:

frost inhales cold air arround him and freezes everything in sight, in a cone, in front of him(maybe with his thrusters on his shoulders)
it would NOT be affected by duration mods and would still "break" after you shoot the enemy once/melee the enemy twice

the base range would be about as much as default bastille(maybe a little less) and is affected by reach mods
I personaly think that an abillity like this would not just suit frost, it would make him the defensive support frame hes supposed to be (and not another stupid damagedealer)

so what do you guys think? are you ok with how frost works right now or do you think he needs some kind of buff (that is not a snowglobe buff)

sorry for my bad english =) <3

Frost is great but it is very true freeze is lacking. i think he should have a weak AoE but it freezes everyone hit by it. I was thinking either a grenade-kind-of skill where everyone near imapct would be frozen or a chilled area around frost that freezes enemies. but your idea is pretty good to!

Ymir in Smite has an ability that freezes all enemies in a cone in front of him, and Smite is a PvP game, so balance is far more important than in Warframe (Not saying Warframe balance isn't important, but I doubt people would be crying OP if a bunch of grineer are suddenly frozen)

Don't see the problem with giving Frost an AoE stun on his Freeze. Hell, given how he's the slow tank that actuallly remains slow (Cough Rhino Cough), he needs far more utility than he has right now.

Edited by Draciusen

Make Freeze cost no energy and give it a cooldown. Far too often the reason I don't use skills I have equipped is because I'm saving energy for a skill that really matters (usually 3s and 4s).

In fact, that's how I think most "weak" or utility abilities should work, because I routinely find myself forma-ing over skill slots since I never run a full set for any frame; they just get in the way of the core skills, sadly.

Edited by Dwagon