Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wire Based Melee Weapon.

zebar1313

Name Garriber *maybe* (Name origin Garrotte Assassination device combined with fiber,for monomolecular wire/fiber.) 

Faction: Tenno

This weapon should be great for stealth missions for reasons, (hitman type weapon) 

Should have a innate 2x stealth attack dmg bonus to motivate more use of stealth attacks on missions

Mastery rank 8. 

Impact 1

Puncture 5

Slash 50~

Attack speed 1.1

Range, (whip distance maybe longer) think this is called Cleave Distance? 0.30m 

Status chance 30%

Crit chance 40% 

Crit Dmg 3.0 

Stance Polarity should be  18px-V.png 

Starting Polarity will be 1    18px-V.png         

Jump attack- 40

Slide attack 80 slash

Wall attacks 50

Finisher 125

Images of weapon. From Hellsing Ultimate since i've been rewatching those :P That and i have no artistic skill.... 

The general idea of how it looks, while using it. Energy color will effect how it looks (think Dread string) 

xkI06Sa.jpg

Possible look while equipping this melee weapon. 

SLTXI9n.jpg

A unique jump attack where you attack from the air instead of doing a slam attack (could be added with a stance mod instead of by default stance) 

lENomWQ.png

And a brutal finish where you rip enemies limbs off, (not exactly as picture shows, but has a high chance to cut the enemies limbs) 

jA8clwN.jpg

And as a standby, while not using the wires it returns to your gloves, (similar to dynasty warriors) The pointed finger tips extend and allow you to freely control the wires. And you're able to control them cuz you're a ninja tenno assassin :P since it's a mastery 8 weapon your tenno now has the skills to wield deadlier weapons with grace and finesse. 

KNNq44D.png

The attacks should show off the tenno's flexibility and gracefulness. the quick melee should be able to 5-8 enemies in front of you, and only hits in a 180 motion in front of you (a stance should allow for circular attacks for complete 360 coverage like the cleaving whirlwind stance)  

I also believe that with a stance mod in this weapon the air attack should allow you to hit multiple enemies with approximately 2-3 attacks. As previously suggested with the picture. 

The glove should look something like

AnldHzY.jpg

but not as poorly made. and less childlike. But it should have the lotus emblem on the back of the fist part of the glove. 

I think making it a glove based Wire weapon would make it easier to make. Have it where when the wires are released you can then control them similar to how Walter does in Hellsing. Less efficiently and Gory as him, because well, some players don't want that much, but keep the animations pretty cool to where players are just like "dude, look at those epic glove things man, i like totally wanna get to rank 8 to use em" :P 

Plus we need more higher mastery weapons so why not add more melee weapons to the list. 

The way the damage is dealt is by each swing of the wires (left hand wires hit damage) (right hand wires hit damage) As long as one wire hits damage is applied. Hitting with multiple wires is Cosmetic, no multiple hits, seems a little to OP with that thought. Unless damage is split between each of the wires to balance out. 

I have no artistic skills sooo i just used a bunch of other pictures to make my case, if you like it then +1, if you have any suggestions i'm all ears, and any fixes or criticism i'm open to them :P I just wanted an original style weapon to come into the game. Not just another sword, or a hammer. Something fresh and new for the more veteran players, and something cool and exciting for low level players to strive for 

Edited by zebar1313

I'm gonna go with that he was making an Agent 47/Hitman reference.

lol prolly, but i was using the pictures and games as a reference since i'm really bad art wise :P 

The idea is to have a monomolecular wire weapon which is rarely seen in a lot of other games, other than the few i listed. Hitman, Dynasy warriors, and the anime Hellsing. 

It would just be a fresh change and well, i would use it over my orthos p, glaive p, and galatine. 

I would love to kill some grineer by choking them out with a wire assassin like