Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Honest Opinion On Nerfs.

Virt

I'd like to introduce you to Ash. And to an extent, Nyx and Banshee.

Whom the those that cry nerf never gave a damn about. Too bad it took more than a year for them to get attention like everything else due to all the nerf attention.

SO what's your point?

Edited by SirAuron

Before you start, no, this isn't a QQ thread. It's quite the opposite. 

As I browse the forums, all I see is a QQ here and a "Why the nerfs?!" there. It's &!$$ing me off because people seem not to understand what the upside of these nerfs are. The whiners that cry out for the debuffs are probably some of the most intelligent people on here. 

"But what's the purpose of these nerfs?" you might ask? The purpose is showing the weak players out to us. We ask for a challenge because the weapons are too 'stronk' so they lose their power through these nerfs so we have more difficulty. Problem solved. I don't understand why people here are just wasting their time ranting about the nerfs when as each weapon becomes weaker, the playerbase is getting what they want.

Why do you need to have less skilled players pointed out for you?

Besides, using stuff that's OP isn't about skill. It's about seeing large numbers and winning, and everyone wants that.

Why do you need to have less skilled players pointed out for you?

Besides, using stuff that's OP isn't about skill. It's about seeing large numbers and winning, and everyone wants that.

And we have that. We have op stuff that is used 90% of the time simply cause its a path of least ressistence. Im maining Volt (who everyone consider lackluster) i use akmagnus (also something that was bashed on by the community a while ago), Tigris (my main go to gun, when im not abusing my sybaris) and a melee of choice.

I have Brakk and Detron and i never use them, i sold my Soma as i found its damage too lacking (i dont care what you say, my Tigris can oneshot a lvl 30 heavy and my Soma has issues with it, and yes my Soma WAS fully modded). I find the game enjoyable from time to time but get borred to tears after only a hour of play.

But this is me, i dont consider using OP stuff to either fun or enjoayable. Unfortunately i know several others that would call me a noob for using said weapons.

My conclusion to all this? As much as DE wants it to be Warframe cannot have a number system in rpg style. If they still want to push it they need to work HARD to balance it out. High numbers are fun only for a while.

Dont bother

I made a thread about this that turned into an idiot brush off fest for an argument noone could beat

People are stupid sometimes

Strangely enough i found this relevant beauty today

RMgEhVQ.jpg

You made an idiot argument with a logical fallacy, and then whined and ignored it when it was pointed out to you.  You didn't "win" anything.  You were wrong then, you're wrong now, and you'll remain wrong because you insist on remaining ignorant.

These forums are full of DE worshipping nerfers, who don't provide anything remotely like useful feedback, because 'great job DE I love U' doesn't help them improve their product.

Is it any wonder the game has less than 1/4 the number of active players it had 6 weeks ago?

If you want to keep playing warframe, you're going to have to start giving them real money. The rest of us are moving on.

Of course its the balancing that is being applied that is pushing people away, not the lack of long-term systems for players who have spent hundreds of hours in an unfinished game. Not at all!

I've gone is circles on my explanation of why balancing isn't a bad thing, but instead, players focus on the biggest numbers possible then wonder why stuff is so easy. Lets ignore the fact that our power has far outpaced whatever AI they want to throw at us, or whatever obstacles DE tries to implement, the same thing gets thrown around all the time.. it isn't "fun" to be challenged outside a sheer battle of numerical attrition. Yeah, adjustments can suck at times, but if people would look past the "one-button to do it all" being changed to a more flexible set of skills, then DE might actually be able to justify pushing an AI overhaul.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to have to hit 40+ minute survivals or high defence waves so the mobs we are blasting through last long enough for us to actually see them act in a more "intelligent" manner. Kept as is, the only place it would go is higher numbers on both ends and more frustration in the long haul.

And yeah, I am gonna throw out the whole "its beta" thing, as this is the exact thing that a beta environment entails. Stuff's gonna change. Skills will be adjusted. Other things will see overhauls. I would rather see it now before it becomes a launched product. Can't deal with that, come back when its out of beta and stuff will be more permanent. Otherwise, get ready for this type of thing to occur.

You made an idiot argument with a logical fallacy, and then whined and ignored it when it was pointed out to you.  You didn't "win" anything.  You were wrong then, you're wrong now, and you'll remain wrong because you insist on remaining ignorant.

These forums are full of DE worshipping nerfers, who don't provide anything remotely like useful feedback, because 'great job DE I love U' doesn't help them improve their product.

Is it any wonder the game has less than 1/4 the number of active players it had 6 weeks ago?

If you want to keep playing warframe, you're going to have to start giving them real money. The rest of us are moving on.

1/4 the number of users? Please don't troll. While the numbers have decreased, it's the time of finals and important tests, and people don't have time for Warframe. Also take into account that U13 was the peak of players. However, 1/4 is simply ridiculous. You've practically just resorted to attacking other players for opinions now. Again, don't troll, and if you aren't trolling, then please stop being so butthurt.

Of course its the balancing that is being applied that is pushing people away, not the lack of long-term systems for players who have spent hundreds of hours in an unfinished game. Not at all!

I've gone is circles on my explanation of why balancing isn't a bad thing, but instead, players focus on the biggest numbers possible then wonder why stuff is so easy. Lets ignore the fact that our power has far outpaced whatever AI they want to throw at us, or whatever obstacles DE tries to implement, the same thing gets thrown around all the time.. it isn't "fun" to be challenged outside a sheer battle of numerical attrition. Yeah, adjustments can suck at times, but if people would look past the "one-button to do it all" being changed to a more flexible set of skills, then DE might actually be able to justify pushing an AI overhaul.

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to have to hit 40+ minute survivals or high defence waves so the mobs we are blasting through last long enough for us to actually see them act in a more "intelligent" manner. Kept as is, the only place it would go is higher numbers on both ends and more frustration in the long haul.

And yeah, I am gonna throw out the whole "its beta" thing, as this is the exact thing that a beta environment entails. Stuff's gonna change. Skills will be adjusted. Other things will see overhauls. I would rather see it now before it becomes a launched product. Can't deal with that, come back when its out of beta and stuff will be more permanent. Otherwise, get ready for this type of thing to occur.

And people wonder why weapons that suck still suck and why the weapons that suck never get used even after a nerf, then create a thread to nerf the next best thing and the cycle continues. 

- This is about weapons that in the trash pile.

You made an idiot argument with a logical fallacy, and then whined and ignored it when it was pointed out to you. You didn't "win" anything. You were wrong then, you're wrong now, and you'll remain wrong because you insist on remaining ignorant.

You speak for the entire community and yet are one person.

That being said there are an equal number of hatemongers who also don't provide any useful feedback but like to pretend their bile spewing is somehow helpful.

Finally source on that 1/4 players, if your gonna quote stats especially seemingly ridiculous ones you better provide source info if you want anyone to take you seriously. You may be moving on but you sure aren't 3/4 of the player base.

Edited by NevanChambers

Nerf the strong, ignore the weak. That is the logic of all those who want nerfs. meanwhile buff hreads get no attention. Poor torrid, may it never prosper due to these selfish people.

Thats easy enough

The anit nerf metality has said MANY times "Just buff things and dont nerf"

They also entirely ignore that things have been buffed and dont want any buffs at all

The nerf people want buffs and nerfs AKA balance

Im going to assume you dont like nerfs

And the 1/4th players things youll need to source.

Your post sounds entirely like "people cant be OP anymore so they quit and went to find something else to be broken in"

Thats easy enough

The anit nerf metality has said MANY times "Just buff things and dont nerf"

They also entirely ignore that things have been buffed and dont want any buffs at all

The nerf people want buffs and nerfs AKA balance

Except the nerf folks never mention buffs and always shoot down the thought of buffing anything.

They always speak of balance but never want to buff anything.

Their idea of balance is nerf everything given the sheer amount of "Nerf Everything" memes. It's always nerf this nerf that w/o any thought to buffs.

Meanwhile buffs take lightyears to happen. And finally, Miter gets the attention it deserves due to an "accidental" buff. Go figure.

Now for Torrid to one day fill the room with gas so it gets looked at.

At least warframes are finally getting their due especially ancient ones.

Edited by SirAuron

Except the nerf folks never mention buffs and always shoot down the thought of buffing anything.

They always speak of balance but never want to buff anything.

Their idea of balance is nerf everything given the sheer amount of "Nerf Everything" memes. It's always nerf this nerf that w/o any thought to buffs.

Meanwhile buffs take lightyears to happen. And finally, Miter gets the attention it deserves due to an "accidental" buff. Go figure.

Now for Torrid to one day fill the room with gas so it gets looked at.

At least warframes are finally getting their due especially ancient ones.

Nerf folks never mention buffs?

If i cared enough id go disprove that but think what you like

Always shooting down anyone's idea to buff anything in their rant threads.

Well alot of it is for the sake of balance

Many frames are hot topics recently

Eventually the buffs and nerfs will come

The ones that are wanted and talked about the most will likely come first since they seem to be the bigger issue

Also DE sees the numbers behind everything and makes decisions on that as well

Being as vocal as possible on the forums is probably the closest well get to actually deciding whats balanced and what isnt

The nerfs seem to be brought up the most making anything buff fall into the abyss.

I imagine buffs will start happening once new content stops being released regularly, and they've had time to balance out the over-powered weapons. 

Dont bother

I made a thread about this that turned into an idiot brush off fest for an argument noone could beat

People are stupid sometimes

Strangely enough i found this relevant beauty today

RMgEhVQ.jpg

YES lol

Some people set a limit to how much complexity they want to handle.

Not that it stops them from foolishly testing their limits and being cancer.

Your point was basically lost due to everyone else due to the lines I just removed from the quote. Any attack on a forum community or sweeping generalization is never received well.

Linking the topic probably would be better so people can determine it for themselves.

But in the end, it still won't matter because people on opposite sides of these issues generally don't meet in the middle, on playstyle nor idea.

Person A: Wants things nerfed to make long survivals harder.

Person B: Enjoys survivals at their current difficulty.

Neither of these has a middle ground, but that doesn't even account for other types of people who play:

Person C: Let's just have more new interesting content guys.

Person D: Make PVP better.

Person E: I don't care about PVP.

Person F: Warframe takes skill?

A&B are at obvious odds with one another. But C&D obviously think they're both wasting time. D&E obviously have different priorities for new content. E&F are usually a bit cynical and can agree and disagree with the above four groups.

DE takes input from everyone sure but honestly it generally isn't worth your own time to bother on the most polarizing issues once an issue has been dragged out for awhile. Just play (or don't) and wait for the dust to settle until the next issue about RNG or nerfs or cosmetics comes up.

Your point was basically lost due to everyone else due to the lines I just removed from the quote. Any attack on a forum community or sweeping generalization is never received well.

Linking the topic probably would be better so people can determine it for themselves.

But in the end, it still won't matter because people on opposite sides of these issues generally don't meet in the middle, on playstyle nor idea.

Person A: Wants things nerfed to make long survivals harder.

Person B: Enjoys survivals at their current difficulty.

Neither of these has a middle ground, but that doesn't even account for other types of people who play:

Person C: Let's just have more new interesting content guys.

Person D: Make PVP better.

Person E: I don't care about PVP.

Person F: Warframe takes skill?

A&B are at obvious odds with one another. But C&D obviously think they're both wasting time. D&E obviously have different priorities for new content. E&F are usually a bit cynical and can agree and disagree with the above four groups.

DE takes input from everyone sure but honestly it generally isn't worth your own time to bother on the most polarizing issues once an issue has been dragged out for awhile. Just play (or don't) and wait for the dust to settle until the next issue about RNG or nerfs or cosmetics comes up.

Youre a person C arent you