Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Input For Devs

Dunkelheit

Because you allowed me to participate in an open beta, I would like to give back some feedback. Most of the stuff you might already know, but I will state it anyway for a compiled list. If other Tennos could add to this thread, it would be great.

1. generally speaking

Warframe is a delightful experience, which was good at the beginning because of the Coop aspect and really blew me away when I started to see the depth of this game. The gameplay is amazing, but some movements like jumping and wallrunning feel a little clunky.

In the Meta, you always have something to do.... getting credits, levelling up mods, farm blueprints, do alerts... it is fantastic and never makes the game feel like a grind, at least in the first 50 hours.

2. Tutorial

I guess you already know it, but your tutorial is rudimentary at best. There is little to no info about the fusion system and many aspects and tooltips are outdated or plain wrong. Especially the fusion system needs a bit of explanation, since it makes this game stand out from the crowd and has never been seen before (at least by me).

Facts like that the crit% only helps the base crit chance should be mentioned in bold letters somewhere, because it is misleading.

3. balancing

The balancing is way off and needs rework. Not the balancing of the Warframes though, they all feel unique and they all are fun. But the prices and drop rates feel really off (though you seem to work the drop rates right now, kudos). 75 plat for a colorpalette? 225 plat for a weapon?

League of legends has shown us that if you have a lot of stuff at lower prices, this can make quite a lot of money.

I know a lot of guys who love your game, but just don't want to shell out 10€ for a weapon.

On the other hand, all in stuff in the game really feels unique and plays out in other ways.

4. Difficulty

The difficulty is nice, but I have not reached the dangerous areas yet. But you could easily make a very high difficulty setting which really needs whole groups that work well with each other and offer better rewards, just to make a challenge for the crowd who have awesome gear.

5. handling and UI

Ok, this leaves much to desire... the UI could show my armor clip status near the middle, map, health, shields, all could be in one place. In the game, fusion is a pain. I have to de-equip the mod, search for the mod between all mods (who should be sortable by weapon and warframe and stuff like this, too). When I have finally found the mod that I want to fusion, I have to find something to fusion with, when I forget to hit the fusion button, I have to do it all over again. It would be so much easier if I had a fusion button directly near the equipped mod, could click it and filter if I want to fusion the mod with the symbol, rarity or with a core.

There is a lot more, but this really makes the game feel a bit unprofessionable.

I will use this thread for my constructive feedback when I have something to say. So far, I really love this game. If I could bet money on this, I would bet that Warframe will be a great success. It just feels like you lack a bit manpower at the moment.