Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100% Multi-Shoot On Rifles.

Dasmir

60 should be good since most rifles are rapid fire. If you put that thing in a Gorgon together with serration and crit mods, big targets would cry.

The problem is no everyone is running with a gorgon right now.

60 should be good since most rifles are rapid fire. If you put that thing in a Gorgon together with serration and crit mods, big targets would cry.

Paris and Snipetron are not, so they get screwed on this, comparatively speaking.

Come to think of it, perhaps polarity slots could increase the stat buff of the card in addition to/in place of lowering the power usage. It would allow for making weapons stand out more.

I want a 100% multishot for my bow, I will be Robin Hood! I can see how this could be a problem though for the gorgan and boltor, as they would become a even greater bullet hose. There needs to be a good spot where multishot is useful for snipers while still not making autos massively op.

Reworking multishot to have a cooldown between guaranteed procs would balance it across all fire rates. Alternately the proc chance could have a modifier inversely proportional to the base magazine size of the weapon, i.e. there are ~X number of multishot rounds in the magazine.

I think the solution to that would be if sniper rifles were their own type. and instead of snipers having a whole different set of mods, some of the mods could work on both types. shotgun is a separate type for the point of balancing so this could work.

Edited by bumwald

Multishot is one of many reasons mods shouldn't have levels at all, and just do their thing(100% multishot) right out of the box.

OFC Multishot would in it's current form be completely broken in such a world, but there are acommodations that can be made to fix that issue.

More of my thoughts that after U8, though.

Edited by Naqel

I wonder why so many people focus on multishot...At the current state of the dmg calculation, multishot and +normal dmg have the same effect - multishot is basically another +normal dmg just that it multiplicates with the other normal dmg instead of simply adding up.

The rifles suffer too much from their crappy mods. I see the idea of a weapon category starting off with high stats that do not increase that much. But unfortunately, the rifles do no start with very high stats compared to the base stats of other weaponry.

+1

Snipers have too much of a damage differential range to be effective at higher levels. My Paris's min/max damage seems to range from about 200 - 800, which makes it impossible to do stealth with such incosistentent damage. Snipetron is also pretty bad.