Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym And Paris/akbolto

GottFaust

I was helping a friend farm for Saryn last night, and thought to myself: "Aren't there weapons specifically designed to take down Grineer? Oh right, weapons with built in armor pen like the Paris bow and Akbolto." So in an effort to speed up the farm I grabbed my Paris and Akbolto, and while they did indeed speed up the fight to get to her I found out something rather odd: She is immune to damage by either of those weapons. It's not like she takes 0 damage, it appears that the hit isn't even registered on her. The projectile sticks out of her model but it's as if the attack never even lands for damage purposes. Needless to say I was forced to melee her for that round and swapped back to my old loadout promptly afterwords.

I'm assuming this is a bug, but has anyone else run into this? Does this affect other bosses?

Were you far away from her during the fight? While farming for Saryn parts, I noticed that damage numbers rarely show up if you snipe her from far away. This happened to me both with a Hek and a Lato Vandal. The damage still registered for me though.

Judging by what you wrote this isn't the case for you, since you were able to see the projectiles. Just double checking. But it does sound like a bug.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect other bosses, as I've shot Vor before with a Paris, Bolto and Boltor. I'll give it a try on Kela later on, if I don't forget.

Were you far away from her during the fight? While farming for Saryn parts, I noticed that damage numbers rarely show up if you snipe her from far away. This happened to me both with a Hek and a Lato Vandal. The damage still registered for me though.

Judging by what you wrote this isn't the case for you, since you were able to see the projectiles. Just double checking. But it does sound like a bug.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect other bosses, as I've shot Vor before with a Paris, Bolto and Boltor. I'll give it a try on Kela later on, if I don't forget.

I thought the same thing at first, so I ran up and got basically into melee range with her and shot her with both. Same result. It might be important to note that I was not the host. I actually asked my friend (who was the host) to stop shooting her to see if it was actually dealing damage but not listing the numbers, but neither her sheild or health bar moved at all when being shot by either weapon.

Paris is a terrible weapon to use on bosses since their shield regenerates faster than you can charge fire your shots.

But kela's shield doesn't work like others it stays gone till she uses a move that instantly regenerates it and she'll only do that roughly three times a fight.

OP: It happens to me on occasion but i still do damage. If you're not doing damage its a bug

Edited by lilme3333

Either she is immune to armor piercing damage or it is indeed a bug. The quickest way to test it out is to dish some elemental damage on the weapon, even if the armor piercing weapons doesn't goes kicks in, the elemental will in case of an immunity. Still like all other said, I wouldn't advise slow firing weapons for a boss, sure the shield may only recharge at specific intervals but even brining the shield down with those weapons is a pain in the &#!. You're better off with high DPS weapons for bosses.

I can confirm this, I was using the paris and no damage numbers appeared on Kela regardless of the distance. Wether this is just a visual glitch or she actually wasn't taking damage I couldn't say as my bow was really low level and I wasn't the only player shooting her.

Also this should be moved to the a bug section >_>

Edited by CubedOobleck

Just did a test run with my Paris, Akboltos are being forged atm so couldn't test them. Damage was showing up and registered for me, both on shields and health. I did my test run in solo mode (I only play solo, so I won't do online/private test runs. Though I'm willing to do a test run with you).

I'm guessing it's a problem with not being the host as you suspected. Or some other weird bug. The host thing makes the most sense for now.

Just did a test run with my Paris, Akboltos are being forged atm so couldn't test them. Damage was showing up and registered for me, both on shields and health. I did my test run in solo mode (I only play solo, so I won't do online/private test runs. Though I'm willing to do a test run with you).

I'm guessing it's a problem with not being the host as you suspected. Or some other weird bug. The host thing makes the most sense for now.

Yeah at this point I'm guessing that it might be in line with the bug where the Paris (and a few other weapons) does no elemental damage if you aren't the host.

Also, if a moderator could move this thread to the bug section that'd be great. I initailly put it here because I wasn't 100% sure it wasn't intended.

I just noticed this same bug. I was attacking for a while with my (single) bolto, but decided to switch to my snipetron since her shields were down. My snipetron's hits didn't register, but my boltos' did.

Here's my hypothesis: My Snipetron has an armor piercing mod equipped, but my bolto doesn't. So maybe the bug has to do with the mod rather than the weapons.

As usual, the bolt weapons are making an object that travels from you to the first obstacle/target. Any bit of connection instability and either your shots will not be flying from the right spot and will end up missing, or you just don't get told that you hit. It's an odd issue with the bolt weapons mostly.

If the fight was going faster, then you were hitting, but you weren't being informed that you hit.

It's okay with Kela since she recharges her shields only when she does her shockwave attack.

Since a boss' shields are supposed to stay down cause everyone else is shooting at them...... this shouldnt be trouble.

Or.... switch weapons so you use your gun to take down shields and Paris for health damage.