The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Into A Pen And Paper Rpg

Edgemang

So recently I had this idea to turn Warframe into a pen and paper RPG. I already planned on what system to use, BESM(Big Eyes Small Mouth)Revised Edition(3.5 Compatible). Currently I wanted to implement a personality trait system for each frame.

This is what I have so far:

Ash- Assassin

Banshee-Stealth/Support. Something going on in her head!

Ember - Military. Fire.

Excalibur- Melee. Leader.

Frost- Anti-Range. Ice. CC. Tank.

Hydroid - Amphious Assault.

Loki-Infiltrator

Mag - Shields. Magnetics.

Nekros- Necromancer.

Nova-Scientist

Nyx- Pyschologist. Psychic.

Oberon- Combat Medic. Frontline.

Rhino- Frontline Tank. Melee

Saryn- Frontline Bruiser. Alchemist.

Trinity- Doctor.

Valkyr- Frontline Bruiser. Melee. Loose cannon.

Vauban - Technician. CC.

Volt- Hacker. EMP. Fast! Scout

The Tenno need racial traits?

For scaling purposes (HP/Shields/Damage)10% of what we see in game is going to be converted to this system. What about guns like the Grakata or Soma where 10% of there damage would be something along the lines of 1.1 and 1 damage? What that work if its lets say Auto fire mode with multiple hits a round?

Mods Should be class features and Feats.

Skills? What should they be?

Yes there will be a ship that they use for transportation.

Does anyone have any suggestions on that or anything else towards this project.

-Edgemang

Edited by Edgemang

Knights of Pen and Paper is actually a really good game you should look at in terms of skill tree stuff. Its on steam and I think Yogscast Sips has a couple videos of it. 

You can literally answer your own questions just by having a skill tree. Maybe have three different ones such as offensive, defensive, and special for frames. Special is where stuff like duration of DoTs, cast time, etc are.

Also nekros would just be a necromancer. 

i´m not familiar withy BESM, but for future and space stuff the d20 systems has a lot of ideas. Skills should probably remain the same for all frames (because of the idea of one tenno with all the suits), some mods fit very well in the category of feats but the individuality of each frame should be particular class features, and powers could be treated as spell like abilities or use a point system like the one in psionics heroes.

Knights of Pen and Paper is actually a really good game you should look at in terms of skill tree stuff. Its on steam and I think Yogscast Sips has a couple videos of it.

You can literally answer your own questions just by having a skill tree. Maybe have three different ones such as offensive, defensive, and special for frames. Special is where stuff like duration of DoTs, cast time, etc are.

Also nekros would just be a necromancer.

Found the video you were talking about for Knights pen and paper. I'll watch it when I have a chance. Thanks for your input!

i´m not familiar withy BESM, but for future and space stuff the d20 systems has a lot of ideas. Skills should probably remain the same for all frames (because of the idea of one tenno with all the suits), some mods fit very well in the category of feats but the individuality of each frame should be particular class features, and powers could be treated as spell like abilities or use a point system like the one in psionics heroes.

Your suggestions have been noted! Thank you.

Edit: Doing this from my phone is hard. Must preview first.

Edited by Edgemang

Here is the class skills i am picking that is universal for all frames: Balance, Climb, Computer Use,Concentration, Controlled Breathing, Decipher Script, Demolitions, Disable Device, Escape Artist, HIde, Jump, Knowledge (Any, Take individually) Listen, Medical, Move Silently, Navigate, Open Lock, Pilot, Power Usage, Repair, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble. Also there are combat class skills in BESM, they get all of them as class skills. They are: Archery, Gun Combat, Heavy Weapons, Melee Attack, Melee Defence, Ranged Defence, Special Ranged Attack, Thrown Weapons, Unarmed attack, and Unarmed Defense. Yes you can punch stuff in this setting with nothing equipped. Gauntlets do 1d3+strength in damage. 8+Intelligence Modifier for skill points.

The following frames get a bonus to certain skills

Ash and Loki get a +2 to Hide and Move Silently

Banshee gets a +2 to Listen Checks.

Ember gets a +2 to Knowledge (Military Sciences) and a +2 Demolitions.

Excalibur gets a  +2 to Jump and +2 to Knowledge(History)

Frost ??

Hydroid gets a +4 to Swim.

Loki gets Bluff as a class skill and +2 bonus to Bluff.

Mag ??

Nekros gets a +2 to Knowledge(Occult)

Nova gets a +2 Knowledge (Physical Sciences)

Nyx gets sense motive as a class skill and gets a +2 bonus to sense motive. +2 bonus to Knowledge(Social Sciences)

Oberon Gets a +2 to Medical and +2 to Knowledge Nature

Rhino gets Power-lifting as a class skill and gets a +4 to it.

Saryn gets a +2 to Poisons and a +2 to Knowledge( Biological Sciences)

Trinity gets a +4 to Medical

Valkyr gets Intimidate as a class skill. +2 Bonus to Intimidate.

Vauban gets a +2 Bonus to Repair and gets a +2 Bonus to Knowledge(Mechanics)+(Electronics)

Volt gets a +2 Bonus to computer use and spot

Zephyr gets a +2 Bonus to Navigate and Pilot.

I also thought of the Hit die(D=Die) for each frame/class:

D12: Ash, Saryn, Zephyr

D10: Oberon

D8: Banshee, Ember, Excalibur, Frost, Hydroid, Nekros, Nova, Nyx, Rhino, Trinity, Valkyr, Vauban, Volt

D6: Loki, Mag

If anyone thinks something needs to be changed/added in the skill department let me know!

-Edgemang

Zephyr has a natural jump that is higher than the other frames, you could change the jump bonus from excalibur to zephyr, excalibur being an all around frame could do with a bonus on physical stats or a bonus to attack or damage instead of a skill, mag and nova use magnetic powers so they can probably use the same skill, frost could use a survival bonus on cold weather.

I think the warriors handbook and the crusader class brought in melee stances also, maybe you could look into that too.