Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Rise Of The Faithful [Invite-Only Rp]

Sumika1204

Yuuki chuckled at the response he received and replied with his own.

"Hehehe... You know being a good killer has it's benefits. With the whole system being at war and all a guy like me has a lot of use you know. The Golems especially are always looking for new pawns. I'm not very fond of being forced to do things but in this case it couldn't really be helped. But oh man the payoff is so worth it, you'll see what I mean pretty soon. Seeing as how you don't seem to be occupied I'll let you sit back and enjoy the show for a bit, just don't step on to my stage until everyone takes their places."

The golden cyborg replied only briefly as he continued to eat.

Anyone can be good at killing, Yuuki. The Infestation is both an army and the greatest weapon of mass destruction in all of known history. My talents, however, are more unique. 

"Great," Temperance said, drawing the word out like sarcasm-laden taffy.  "Two of you.  Or more, if you decide to copy yourself into anything else.  Just the thought of every computer in the system running Cyrios as an OS..."

He trailed off.  "That old Excalibur wouldn't happen to be your new mobile platform, would it?  And while we're on that topic, what do you plan to do with your remaining 'biological bits'?"

The ship stayed silent for a period of time, as if attempting to determine which response was the least likely to earn the mistrust of the Tenno within it. Eventually, it replied.

"I am unable to reply. You are infested by the Golem who goes by designation 'Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren'. If I were to inform you of my intentions, such information may be relayed to the Golem via it and its strain's telepathic capabilities. This would lead to a tactical disadvantage, and lessen my chances of success and survival. Any additional questions?"

The ship stayed silent for a period of time, as if attempting to determine which response was the least likely to earn the mistrust of the Tenno within it. Eventually, it replied.

"I am unable to reply. You are infested by the Golem who goes by designation 'Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren'. If I were to inform you of my intentions, such information may be relayed to the Golem via it and its strain's telepathic capabilities. This would lead to a tactical disadvantage, and lessen my chances of success and survival. Any additional questions?"

Temperance grimaced.  "Fair point," he conceded.  "I still have a limited understanding of the extent of my connection to both Wov'anul'paar'bes and Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren.  Any further information could indeed compromise us all.  Please relay my concerns to Cyrios Prime.  That is all for now."

He bowed to the empty air and left the ship, heading towards the main hall where, according to his map, he would find the delegates.  Along the way, he began to experiment again with the capabilities of his new body, slipping into shadows and side corridors to avoid passing Acolytes.  As best he could tell, he reached the hall without being noticed by a single soul.

Seras was in the middle of accosting her father when Temperance ghosted into the hall, while Neas questioned Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren and most of the other delegates watched impassively from the sidelines.  Temperance slipped into place behind Jinx and Arthur.  Softly, without announcing himself, he asked, "Did I miss anything?"

Edited by Temperance000

Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren smiled widely at Seras' behavior, filled with a twisted mockery of a teacher's pride in a prized pupil. 'She is so well trained! I ought to compliment her parents- her train of thought faltered for a moment, then was jump started by Seras calling out to her father. 'Right, the Ash... and... I should probably check what their names are.'

When Neas inquired as to the significance of the Infested foliage, Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren turned her head towards the Ember, delight shining in her eyes as a pure white glow. "I'm glad you asked, Neas. You are aware that our church worships and embodies true balance, yes? Both extremes of life and death, creation and entropy, order and chaos, must exist simultaneously and equally, neither diluted by the other."

She made a grand gesture to the spiraling trunks and branches above. "These plants were created by the Orokin to be another of their perfect organisms, incorruptible and virtually immortal, symbolic of their Empire's eternal purity. However, the Technocyte is one of the most powerful and thorough forces of death, corruption and decay in the universe, and twisted even these divinely virtuous organisms. But, even now, the plants are not fully conquered."

As she walked, the Herald absent-mindedly brushed her hand against a chaotically corkscrewing branch running along the wall: however, the keen eyed would notice that she never actually touched the plant, her fingers never any further or closer than a centimeter from the bark's surface. While she kept her attention on her conversation with Neas, she was intuitively aware of the exact position of even the most minute Infested flora on the ship.

"Their Orokin crafted cells never gave up the fight against the corruption, generating new cells and eradicating Technocyte riddled ones, as quickly as the Infestation devours and assimilates the new growths. They are diametrically opposed, in perfect balance, and one can only be struck speechless by the intricate beauty this balance creates." Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren amiably inclined her head towards Neas, an honest smile gracing her horrid visage. "If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask."

Neas listened and watched as the Golem enthusiastically talked about the infested plants. Of course an infested would see its sickness as true balance, that was only to be expected from its twisted mind. To take something pure and corrupt it and describe its struggle to survive as balance. It was impure, and what did the infested know about purity.

As the gloating Golem brushed the twisted growth Neas couldn't help but notice that the thing never touched it. She pondered what that could mean for a moment, all while keeping up the same kind face with the warm smile, and then said in her warm, smooth voice "I see, that is indeed quite a story of symbolism. And don't worry, I'm sure I will have other questions to you in due time."

The proud Ember raised her chin a little, her resolve strengthened. Her work had just began. Soon she would help these poor souls clean and mend their sick home.

But the acolytes could hardly be so blind as to what their herald was, or was implying to be, and yet they kept following it. She would have to clear out the weeds and bring out the pure untouched flowers to ensure the success in this task. Soon, in due time, though the sooner the better, this derelict would once again be pure.

Jinx, Arthur and Munin had stopped a bit behind the rest of the group with Inez, trying to keep a bit of a distance to be left alone in their conversation. Though it was quite the challenge to keep Munin from staring holes through the Herald's back. Jinx wished that Shinkiro would just take Seras with him and leave the party, but that didn't seem to be happening any time soon.

He bowed to the empty air and left the ship, heading towards the main hall where, according to his map, he would find the delegates.  Along the way, he began to experiment again with the capabilities of his new body, slipping into shadows and side corridors to avoid passing Acolytes.  As best he could tell, he reached the hall without being noticed by a single soul.

Seras was in the middle of accosting her father when Temperance ghosted into the hall, while Neas and the delegates watched impassively from the sidelines.  Temperance slipped into place behind Jinx and Arthur.  Softly, without announcing himself, he asked, "Did I miss anything?"

Jinx sensed Temperance's presence before he even spoke and said "Not much, the Herald enthusiastically telling us about the symbolic value of the infested plants and Neas being the ever so good listener." She didn't turn to look at him or pay him much mind in general, just looking like she wasn't doing anything in particular other than following the tour with the rest. 

Seras pretty much leapt onto her father, hugging him tightly. Hugs were always welcome from those she had a liking for, especially her parents. "Are you going to come with us on the tour, daddy?", she inquired while looking up at her father. She hope the answer would be a 'yes'.

"Oh I do, just like everyone else around here. My name is Natsumi.", the Mag Prime replied as she took a seat. She set the tray on the table followed by retracting her helmet. Her hair was shoulder-length and quite eye-catching due to the unusual colouration. It was more than likely dyed. Not even Tenno were supposed to have such colourful hair naturally, right? It was a mix of various bright, neon colours.

"I've seen you around recently but never got to talk with you.", the Mag Prime added before she started on her pancakes. She rolled one up, put the end to her mouth and slid the entire thing into her mouth using her index finger. She chewed rapidly as though she was some sort of hyperactive super hamster. Within moments, an entire pancake had been devoured. "What's your name, by the way?", she inquired. She decided to quietly lick syrup from her fingertips while she awaited the Saryn's answer.

The tenno releases his hold on the little girl and gave her a small shrug. "Why not? But after this, we're going to visit mummy in the cafeteria, okay? Shes making breakfast." Shinkiro eyes the rest of the group, especially the Ember stranger and gave her a light bow. "Ohayo gozaimasu, madamemoiselle. I do apologize if I am interupting something."

Vesara raised an eyebrow with interest at the Mag's eating habits. Rather strange, but when has there ever been anything normal? "Moi? My name is Vesara Victoria the second. You are rather enegetic, aren't you?"

Neas listened and watched as the Golem enthusiastically talked about the infested plants. Of course an infested would see its sickness as true balance, that was only to be expected from its twisted mind. To take something pure and corrupt it and describe its struggle to survive as balance. It was impure, and what did the infested know about purity.

As the gloating Golem brushed the twisted growth Neas couldn't help but notice that the thing never touched it. She pondered what that could mean for a moment, all while keeping up the same kind face with the warm smile, and then said in her warm, smooth voice "I see, that is indeed quite a story of symbolism. And don't worry, I'm sure I will have other questions to you in due time."

The proud Ember raised her chin a little, her resolve strengthened. Her work had just began. Soon she would help these poor souls clean and mend their sick home.

But the acolytes could hardly be so blind as to what their herald was, or was implying to be, and yet they kept following it. She would have to clear out the weeds and bring out the pure untouched flowers to ensure the success in this task. Soon, in due time, though the sooner the better, this derelict would once again be pure.

Jinx, Arthur and Munin had stopped a bit behind the rest of the group with Inez, trying to keep a bit of a distance to be left alone in their conversation. Though it was quite the challenge to keep Munin from staring holes through the Herald's back. Jinx wished that Shinkiro would just take Seras with him and leave the party, but that didn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Jinx sensed Temperance's presence before he even spoke and said "Not much, the Herald enthusiastically telling us about the symbolic value of the infested plants and Neas being the ever so good listener." She didn't turn to look at him or pay him much mind in general, just looking like she wasn't doing anything in particular other than following the tour with the rest. 

Neas was right about the Acolytes having noticed. Rumours had started to go around even before the transformation into her current form but with how dedicated Cardina had been to the church in the past, none saw reason to doubt her. Still, there was unease. They could feel something was amiss, even Rien who was among the Acolytes whose loyalty leaned most strongly towards Cardina.

The tenno releases his hold on the little girl and gave her a small shrug. "Why not? But after this, we're going to visit mummy in the cafeteria, okay? Shes making breakfast." Shinkiro eyes the rest of the group, especially the Ember stranger and gave her a light bow. "Ohayo gozaimasu, madamemoiselle. I do apologize if I am interupting something."

Vesara raised an eyebrow with interest at the Mag's eating habits. Rather strange, but when has there ever been anything normal? "Moi? My name is Vesara Victoria the second. You are rather enegetic, aren't you?"

Seras nodded, smiling excitedly as she rather enjoyed family meals. Aunti Vesara still scared her but even her presence was appreciated. "Okay, Daddy." She turned to the group and announced, "I will be showing everyone the training room, obstacle course, living spaces, observatory and garden before we finish the tour at the cafeteria if there are no problems." She only knew the proper names for some of these places because she had heard the Acolytes talk about them on occasion.

"Nice to meet you, Vesara and yes, yes I am. Sometimes at night, I feel so energized that I have to do a few laps through the obstacle course before I get sleepy." Natsumi smiled warmly at Vesara before moving on to the next pancake just a moment later, the process repeating as she rapidly devoured the pancake.

Bloody Nyxes and their telepathy.  Take all the fun out of skulking.

Temperance shook the thought off, nodding solemnly to Jinx's words.  "Let's hope it doesn't evolve into anything worse than a shouting match, then.  I don't think anyone here wants a general bloodbath."

Cardina had been peculiarly silent since the hangar, and Temperance was beginning to get worried.  Rather than speak to her directly, he began to feed strands of memory into her fractured consciousness, hoping for some reaction, at the very least.

The grate near the cafeteria opened back up, out crawled a cloaked Loki Prime, Yuuki. Uncloaking outside the entrance he removed his helmet and digitized it into his frame. He proceeded to play with a display that he projected from the frames palm. "Arming detonators" He said softly to himself as the projection flashed and then disappeared. Yuuki walked inside and immediately took note of a certain golden cyborg at a nearby table and proceeded towards him. Casually taking a seat right across from Cyrios as if they didn't know each other Yuuki leaned back in his seat and looked on with small smug grin across his face.

"Didn't think you were watching me from THIS close Cyrios, its a little creepy if you think about."

Edited by MasterDread

Bloody Nyxes and their telepathy.  Take all the fun out of skulking.

Temperance shook the thought off, nodding solemnly to Jinx's words.  "Let's hope it doesn't evolve into anything worse than a shouting match, then.  I don't think anyone here wants a general bloodbath."

Cardina had been peculiarly silent since the hangar, and Temperance was beginning to get worried.  Rather than speak to her directly, he began to feed strands of memory into her fractured consciousness, hoping for some reaction, at the very least.

Jinx would have smiled and found Temperance's thoughts amusing had the situation not been as serious as it was. Neas was here, and soon chaos would follow in her wake.

Arthur, Munin and Inez turned around to acknowledge the Ash's presence. Thou it was quickly followed by Inez giving Arthur a questioning look from behind her helmet.

Neas was right about the Acolytes having noticed. Rumours had started to go around even before the transformation into her current form but with how dedicated Cardina had been to the church in the past, none saw reason to doubt her. Still, there was unease. They could feel something was amiss, even Rien who was among the Acolytes whose loyalty leaned most strongly towards Cardina.

Seras nodded, smiling excitedly as she rather enjoyed family meals. Aunti Vesara still scared her but even her presence was appreciated. "Okay, Daddy." She turned to the group and announced, "I will be showing everyone the training room, obstacle course, living spaces, observatory and garden before we finish the tour at the cafeteria if there are no problems." She only knew the proper names for some of these places because she had heard the Acolytes talk about them on occasion.

Neas looked to their little tour guide, still with that warm smiling expression on her face. "Oh so you have a garden on this ship? I can't say I have ever been to a derelict with something that can be called that. Is it nice?" She had her suspicions about what that so called garden actually contained. Based on the golems little theatrical performance and the fact that the entire ship was covered in the filth...It more than likely wasn't anything she's actually call a garden to begin with and the word 'nice' being the last word she'd use to describe it with.

But she could not blame a child to know any better of course. That's why she was here, to be a guiding light to those who strayed before they became lost and a judge to those without salvation. 

Jinx would have smiled and found Temperance's thoughts amusing had the situation not been as serious as it was. Neas was here, and soon chaos would follow in her wake.

Arthur, Munin and Inez turned around to acknowledge the Ash's presence. Thou it was quickly followed by Inez giving Arthur a questioning look from behind her helmet.

Neas looked to their little tour guide, still with that warm smiling expression on her face. "Oh so you have a garden on this ship? I can't say I have ever been to a derelict with something that can be called that. Is it nice?" She had her suspicions about what that so called garden actually contained. Based on the golems little theatrical performance and the fact that the entire ship was covered in the filth...It more than likely wasn't anything she's actually call a garden to begin with and the word 'nice' being the last word she'd use to describe it with.

But she could not blame a child to know any better of course. That's why she was here, to be a guiding light to those who strayed before they became lost and a judge to those without salvation. 

Seras nodded, smiling at the Ember. "My auntie Cardina tends the garden herself. She's the best gardener here!" Technically, she was also the only one in the entire derelict who could really be considered a gardener. The Acolytes had only cleared away the infested foliage when it was in areas where it proved to be a hindrance such as engineering and the generator rooms and never actually tended it as Cardina had.

The little Banshee waved for everyone to follow as the tour moved along. First up was the training room and the obstacle course would be next. She led the way, assuming there were no interruptions. She planned to introduce the visitors to her friends if they came across any. In fact, one was inside the training room already.

"Nice to meet you, Vesara and yes, yes I am. Sometimes at night, I feel so energized that I have to do a few laps through the obstacle course before I get sleepy." Natsumi smiled warmly at Vesara before moving on to the next pancake just a moment later, the process repeating as she rapidly devoured the pancake.

Shinkiro let out a small chuckle, smiling at his little girl. It almost made him forget that she came to be in her current state by Cardina's intervention. "Well then, little miss Victoria. Lead the way."

"A.... Few laps...." Vesara continues to question the Mag Prime's mental stability. A course in her mind. "So, were you always this way?"

Shinkiro let out a small chuckle, smiling at his little girl. It almost made him forget that she came to be in her current state by Cardina's intervention. "Well then, little miss Victoria. Lead the way."

"A.... Few laps...." Vesara continues to question the Mag Prime's mental stability. A course in her mind. "So, were you always this way?"

The Mag Prime thought for a moment before answering, "You mean happy and energetic? Ever since shortly after waking up from cryo. I was scared, confused and lonely before the search party found me but was I ever glad when they did!" After that statement, into her mouth went another pancake to vanish within moments.

((Wlll get back to interactions  where the tour group is concerned once the others post but for now, posting immediately for Natsumi.))

Seras nodded, smiling at the Ember. "My auntie Cardina tends the garden herself. She's the best gardener here!" Technically, she was also the only one in the entire derelict who could really be considered a gardener. The Acolytes had only cleared away the infested foliage when it was in areas where it proved to be a hindrance such as engineering and the generator rooms and never actually tended it as Cardina had.

The little Banshee waved for everyone to follow as the tour moved along. First up was the training room and the obstacle course would be next. She led the way, assuming there were no interruptions. She planned to introduce the visitors to her friends if they came across any. In fact, one was inside the training room already.

Neas smiled an even wider smile at the little girl and then followed her as they once again moved through the hallways of the derelict. She also continued her habit of observing the environment and memorizing the layout for future use, just in case. As they were on a guided tour it was quite easy to get away with it as well.

Meanwhile a bit further back in the tour group, the twins took the opportunity to talk to the newly appointed Ember Prime, Inez. And conversed in low voices.

"So how come that you got the Prime title and not Neas?" Artur asked "As I recall, you were both of equal rank."

"It is true that in experience and ability we are equals." Inez began. "But you also know that Neas methods can be...questionable at times. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister at arms. I don't know what reason the council gave Neas but as I was told, they wanted to give the title of Prime to someone who acts more according to the code who can set a good example for the newer to follow."

"And they think Neas sets a bad example?" Jinx asked, amusement almost sneaking into her voice.

"Well....she's not setting a good one either. So...neutral?" Inez added.

"Well maybe Neas is exactly what we need at times. She knows her trade and she get things done." Munin stated in a blunt, short voice without even looking at them. He just kept staring forward as they walked.

The other three looked first at Munin and then at each other. This was not the Munin they were used to. Had they been the ones talking like that then he'd usually been the one to chut them up, glare or lecture them. To Inez this change was a surprise and the reason unknown. But to Jinx and Arthur it was not that big of a shock, and a reason to why Jinx had been hesitant to remove the emotional block. 

The grate near the cafeteria opened back up, out crawled a cloaked Loki Prime, Yuuki. Uncloaking outside the entrance he removed his helmet and digitized it into his frame. He proceeded to play with a display that he projected from the frames palm. "Arming detonators" He said softly to himself as the projection flashed and then disappeared. Yuuki walked inside and immediately took note of a certain golden cyborg at a nearby table and proceeded towards him. Casually taking a seat right across from Cyrios as if they didn't know each other Yuuki leaned back in his seat and looked on with small smug grin across his face.

"Didn't think you were watching me from THIS close Cyrios, its a little creepy if you think about."

Having very nearly finished his turnovers by now, Cyrios slowly straightened his form and gazed with mistrust and thinly veiled contempt at the Tenno sitting across from him. His cybernetic eye scanned Yuuki's Warframe and body in an attempt to discern any weaknesses that might be exploitable in future encounters. 

"You have a strange perception of fear, Yuuki," Cyrios stated, his mechanical voice barely portraying any emotion. He finished his turnover, and grabbed the next.

Neas smiled an even wider smile at the little girl and then followed her as they once again moved through the hallways of the derelict. She also continued her habit of observing the environment and memorizing the layout for future use, just in case. As they were on a guided tour it was quite easy to get away with it as well.

Meanwhile a bit further back in the tour group, the twins took the opportunity to talk to the newly appointed Ember Prime, Inez. And conversed in low voices.

"So how come that you got the Prime title and not Neas?" Artur asked "As I recall, you were both of equal rank."

"It is true that in experience and ability we are equals." Inez began. "But you also know that Neas methods can be...questionable at times. Don't get me wrong, I love my sister at arms. I don't know what reason the council gave Neas but as I was told, they wanted to give the title of Prime to someone who acts more according to the code who can set a good example for the newer to follow."

"And they think Neas sets a bad example?" Jinx asked, amusement almost sneaking into her voice.

"Well....she's not setting a good one either. So...neutral?" Inez added.

"Well maybe Neas is exactly what we need at times. She knows her trade and she get things done." Munin stated in a blunt, short voice without even looking at them. He just kept staring forward as they walked.

The other three looked first at Munin and then at each other. This was not the Munin they were used to. Had they been the ones talking like that then he'd usually been the one to chut them up, glare or lecture them. To Inez this change was a surprise and the reason unknown. But to Jinx and Arthur it was not that big of a shock, and a reason to why Jinx had been hesitant to remove the emotional block.

Grandmaster Tacis summoned a small object from the energy storage compartment of his Warframe, activated it, and attached it to the collar of his Sunika. It was a crude but effective audio recording device, and it would allow him to hear what happened around his kubrow, which he sent towards the back of the group so that he might be able to hear the entire group, if not see it. Tacis himself held towards the front of the front, with Neas and Seras, and observed as much as he could in regards to his surroundings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyrios' ship thrummed quietly with energy as it worked both on repairing the Excalibur within and downloading what was effectively Cyrios into it. It sent a quick message to Cyrios Prime, as Temperance referred to him, and continued its work.

Edited by fishworshipper

Having very nearly finished his turnovers by now, Cyrios slowly straightened his form and gazed with mistrust and thinly veiled contempt at the Tenno sitting across from him. His cybernetic eye scanned Yuuki's Warframe and body in an attempt to discern any weaknesses that might be exploitable in future encounters. 

"You have a strange perception of fear, Yuuki," Cyrios stated, his mechanical voice barely portraying any emotion. He finished his turnover, and grabbed the next.

Grandmaster Tacis summoned a small object from the energy storage compartment of his Warframe, activated it, and attached it to the collar of his Sunika. It was a crude but effective audio recording device, and it would allow him to hear what happened around his kubrow, which he sent towards the back of the group so that he might be able to hear the entire group, if not see it. Tacis himself held towards the front of the front, with Neas and Seras, and observed as much as he could in regards to his surroundings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyrios' ship thrummed quietly with energy as it worked both on repairing the Excalibur within and downloading what was effectively Cyrios into it. It sent a quick message to Cyrios Prime, as Temperance referred to him, and continued its work.

"Fear of what? You? Don't flatter yourself Cyrios. I hope you aren't feeling any fear right now though, surprisingly I'm not here to hurt you, wouldn't want to cause a scene with all these people here you know. Though that's likely to change in a few seconds as you already know, you did see it after all. All the actors have taken the stage, it's time to start the show."

Yuuki folded his arms behind his head and leaned further back into his chair uttering a single number. "1" When the number was uttered there was a faint boom sound, then the room shook a bit and lights flickered. "4, 10, 23, 42" Each number uttered caused another faint boom and more shaking. Yuuki had placed a number of small bombs through out the derelict, the bombs were designed to fool the derelict's systems into thinking the explosions were external, making it appear the Lotus delegation's ships had opened fire on the derelict while disabling key components at the same time. The engines went, sectors of the derelict completely lost power, others caused chain reactions of explosions that engulfed entire rooms in fire. Yuuki had primed the bombs to detonate remotely via voice commands to the detonator.

"24, 32, 50" More explosions followed, one being the very bomb Yuuki had just placed under the cafeteria, where he and Cyrios were sitting was a safe zone as the Church's cafeteria was large enough to seat over 200 people. Yuuki sat there smiling as a quarter of the room went up in flames and began to smell of ash and burnt objects, and possibly people.

"And that's the cue for the real show to start. You ever fought a war before Cyrios? Because this church is about to become a battlefield."

Edited by MasterDread

"Fear of what? You? Don't flatter yourself Cyrios. I hope you aren't feeling any fear right now though, surprisingly I'm not here to hurt you, wouldn't want to cause a scene with all these people here you know. Though that's likely to change in a few seconds as you already know, you did see it after all. All the actors have taken the stage, it's time to start the show."

Yuuki folded his arms behind his head and leaned further back into his chair uttering a single number. "1" When the number was uttered there was a faint boom sound, then the room shook a bit and lights flickered. "4, 10, 23, 42" Each number uttered caused another faint boom and more shaking. Yuuki had placed a number of small bombs through out the derelict, the bombs were designed to fool the derelict's systems into thinking the explosions were external, making it appear the Lotus delegation's ships had opened fire on the derelict while disabling key components at the same time. The engines went, sectors of the derelict completely lost power, others caused chain reactions of explosions that engulfed entire rooms in fire. Yuuki had primed the bombs to detonate remotely via voice commands to the detonator.

"24, 32, 50" More explosions followed, one being the very bomb Yuuki had just placed under the cafeteria, where he and Cyrios were sitting was a safe zone as the Church's cafeteria was large enough to seat over 200 people. Yuuki sat there smiling as a quarter of the room went up in flames and began to smell of ash and burnt objects, and possibly people.

"And that's the cue for the real show to start. You ever fought a war before Cyrios? Because this church is about to become a battlefield."

Cyrios flared his external shields but otherwise didn't visibly react to the explosions, biting into, chewing and swallowing a chunk of the turnover he held as if nothing extraordinary was going on about him. A look of irritation crossed his face as the viruses that he had laced throughout the various systems of the ship began reporting severe damage in various areas. Many of the cafeteria lights were blown out or plainly shut off from the explosion(s), plunging at least part of the room into what would have been darkness had the dancing fires from burning foods not been so luminous. A piece of shrapnel caught Cyrios' eye as it flew through the air, but a quarter of a second was all he needed to calculate its path and determine that it would be harmless. It cleaved halfway through the table he was at, before coming to a halt. 

"Verbal cue detonation sequence. More advanced that I thought you were capable of, Yuuki." Cyrios commented dryly as he ate. "Can't say I've ever fought in a war before, though I have scavenged off the remains of quite a few."

Cyrios flared his external shields but otherwise didn't visibly react to the explosions, biting into, chewing and swallowing a chunk of the turnover he held as if nothing extraordinary was going on about him. A look of irritation crossed his face as the viruses that he had laced throughout the various systems of the ship began reporting severe damage in various areas. Many of the cafeteria lights were blown out or plainly shut off from the explosion(s), plunging at least part of the room into what would have been darkness had the dancing fires from burning foods not been so luminous. A piece of shrapnel caught Cyrios' eye as it flew through the air, but a quarter of a second was all he needed to calculate its path and determine that it would be harmless. It cleaved halfway through the table he was at, before coming to a halt. 

"Verbal cue detonation sequence. More advanced that I thought you were capable of, Yuuki." Cyrios commented dryly as he ate. "Can't say I've ever fought in a war before, though I have scavenged off the remains of quite a few."

Yuuki chuckled, also acting like nothing interesting had just happened even though he was the cause of it. "Awwww how flattering, a lot of people make the mistake of underestimating me. But you know better. I've got some time to kill before I need to go get what I came here for and you don't seem to be in a hurry to go anywhere. How about you and I have a nice little chat hm? I think it's a much better option for you personally then some of the other things I have in mind. What do you say?"

Meanwhile in one of the ship's hangers Kuro was in his ship as usual, still going over the data he had stolen from Mortos' private archive a few days prior. He heard the faint boom of the bombs Yuuki had detonated and felt his ship rumble a bit. "So you've gotten things started have you Yuuki? Excellent... Time to proceed to phase two." Kuro geared himself up and calmly left his ship, the chance to fufill his promise to the Golems had finally come, and he didn't plan on disappointing them

Explosions rumbled through the derelict, and the lights in the hallway flickered.  Temperance tensed, snarling beneath his helmet.

"Ship, status!" he snapped to his warframe.  "Church comm center, respond."  The second line brought nothing but static; the Church's internal comm net had been disabled.  The query to his ship revealed the reason: a series of blossoming thermal signatures throughout the derelict, centered on vital systems and heavily trafficked areas.  Explosives.  And to disable a ship of this size so efficiently, they would have had to have been planted on power couplings.

Like the one running under his feet.

"COVER!"  Temperance roared, and dove towards a nearby root.  Something exploded, and a blast ripped through the corridor.  His shield flared and vanished, and a searing pain erupted in his shoulder as a particularly large piece of shrapnel sheared through his warframe to embed itself in his flesh.

Gaia was taken by surprise when Temperace dove away, shouting  for everyone to get behind cover, followed by explosions. She used Blessing to shield everyone.from the blast, though it apparently did not reach Temperance in time to prevent  a large shard of metal from slashing him. Though unharmed by the blast, she still felt its push and was thrown aside by it.

Seras ended up similarly, being thrown against a wall by the blast but thankfully left unharmed thanks to Gaia's Blessing. She wondered just what was going on. One moment she was giving the tour and the next, she was thrown to a wall by an explosion.

With several systems left offline as emergency power came online where possible, chaos was breaking loose. Acolytes had been thrown about and injured by explosions, rooms were left engulfed in flames and nobody had any idea just what was going on aside from apparent sabotage. Those Acolytes who were able got to work. Available Frosts, Zephyrs and Hydroids worked on removing the fires while Trinities and Oberons tended to the wounded.

Mortos Soul Punched the doors for a room right off to allow himself and the others in the room to exit and search for any wounded. His most pressing concerns, however, were Gaia's safety and killing whoever was responsible for this. He was already enraged from the sabotage of his weapon but now this? It was most assuredly one of the outsiders and he planned to have them rounded up as soon as possible and round up every surviving Nyx Acolyte to tear the information out of their accursed minds as a form of interrogation.

The Mag Prime thought for a moment before answering, "You mean happy and energetic? Ever since shortly after waking up from cryo. I was scared, confused and lonely before the search party found me but was I ever glad when they did!" After that statement, into her mouth went another pancake to vanish within moments.

Seras ended up similarly, being thrown against a wall by the blast but thankfully left unharmed thanks to Gaia's Blessing. She wondered just what was going on. One moment she was giving the tour and the next, she was thrown to a wall by an explosion.

"So you just suddenly became like such? How veird... Wonder when my food is ready.." Vesara searches about for Iris when suddenly something erupted, causing her to stumble off her chair, but lands on her hands, pushing herself off the ground and flips over to her feet. "Now vhat is going on now...?"

Shinkiro found himself stumbling from the powerful shaking before falling on his back. Shaking his head in confusion, he slams the floor and pushes himself up. Immediatelly, he searches for his daughter, running towards her. He knelt down, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Seras, dear. Are you okay?"

"So you just suddenly became like such? How veird... Wonder when my food is ready.." Vesara searches about for Iris when suddenly something erupted, causing her to stumble off her chair, but lands on her hands, pushing herself off the ground and flips over to her feet. "Now vhat is going on now...?"

Shinkiro found himself stumbling from the powerful shaking before falling on his back. Shaking his head in confusion, he slams the floor and pushes himself up. Immediatelly, he searches for his daughter, running towards her. He knelt down, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Seras, dear. Are you okay?"

Natsumi downed the glass of milk quickly before letting her helmet unfold. "Looks like some people are really sabotage-happy. It's only been two days since the last one I heard about.", she commented as she threw a tray out  and used Bullet Attractor on it to draw any flying shrapnel from the explosions in the cafeteria away.

"Nng." Seras was a bit dazed at first but unharmed. She looked up at her father. "Daddy? What's going on?" The little Banshee was rather confused.

The rumbling of explosions stopped the twins and Inez in their conversation and cause the entire group from their clan to start looking around and listen in attempt to locate it. The flickering lights caused Jinx's stomach to clinch in response to the memories it brought. Maybe that was why she did not quite hear Temperance's warning and Arthur had to tackle his sister to the ground to evade the worst of the blast.

The Volt had by old habit and reflex put up an electric shield, though it proved to not be the best defence against explosions as some debris managed to bypass the edges of it and hit Neas in the process.

The shrapnel hit her upper temple near her forehead, the chock of getting hit out of nowhere and the body half reacting to take cover had her hit the ground before she knew it. Though it wasn't a direct hit it did make a gash on its way past her. Causing blood to start pouring down the Ember's face and to her left eye, blurring her vision.

"Are you alright?!" The Rhino asked as he tried to help her up again.

"I'm fine" Neas stated while pressing her hand against the wound, wiping the blood away with the other. Standing up, the Ember looked around the blast area. Her face not so kind looking anymore as her warm smile had been replaced with a stoic, thin-lipped tenseness. Her eyes darting from detail to detail like a haws as she in a now demanding voice asked. "What was that?"

Temperance staggered to his feet, hissing through his teeth in a manner not dis-similar to certain species of Infested.  He gripped the shrapnel in his shoulder and pulled it free, dropping it out of sight in a cluster of vines and applying a spurt of healing mist to aid his already-accelerated healing process.  In the time it took him to cover the distance to the rest of the delegates, the flow of blood had slowed to a drip, and he could feel skin and muscle beginning to re-knit.  

It was a curiously pleasant sensation.

"Is everyone alright?" he asked, stepping through the Volt's lingering electric shield.  His instincts flared at Neas' tight-lipped scrutiny.  The part of him that was Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren whispered that it was best to give her every reason not to incinerate him, a sentiment with which he whole-heartedly agreed.

"If I may, Tenno Neas," he said, stepping forward with a hand raised to administer healing mist.  "You are bleeding."

Edited by Temperance000

The rumbling of explosions stopped the twins and Inez in their conversation and cause the entire group from their clan to start looking around and listen in attempt to locate it. The flickering lights caused Jinx's stomach to clinch in response to the memories it brought. Maybe that was why she did not quite hear Temperance's warning and Arthur had to tackle his sister to the ground to evade the worst of the blast.

The Volt had by old habit and reflex put up an electric shield, though it proved to not be the best defence against explosions as some debris managed to bypass the edges of it and hit Neas in the process.

The shrapnel hit her upper temple near her forehead, the chock of getting hit out of nowhere and the body half reacting to take cover had her hit the ground before she knew it. Though it wasn't a direct hit it did make a gash on its way past her. Causing blood to start pouring down the Ember's face and to her left eye, blurring her vision.

"Are you alright?!" The Rhino asked as he tried to help her up again.

"I'm fine" Neas stated while pressing her hand against the wound, wiping the blood away with the other. Standing up, the Ember looked around the blast area. Her face not so kind looking anymore as her warm smile had been replaced with a stoic, thin-lipped tenseness. Her eyes darting from detail to detail like a haws as she in a now demanding voice asked. "What was that?"

Temperance staggered to his feet, hissing through his teeth in a manner not dis-similar to certain species of Infested.  He gripped the shrapnel in his shoulder and pulled it free, dropping it out of sight in a cluster of vines and applying a spurt of healing mist to aid his already-accelerated healing process.  In the time it took him to cover the distance to the rest of the delegates, the flow of blood had slowed to a drip, and he could feel skin and muscle beginning to re-knit.  

It was a curiously pleasant sensation.

"Is everyone alright?" he asked, stepping through the Volt's lingering electric shield.  His instincts flared at Neas' tight-lipped scrutiny.  The part of him that was Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren whispered that was best to give her every reason not to incinerate him, a sentiment with which he whole-heartedly agreed.

"If I may, Tenno Neas," he said, stepping forward with a hand raised to administer healing mist.  "You are bleeding."

Tyranis, who had been virtually silent as he followed the group had also been caught in the blast. He did not have the time to move far back enough but did brace himself for it. He was sent flying back a good 10 feet or so. he slid across the floor and came to a stop now flat on his back, his arms would have been torn apart if not for him being in his frame. His ears rang and his vision blurred as he sat himself up.

"Ughhhhh... What just happened? An explosion? How? Are we under attack? I need to... Make sure the delegates  and the others are alright." He slowly got to his feet, his vision began to clear up as he tried to make his way forward towards the others. But they seemed so far away. Just then there was another explosion, this time from above. The ceiling crumbled and debris started to rain down. He had no choice but to back away. He was separated from them now. 

"Damn it!" He shouted. "Just my luck..." He let out a sigh, he could only hope they were ok. But why was this happening? Do some outside group hear about the Lotus' delegation and plan an assassination attempt? Or was the Church behind it? No that couldn't be they would never endanger the lives of their Acolytes like this. He'd have to find a way around the debris and make his way back to them. 

• 4 weeks later...

It was a strangely sad thing to watch a story end.

Temperance stood by a viewport aboard the Karmic Backlash, and watched as the derelict that housed the Church of the Ascension slowly disintegrated.  Emerald green flames flickered through holes in the great ship’s hull, licking out at the vacuum and shimmering in strings of living heat that raced down the Infested tendrils, consuming them from the inside out.  The vines writhed and clawed at nothing, twisting in a vain, pitiful attempt to escape their immolation.  A small flotilla of Lisets and transport craft hung in space nearby, glittering like bright metal teardrops as they watched the destruction of their home.

The explosives that had been set by the rogue Tenno Yuuki had proved to be only the start of the delegations’ problems.  A bit of clever hacking had apparently spoofed the Church’s interior sensors to make the explosions appear as an attack by the Karmic Backlash, and sent the Acolytes into an uproar.  Although the incident had ultimately been averted without bloodshed, the mood aboard the derelict had taken a decidedly icy turn.

Uncovering evidence linking Mortos to the Void Weapon had not been hard.  What had been hard was getting the Acolytes to let them arrest him.  Especially after the cunning Nekros offered his aid in cleansing the derelict of Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren and the Infestation…in exchange for a full pardon.  Neas and Tacis, of course, would have none of it, and insisted on arresting the Nekros anyway.  Pointing out his obvious foreknowledge of Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren, backed up by the considerable stash of volumes Temperance had discovered in a hidden store room, had done nothing to dissuade some of the more zealous Acolytes, and the whole affair had quickly degenerated into a general melee when Mortos called out the Specters.

After that, the Church’s fate was sealed.  Gaia herded her loyal Acolytes and any nonaligned personnel onto the Church’s fleet of small craft and fled, only to be intercepted just outside the bay by the Karmic Backlash.  A stern warning over the comm, coupled with an entire point-defense grid aimed in their general direction, had been enough to convince them to stay put.  Mortos and his followers, meanwhile, key-hopped back into the Orokin tower the Church had sheltered in during its year in the Void, leaving behind an Infested derelict with its reactors primed to overload, and one coldly furious Dreyrisal Ember.  In a way, though, Mortos had done them a favor.  His departure had cleared away the last impediment to Neas’ primary goal:  confront and destroy Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren, and cleanse the derelict of the Infestation.  And, he had been kind enough to leave them a ticking Void-bomb as a failsafe.

Temperance himself had been hauled off by Tacis shortly after Neas’ first Fire Blast had turned the Void Portal nexus into a raging emerald inferno.  Neas had been more than intelligent enough to realize that confronting the White Golem in her Garden was tantamount to suicide.  The Hive was screaming in his mind as the Excalibur Prime practically threw him into his Liset and remotely overrode the ship’s Cephalon, sending him directly to the Backlash.  Through their bond, he could feel Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren writhing as Neas set her ablaze, and Wov’anul’paar’bes’ mounting fear as the Ember methodically hunted her down.  Then, there was nothing left to do but wait, watch, and tie up loose ends.

The Church ships were boarded, their Cephalons slaved to the Backlash, and Gaia and the remaining Acolytes were detained in virtual containment on a secure network, pending continued investigation of their involvement with Mortos.  Depending on the findings for or against them, they would be released under strict probation, or held indefinitely until and if Mortos was captured or killed.  Despite Neas’ best efforts to the contrary, Seras and her parents were among them, and numerous independent parties had already expressed varying degrees of interest in the girl’s unique strain of Technocyte.  Some, namely Cephalon Suda, wanted to study her.  Others, among them the Red Veil and New Loka, wanted her dead, caged, or vivisected.  Temperance privately suspected that the last two options had more to do with potential bioweaponry applications than any form of pan-system altruism, but either way, the Lotus did not seem at all inclined to reskin Seras from dataform any time soon.  Perhaps with time, and exhaustive research, she might be allowed a proxy to visit her parents again, but that day was very far off.  It seemed the Lotus felt that one Tenno-come-Infested was more than enough to have loose on the system.

Mortos himself, along with his followers, had been declared rogue and persona non grata at every Tenno-held location with ties to the Lotus.  Which was to say, virtually all of them.  The full findings of the investigation had been released onto the network, ensuring that every Tenno, and every ally and associate of the Tenno, knew exactly who he was, and what he had done.  Attempts were already underway to locate and assault the Orokin Tower from which he was now operating.

Tyranis had vanished in those final, hectic hours, and all attempts to contact him had failed.  Tacis and Neas were more than ready to blame Mortos and his lackeys for the mighty Oberon’s loss, but there was a voice somewhere in the back of Temperance’s mind that whispered otherwise.  After all, the Flesh was missing its Golem of Wrath, and Tyranis did have such lovely red eyes.

Cyrios too had quietly taken his leave when the bullets started flying, and although Temperance had seen his golden cyborg body lying broken on the ground during the battle, he knew the hacker was far too slippery to leave himself without options.  He had copies of himself on his ship, on a Warframe, and who knew where else, at this point.  Hell, if it had a wireless connection, Cyrios would probably show up there eventually.

As for Temperance, he had been spared Neas’ wrath by Jinx, who, for reasons he could not fathom, had chosen to keep his secret.  Based on what he could glean from Tacis, she, Arthur, and Munin would likely be remaining with Neas to deal with both remnants of the Church of the Ascension, unless their Warlady, a Tenno named Kotone, wished otherwise.  Temperance himself would remain on the Karmic Backlash until it reached the Orcus Relay at Pluto, whereupon he would be transferred to another assault cruiser, which Tacis had identified as the Manifold.  As far as he could discern, there was no record of any such ship.

Temperance?  Cardina’s voice was soft, but strong against the whispers of the Hive Mind.  Are you alright?

The once-Tenno sighed deeply, and watched as the derelict finally collapsed in a plume of emerald fire and white Void-light.

I don’t know, Cardina he said.  I really don’t know.

And that's it.  Thank you all for the incomparable experience that has been Rise of the Faithful.  It's been a great joy, and sometimes a royal headache, to watch our characters fight and learn and grow.  I am truly sorry it had to end like this.

For those of you moving on the Return of the Faithful, the following posts contain vital background information.

PLEASE READ THEM ALL CAREFULLY.

Happy RPing,

Temperance000

Seras Containment Memo

RE:  Specimen “Seras” revised containment protocols

Pursuant to appeals made by [Tenno Pyre] and [Tenno Shinkiro], substantiated by findings PC:11:14 [strain infectivity and communicability], PC:04:15 [specimen psyche integrity], PC:05:15 [maintenance of specimen mental health], testimony PC:05:15-1 [Tenno Temperance on Golem strains and Specimen] and testimony PC:05:15-2 [Tenno Neas on Infestation and Specimen] subject designation “Seras” will be released into the custody of its biological progenitors, [Tenno Pyre] and [Tenno Shinkiro], with the following stipulations:

1)      The subject will be confined in a secure VR unit, to be provided upon release, with all wireless protocols and hardware removed.  The unit will be equipped with a perpetual power cell, one standard holographic projector, one hardline port (see Item 2, below), and one custom interface socket (see Item 3, below.

2)      The unit will passively record the condition of the subject at all times, with uploads to be provided over a pre-arranged secure system by either the subject or its guardians on a monthly basis.  Failure to do so will result in confiscation of the subject’s data unit.

3)      The subject’s unit will be configured to interface with and operate a Type- 3 (civilian non-combat) Modular Humanoid Proxy in place of the CPU.  Attempts to install wireless functionality in said proxy will result in confiscation of the subject’s data unit.

4)      Any abnormal or suspicious actions, feelings, behaviors, or developments must be reported promptly by either the subject or its guardians.  Failure to do so will result in confiscation of the subject’s data unit.

5)      Attempts to modify the subject’s data unit in any way, including but not limited to hacking, adding or removing components, introducing or removing elements in the VR, and transfer of the subject to any other storage medium, without notification and approval of supervising personnel, will result in auto-termination of the subject.

By the Code, it is done.

Personal Addendum:

Pyre, Shinkiro.  I’m sorry it had to be this way.  I know this past year has been difficult for you, thanks in no small part to me.  These terms may sound harsh, and they are, but considering the alternative was an eternity in virtual isolation, it was the best compromise for all concerned.  By now, you’ve heard about the interest some of the Syndicates have in little Seras.  The Lotus has kept her out of their hands thus far; she and I now entrust that task to you.  And please, for your own sakes, do not try to slip through any loopholes.  The technicians who designed her VR unit and its software were very thorough.  You can visit her inside, but trying to take her out will get her, and you, killed.  None of us want that, not for her, and not for you.

I have done what I can to see that the supervising officers are some of the kinder Tenno loyal to the Lotus, no hide-bound sticks-in-the-mud like Tacis.  They will do all they can to make this bearable for you.

Again, I offer you my most sincere apologies, and I wish you all every happiness.

Temperance

Acolyte Release Memo

RE: Detainees, Church of the Ascension “Gaia” and “Acolytes”

As of the date of writing [PC:04:15], Tenno Gaia of the former Storm Clan “The Church of the Ascension” and her Acolytes stand cleared of all charges regarding involvement with the renegade Tenno Mortos, also formerly of the Church of the Ascension.

Accordingly, all are to be released immediately, and are to be returned or reimbursed the value of all impounded property, including weapons, vessels, data, and personal belongings.  Note that the Ascension derelict and its contents are excluded from this, due to Mortos’ role in its destruction.

By the Code, it is done.

[Private]

Addendum:  All released individuals will be subject to passive surveillance for future contact with Mortos or Infested elements.  Of particular note are Gaia (Trinity), Izaya (Trinity), Pyre (Ember Prime), and Shinkiro (Ash).

Lotus Investigation evidence log

Report of Investigators Grandmaster Tacis (unaligned) and Tenno Neas (Ghosts of Dreyrisal), re: former Storm Clan “Church of the Ascension”

For historical background, please refer to the post-mission [debriefs], below.  The original report and all physical evidence is on-file at Larunda Relay, and is available for review upon request.

Attached files: 

Debrief [Group]

[approx. 30 additional debrief files, one per delegation member and/or associated personnel]

Personal Assessment, Tacis

Personal Assessment, Neas

Warframe blackbox [Ember, Neas]

Warframe blackbox [Excalibur Prime, Tacis]

Warframe blackbox [Locust Ash, Temperance]

Warframe blackbox [Nyx, Jinx]

Warframe blackbox (requisitioned) [Trinity, Gaia]

[approx. 80 additional blackbox files, approx. 50 requisitioned, from delegation members and Church Acolytes]

Testimony, Temperance

Testimony, Jinx

[approx. 20 additional Testimony files, all from delegation members]

Scans of approx. [REDACTED] hand-written volumes, attributed to [Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren], dated approx. AC:[REDACTED] to PC:11:14

Phase signatures of Void Keys used by [Mortos] in construction of the [Void Weapon], collected by Tenno Temperance

Biosamples, Infested, assortment, collected from derelict foliage, [Cardin’assur’thyr’xyren], Tenno Temperance, et. al. 

Sliced datafiles, excerpts, taken from the Church of the Ascension’s mainframe