Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repopulating The Starmap And Fixing Drop Table Bloat In One Fell Swoop.

Yezzik

Two problems, one solution: move many of the older items from the Void and Derelict to the starmap.

This helps repopulate the starmap as people head out in search of Prime parts, and helps fix drop table bloat as there aren't as many items cluttering up existing content.

This way there's no need for T4 keys (which in turn would also clutter up loot tables), and T3 Void-level content can be retuned to be more difficult so as to better appease the players who want to challenge themselves.

And as the starmap increases in size, so too does the range of levels the developers have access to for spreading out the Prime parts. This *also* helps break up some of the monotony encountered in running the same missions with the same tilesets again and again.

Two problems, one solution: move many of the older items from the Void and Derelict to the starmap.

This helps repopulate the starmap as people head out in search of Prime parts, and helps fix drop table bloat as there aren't as many items cluttering up existing content.

This way there's no need for T4 keys (which in turn would also clutter up loot tables), and T3 Void-level content can be retuned to be more difficult so as to better appease the players who want to challenge themselves.

And as the starmap increases in size, so too does the range of levels the developers have access to for spreading out the Prime parts. This *also* helps break up some of the monotony encountered in running the same missions with the same tilesets again and again.

So make, for example, Neptune Survival drop a hypothetical Sybaris Prime's parts, and Neptune Defense drop a hypothetical Akstiletto Prime's parts? Sounds good to me.

So make, for example, Neptune Survival drop a hypothetical Sybaris Prime's parts, and Neptune Defense drop a hypothetical Akstiletto Prime's parts? Sounds good to me.

Oldest stuff first, and I'm talking every mission gets something.

Obviously needs to have a small chance of getting said item as a post-mission reward, though.

Except he said "older" prime parts. So, for example, Latron, Boar, Fang, Orthos, Braton...

This would be nice...but I think I would rather them be in the Orokin lab in the Dojo. Maybe have to upgrade the Orokin lab or something to be able to start researching.

Except he said "older" prime parts. So, for example, Latron, Boar, Fang, Orthos, Braton...

This would be nice...but I think I would rather them be in the Orokin lab in the Dojo. Maybe have to upgrade the Orokin lab or something to be able to start researching.

Thing is, doing that would flood the Orokin Lab with God only knows how many items.

Some of the parts might find their way into there, though.

Also, Warframe parts don't all need to come from a boss--each of the four pieces needed for a frame could come from a different level too.

Also this would make a lot more sense than getting prime pieces in the regular solar system.

Also this would make a lot more sense than getting prime pieces in the regular solar system.

I'd think that lore-wise, more than enough factions have had more than enough time to plunder the Void for its bounty to start being found outside.

I'd think that lore-wise, more than enough factions have had more than enough time to plunder the Void for its bounty to start being found outside.

Also evidence of factions getting prime/void stuff is Vor.

His Seer is a fusion of Grineer and Orokin/Prime tech and he has a laser void key. What's to say that other's haven't stumbled upon Void stuff?

Edited by Utarious

I think the Void should have items dropped on a rotation, so instead of doing 10 void missions, coming out with like 50,000 alloy plating, you'll come out with a mix of plating, Gallium, rubedo, and other materials.  

Looks like T4 keys are almost certain.

That's unfortunate, as that's only going to delay the inevitable.

Edit: I did some basic maths. There's 239 nodes on the Starmap according to the in-game stats, and how many of those nodes have any specific incentive to be replayed?

Hardly any. Sure there's favourites like Mimas, Kappa and Sechura and the Rescue levels give out Specter blueprints, but my idea helps put other players back into those other unloved nodes.

Edited by Yezzik