Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Drop In Battle

tyranosaurus

Hi,

Usually in game (in menus and out of battle) I have 40-60 FPS but when it comes to battle it drops much under 20, 11-19 FPS, is this some bug or what ? I downloaded and installed newest graphic drivers, all graphic settings to low and still same problem.

My configuration is:

Intel B950 (2.1 GHz x2)

Nvidia GT540M

6 GB RAM

on Acer Aspire 5750ZG

When there are alot of enimies in one space the stress on the graphics card increase, especially corpus as they have alot of electric effects.

The stress on the CPU increases. A good chunk of the game currently runs more off the CPU then the GPU, including various graphics elements. An Intel B950 is not exactly a muscly processor, nor the GT540M as a GPU.

I'm not sure there's much help that can be give for your machine OP. Low-end latop?

That explains why *my* hosted runs are better than my son's hosted runs at least... I am running i7 OC 4.2ghz hosting a web page, two minecraft and one warcraft servers....

and he has a pidly Athlon II x2 255 3.1ghz

;-p

Edited by GrimmLiberty

Developing proper multithreaded applications is very difficult to do especially when dealing with complex pieces of software such as games. I'm sure they're aware of the performance/efficiency issues, but they have limited time and resources which they will have to divide over new features, bug fixes and optimizations alike, so it might be a while before this is sorted out. I do hope they will attend to this soon though. Also, in most situations, dynamic lighting and shadows are CPU killers when set to high, so turning those off/down might have a noticeable effect for you.