The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Negative Damage And Game Crashing

Devarook

I'll keep this simple. My friend and I went to fight Alad V to grab some Neural Sensors. Everything was normal up until I hit Zanuka with my Dragon Nikana. When I hit Zanuka, I dealt over negative 2 billion damage. After the "damage" was dealt, my game crashed. Laughing at what happened I suggested to my friend they we go fight all the bosses with only our melee equipped.

Our first Victim was Vor. Same thing happened to him that happed to Zanuka and my game. Negative damage followed by a crash. We re-entered the mission node after I re-launched my game. I hit negative again but it did not crash my game this time.

2a0deon.png

After his body was divided into 3 pieces, which got flung halfway across the room, we made our way to extraction. During our run to extraction, his 3D portrait remained on the left side of my screen. He did not speak. Nor did he have any text dialogue.  He just sat there... watching... swaying his head.

b7e5wg.png

After I closed Warframe to look at my Steam screenshots, a "Warframe has crashed" box appeared.

Can someone please explain what happed to me, during these missions?

Here is my build and stats in case someone can spot an unholy mod combination I may have stumbled upon.

Dragon Nikana:

6o0x9k.png

33x7kwh.png

Samurai Valkyr:

2vmv9f9.png

32zv19t.png

I.. don't understand. To many pics..? To much damage..?

Operating systems can't represent all conceivable numbers

When a positive number becomes too great for your computer to handle, it causes an "overflow".

(Depending on your OS, the computer might think of that massively positive number as another slightly less massive negative number.)

Of course, I doubt Warframe is subject to this bug, and I doubt you could possibly ever produce such an immense damage output.

It was a joke.