Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improvements! ¤¤ Updated Today ¤¤

TtBrain

Hello fellow Tenno, I have some few improvements in mind. Check these out and bump the thread if you agree (or disagree for all I care). Just let me know what you think. I will be updating this post to collect suggested improvements and also to collect problems and their proposed fixes.

Color Blind Version
Issue: Not being able to see the HP bars of enemies cause of my stupid colorblindness.
Solution: colorblind mode with different colors/gamma etc. OR then just redesign or make the HP bar (esp. bosses where it counts) more distinquishable by coloring.

Sound of your basic melee attack
It sounds like as if I was hitting a wall all the time; there is no difference hitting some opponents or a concrete wall. I want there to be a nice slush when I'm cutting the flesh of my enemies.
Solution: differentiate the sounds of hitting an enemy and hitting something else

"hitboxes" of objects.
When you are behind a wall or other obstacle and you come out a little and start shooting, your bullets hit the obstacle and not the enemy. Seems like the hitboxes of the crates and similar are noticeably bigger than the actual object we see.
Solution: Deep mechanics or changing the true object attributes?
ADDED: Point blank the hitboxes don't work like they should, causing the player to miss the shot. (See below posts for further reference)

Alert joining
Seems to be bugged, most of the times joining an alert disconnects you and will not succeed even after several reconnect attempts.
Solution: ?

Session with friends
When you are in a session with a friend and you are playing let's say Saturn and you would want to go to Jupiter, you can't press ESC (disconnects the session) and select Saturn. Instead you have to navigate all the systems between Jupiter and Saturn. This is time consuming if you don't know the way.
Solution: Change the mechanics of how we join and disconnect sessions, or give a shortcut to switch between systems.

Repetition of maps
Note: I'm not saying the maps shouldn't be randomly constructed labyrinth style like they are now. Instead I am saying there could be some elements or parts of maps which would only appear in the later levels. This way there would be something new to see. I'm looking for the "whoa I have never seen this place earlier" effect.

Stuff like this: (PIC) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139058710

Sentinel UI:

There is no health bar visible for Sentinels. Its really hard to track in large fights whom is taking the bulk of the damage, and then suddenly your Sentinel explodes without notice.

Solution: Please consider adding extra UI healthbars/energybars to the screen of a player with a Sentinel!

Selling of mods improvement [update: you can shift click to sell several mods]
Currently you can only sell one module at a time. At the point where many of us have 200+modules and don't want to fusion them we are forced to sell them one by one.
Solution: Checkboxes to allow selling multiple mods with just one confirmation.

Edited by TtBrain

Very observant...observations. These aspects could definitely use some improvement. Although I think there is a slushing sound when you Slash Dash through an opponent or cut him in half. But there should absolutely be more varied melee sounds.

A big hitbox issue I've found.

A melee unit will be right up next to me, so I aim with my Lex and shoot. I can literally see the pistol inside it's head or body or whatever, and it doesn't hit it. I know guns aren't melee weapons, but that's frankly rather ridiculous.

I can literally see the pistol inside it's head or body or whatever, and it doesn't hit it.

Hello SollucCaptorTA. I haven't come accross this one. Can you repeat this situation and do you think it might be caused by lag/you not being the host? I could add this to my list if I get more info.

Okay I will update this to my post. Will go out of the "Warframe & Weapon Feedback" part but this was supposed to be a collection thread to highlight the current issues and bring out some obvious improvements after all. Please propose more issues & improvements.

Edited by TtBrain

When you start a session with your friends and it starts to countdown, there should be a solution to stop the countdown.

Often my friends tell me "I still need to fusion, upgrade etc." and they cannot do this because I cannot stop teh countdown without leaving the session.

Bump. The alert joining still really dont f***ing work. Joins once, gets you to 5s countdown. Gets stuck in 1 second to join. AT BEST. Worse is that it doesn't let you play yourself, alone against the 25-35 enemies and fail miserably, but gets stuck in the countdown even if you press "PLAY NOW by myself, I want to lose all my 4 revives and still earn 0 credits"

Greetings fellow Tenno,

I wasn't sure if the following was brought up yet and i hope i came to the right forum area to post these suggestions:

1.) Loadouts:

Consider letting us make (limited to) 2 weapon loadouts which are chosen upon mission start? I often find grouping with friends to lead to (minor) frustrations when someone goes "..Oh this is an Infested mission? I shouldn't have taken this bow!"

2.) Server Uptime & Login UI:

Consider the idea of adding a small frame to the topleft of the Login menu showing "Breaking News'' or a feed to your own twitter messages to keep players up to date on server status when downtime occurs or maintenance is pending.

I realize that players could just check out the news on Twitter etc on their own but i notice people often become upset simply due to the inconvenience of such.

Or consider adding a stoplight system; Green - Up, Yellow - Work In Progress, Red - Down, possibly Blue - Scheduled Maintenance.

3.) Sentinel UI:

Please consider adding extra UI healthbars/energybars to the screen of a player with a Sentinel! Its really hard to track in large fights whom is taking the bulk of the damage, and then suddenly your Sentinel explodes without notice.

That's my feedback for now! I hope its in an OK format because its my first feedback post on here =)

You can sell multiple mods by shift clicking on em.

Okay tested and this works. Didn't know. What do you think calgon is this enuogh or should there be UI changes or perhaps some help tooltip in-game telling this "you can sell multiple mods by.." Maybe on the loading screen?

1.) Loadouts:

Consider letting us make (limited to) 2 weapon loadouts which are chosen upon mission start? I often find grouping with friends to lead to (minor) frustrations when someone goes "..Oh this is an Infested mission? I shouldn't have taken this bow!"

TtBrain's comment:  Chosen upon mission start.. I think maybe! Though the example you gave suggests that people should just pay more attention and choose their loadout according to the mission before you start the countdown?

Server Uptime & Login UI:

Consider the idea of adding a small frame to the topleft of the Login menu showing "Breaking News'' or a feed to your own twitter messages to keep players up to date on server status when downtime occurs or maintenance is pending.

I realize that players could just check out the news on Twitter etc on their own but i notice people often become upset simply due to the inconvenience of such.

Or consider adding a stoplight system; Green - Up, Yellow - Work In Progress, Red - Down, possibly Blue - Scheduled Maintenance.

TtBrain's comment: With the current changes there is a good news system in-game. Login screen could use a simple stoplight system for uptime though. (I have warframe twitter on bookmarks already because of the convenient alert notifications there  :P)

3.) Sentinel UI:

Please consider adding extra UI healthbars/energybars to the screen of a player with a Sentinel! Its really hard to track in large fights whom is taking the bulk of the damage, and then suddenly your Sentinel explodes without notice.

TtBrain's comment: I will add this to the OP. A good idea.

Edited by TtBrain

Selling of mods improvement

Currently you can only sell one module at a time. At the point where many of us have 200+modules and don't want to fusion them we are forced to sell them one by one.

Solution: Checkboxes to allow selling multiple mods with just one confirmation.

Hold shift while you're klicking. You can select multiple mods at once and sell them.

Greetings and thanks for replying on my post TtBrain :)

the loadouts would be a pre-mission interface where it just prompts you with 2 "cards" with the premade loadouts you made (only if you made 2 loadouts that is, it'd be optional) like imagine;

loadout 1

"Stealth"

Loadout 2

"RhinoStompgear"

then the game launches.

In truth It'd be a convenience change only, and im only suggesting this because ive seen others with use of such feature

As for the stoplight and alerts system, its nice the way they implemented it now - but what use is it really when the game is running maintenance or has downtime. Then it wouldn't be visible!

Edit: ^ Thats why it would be nice to have something attached to the login menu too so people don't frown at "Login Denied" messages.

Edited by QSS117