Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bit More Practical Use Of Our Ships - An Idea

Siekier

So, we're probably getting our Tenno ships in U14, as we know for quite some time already. They'll be sort of new game lobby etc, which is cool and I'm looking forward to it just like pretty much everyone on the forums.

But what about giving our ships some more... practical use?

I'll explain in a bit.

I'm sure that a lot of you have seen the part of devstream in which Steve's walking around the ship and explaining how it's going to work. If I recall correctly, at some point he said that sometimes we'll be seeing other ships flying by. Grineer galleons, Corpus ships etc.

You know where this is going.

How about giving us the ability to raid these ships?

Raiding them would be one of ways of getting resources and credits, maybe also upgrades for our ship.

You could go in blind, not knowing what are they transporting or scan them before attacking if you have the proper ship upgrade.

How would the raid itself look? I have a few ideas, but I'm not so sure about any of them. Any suggestions and ideas would be nice ;)

Simplest thing to do would be probably the exterminate mission or re-introducing raid mission type.

I'm also thinking about a new mission type, in which stealth is better rewarded. The goal would be to get to the goodies, pick them up and retreat. You get all of them if you're sneaky. But when detected, getting them all will be much more difficult. When alarm is raised, enemies will start moving the resources onto the escape shuttles. if you don't manage to get to them in time, you'll get less or even nothing.

Of course, you can still get them all if you're quick enough.

Upgrading the Tenno ship could for example improve the chances of getting in undetected, allowing to "detect" enemy transports from further. Maybe something more creative, why not?

So, get your Hydroid, equip the Triton helmet and tell me what do you think of it.

Any kind of input is welcome.

just to throw this into the mix. I think it would be cool if we had the option to pilot our ships too planets, with a chance to be ambushed and if you failed too A) escape or B) repel the attackers, you would end up in a situation very much akin to being killed by zanauka.

Edited by RIOTx

just to throw this into the mix. I think it would be cool if we had the option to pilot our ships too planets, with a chance to be ambushed and if you failed too A) escape or B) repel the attackers, you would end up in a situation very much like if you were to be killed my zanauka.

yeah, i was thinking something similar to that. just being able to fly around the system manually would be really nice.

and that would be really cool OP, i like your idea

Actually I'm pleasantly surprised by this suggestion, I was expecting some sort of pvp dogfighting request.

I'm feeling generous so have a box of triple choc chip cookies for a pretty darn good idea. :)

Very cool, but too drastically different than what Warframe is.  Not that it wouldn't be a cool addition, but not only would it be a large assignment for the developers, but it'd be too far removed from the standard gameplay that they'll need to start anew on a new front and a new type of gameplay.  Much too large an assignment for them.

just to throw this into the mix. I think it would be cool if we had the option to pilot our ships too planets, with a chance to be ambushed and if you failed too A) escape or B) repel the attackers, you would end up in a situation very much akin to being killed by zanauka.

I was thinking about it too. 

It could really mix things up a little, knowing that we're not entirely safe and we can get attacked randomly. Grineer squads or Corpus troops attacking us. Hell, maybe even Stalker.

I'd love that.

All that would be really nice additions to the Tenno ships, because when U14 arrives we'll be probably spending a lot of time in them. 

And let's be serious, it's gonna get boring after some time. That's why we need some more gameplay related to them.