Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] The Erisian Mantle

MageMeat

Nodding   the Loki jumped from his ship holding a rope and his combat gear,letting himself free fall he suddenly switch teleported to a small plastic bottle. Once safely on the ground he drew his lanka and  moved to the point on his map before speaking.-

"What's the issue?"

"An experiment with some Old War relics has gone awry. We are trying to disable it, but it's causing several fires. You can either help put out the nascent flames or attack the ship that caused this directly," the same voice instructed.

"Understood. I think my skills would be  much better suited to hacking and calming this all down" -Bolting to the nearest fire he  threw two castanas onto the the base before detonating them with a cryo round center.- "Now where do I go?"

The Excalibur drew the Skana and made his way over to the Oberon

(after throwing a cryo round microchip to the Hydroid, in empty hope that it would help)

Focusing more energy on the HUD, he tried to identify what the threat was.

"Understood. I think my skills would be  much better suited to hacking and calming this all down" -Bolting to the nearest fire he  threw two castanas onto the the base before detonating them with a cryo round center.- "Now where do I go?"

"Continue to help out, of course. I recommend trying to penetrate the experiment's shield. Two Tenno are already attempting such."

The Excalibur drew the Skana and made his way over to the Oberon

(after throwing a cryo round microchip to the Hydroid, in empty hope that it would help)

Focusing more energy on the HUD, he tried to identify what the threat was.

"Greetings, fellow Tenno," the Oberon said to the Excalibur between slashes. Through the sparks and energy field, the Tenno could see a a long, thick and segmented tube, vibrating violently. Levitating rings spun as they lit up with energy around the vessel.

"It's a ship that was used in the Great War. If you remember that time, this seems to be one of the spacecraft of the enemies of the Orokin," the Oberon informed the other, while testing to see if his Braton Prime was any good against it.

-Shifting his grip he smiled and   moved to the experimental area following the disturbances and  energy readings sent from his ship until  he noticed two other tenno trying  to damage it. Biting his tongue  he sighed.- "Amateurs." Moving to the two allies he handed each a castana.- "Throw them togather each tosses out two more. Make a line along the side. I'm going to get us in there." Each castana was loaded with a cryo round and corrosive core, the corrosive was what was going to detonate first this time.-

"It's a ship that was used in the Great War. If you remember that time, this seems to be one of the spacecraft of the enemies of the Orokin," the Oberon informed the other, while testing to see if his Braton Prime was any good against it.

-Shifting his grip he smiled and   moved to the experimental area following the disturbances and  energy readings sent from his ship until  he noticed two other tenno trying  to damage it. Biting his tongue  he sighed.- "Amateurs." Moving to the two allies he handed each a castana.- "Throw them togather each tosses out two more. Make a line along the side. I'm going to get us in there." Each castana was loaded with a cryo round and corrosive core, the corrosive was what was going to detonate first this time.-

"Very well," the Oberon said, grasping the devices in his hand. He lifted his arms and aimed for the shield.

"On your command."

"Now."  The Loki Prime smiled as he began to charge is lanka  the explosive core from its shot would detonate after the corrosive had. Now as he waited for the castanas to be expanded he leveled the rifle his eyes narrowing in its scope.

"When you throw them step back. 7 corrosive cores plus an explosive will eat through it but without to much damage to the object."

"Now."  The Loki Prime smiled as he began to charge is lanka  the explosive core from its shot would detonate after the corrosive had. Now as he waited for the castanas to be expanded he leveled the rifle his eyes narrowing in its scope.

"When you throw them step back. 7 corrosive cores plus an explosive will eat through it but without to much damage to the object."

The Oberon threw and activated the charges, rolling to safety within the same moment. They detonated with a surprising amount of strength. Green energy burst forth onto the shield, corroding the protective barrier and creating numerous small holes in it.

"At this point I believe we can just pry open these holes with a solid object," the Oberon said.

"Good its a waiste to damage it any further and its a good thing these castanas are easy to make. Ill give you some extras for this outpost. Just in case."  The loki closed his eyes and fired a weakened explosive round at a cord visable through the small holes and with satisfaction he nodded as the hum of energy began to slowly fade. "Now what else if there to do?"

The Excalibur ran by (after seeing the rather impressive display and pocketing the equipment for later), brushing past the Oberon and Loki Prime. He put his hands on the spacecraft and inspected it. It seemed unhurt, that was good. But this thing was from enemies of the...Orokin?

(Great...now what or who is the Orokin?) he thought. After locating a hatch, he pried it open and swung inside.

"Good its a waiste to damage it any further and its a good thing these castanas are easy to make. Ill give you some extras for this outpost. Just in case."  The loki closed his eyes and fired a weakened explosive round at a cord visable through the small holes and with satisfaction he nodded as the hum of energy began to slowly fade. "Now what else if there to do?"

"I need to inspect the interior of this ship to confirm my suspicions. I could use some help in case it has any more surprises for me inside," the Oberon told the Loki Prime. He peered through the rapidly decaying shield, trying to find any openings in the vessel itself.

"The experiment is being locked down, work will soon resume as normal. Estimated recovery time is an hour and a half," the PA system stated.

The Excalibur ran by (after seeing the rather impressive display and pocketing the equipment for later), brushing past the Oberon and Loki Prime. He put his hands on the spacecraft and inspected it. It seemed unhurt, that was good. But this thing was from enemies of the...Orokin?

(Great...now what or who is the Orokin?) he thought. After locating a hatch, he pried it open and swung inside.

The inside of the ship was much larger than the outside would imply, at least three times more immense. This suggested a mastery of space itself. Whoever built the ship must have had technology at least as impressive as those in a Void Tower.

Rectangular panels covered the round interior, and glowed as the Tenno stepped on them. Other than where there was damage to the hull, there were no stray cables, no fallen or damaged parts hanging from the ceiling. The ship was surprisingly intact, despite where it was might suggest (crashing into the surface of the moon).