The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Bad Were Things Back Then?

Bayle_Fire

It wasnt that bad. I found it more entertaining than now.I also feel it looked better then?(less twitchy animations, smoother yet unfinished). 100% chance of elemental damage was nice. I liked seeing the crawlers stand up after being shot.Some stages were crazy short(10 seconds) and I kinda liked that.Iam not sure but I think everyone had different drops from the same mods on the floor.I loved my gorgo....

Edit: oh yea skills trees that could be plat expanded , was better than the system we have now.If i remember right u were kinda forced to pick a specific build because u only had so many choices"

Edited by Shelldor

I joined in Update 7.something. Mire was the newest weapon in the market

Mods were so rare. If you picked one or two mods in a mission, you're lucky. It was the time when you marked a mod, you are considered a good guy.

Rhino had an ability similar to blitz eximus and heavy grineer where they pound the ground. This was radial blast (I think) and it was mixed with his 4th ability and thus, roar was born.

Snipetron was the only sniper. It didn't have the scope effect. The zoom in was just plain zoom.

Alerts rewards were a mystery.Instead of seeing the reward, you'd see a question mark. You have to finish it to know what the rewards is or go check out the alerts on twitter

Poison damage can only be done by Saryn and the Mire

Kela can unleash an unlimited amount of rollers

Molt had no duration

You know what happens when you use ripline on an enemy or an ally? That was how Mag's pull worked

The tutorial stage was similar to the mastery rank tileset, it only has a different color filter. (It was blue IIRC instead of orange)

i joined same day, few hours before this video released 07 Jan 2013

when first time played, choosen exalibur, it was fun ,you was mostly seeing exalibur/volt/loki, seeing other was so awsome, when first saw ember he was guy i liked him and when i started building him it was so painfull, becouse it become girl, so i killed her,
i still have my gorgon and hek from time when they was introduced and not going to sell them, i loved how elemental mods looked on swords

i loved rhino people called him king/god warframe, util iron skin nerf, but there was other skill radial blast, you could do it in middle air, so you see alot of enemys you jump and boom every one is dead, even if they wasnt you still was doing alot of damage

by the way if you wanted to get exalibur/loki/volt, there was no boss wich could drop parts of them so you must buy them with platinum, so by choosing not liking warframe was painfull,

no wallruning, ahh, and atmosphere was so better when now, when first entered the infested mission, it was scary, joined in middle of mission so my teamates was ahead of me, it was very dark ,some lights, and dark was alot darker when now, so having flashlight was must have, so you see in corridor something is runing towards you, i was like wtf is that, it was scary experiance, so seeing infestend was good, and when one hug infested in comes, and hits me and my screen goes black i see just little so that was awsome,

when fighted some bosses it was painfull and fun

others sayed more, and its so nostalgic to see older gameplay

Closed beta was amazing due to the ability to stacked mods, which just gave a flat rate instead of leveling.

So you could have something like 400% multishot + 170% electric/fire/ice damage (those were the only elements then, as per Dark Sector) + 200% damage on the Snipetron and run around one shotting everything, literally.

Oh, and elements used to be 100% proc, each of which was a lengthy stun so enemies could never move.

Oh, and many melee weapons had 100% stagger on hit, so you could stun lock enemies for days and never have to worry about anything.

Also, (not sure if this is still in effect) but there was one boss, Tyl Regor I believe, who was right next to a pit, and you could knock him off the stage by ragdolling him with the Kestrel into the pit and it would instakill him.

Stacking multi-shot and penetration on the Hek was the best. Your crates mean nothing to me!

When I first started it was the day Warframe got put on Steam. I saw it, looked at it and was like "Space ninjas? That's AWESOME! Time to try it." So I download and patch it and I picked Loki because he sounded fun. I do a PUG on Mercury and I HATED the game. The minimap was useless, the lightning was horrendous, there was no tutorial beyond a "white zone" brief practice session like when doing a Mastery Rank test. Also I didn't know chat was tied to the T button so I couldn't talk to my team to ask for help and I didn't know the map. I couldn't keep up with them since I kept stopping to fight or I'd take a wrong turn. It ended with me lost and just fighting for my life until my team made the extraction timer tick down. No one ever talked to me to say "What're you doing?" or anything. I immediately came to the conclusion the game was garbage and doomed to fail. I uninstalled instantly.

A couple or three months later, I saw some friends playing and was like "Ew you're playing that game? Why?" and they ended up convincing me to play again due to various updates. The Grineer had their own tilesets(when I first played, it was Corpus set only), there were more frames and weapons, the minimap was semi-useful(it's WAY better now) and the game was all around more fun. There have been some times where I've quit mostly due to boredom or wanting to play something else for awhile, but that's how I am with most games. Regardless, now I'm not too far off from 1000 hours logged on Steam. I mean hell, look at my icon. I opted to buy a Founders Pack for this and I normally never have faith in any game's founder program. I've spent plenty of money on the game since(though never without at least a 50% off coupon lol) and while my faith in DE was damaged with 13.7 due to the T4 drop tables, DE listens to us about a lot of things. Not everything, but a lot of things. That's more than people can say about pretty much every other developer out there right now, especially in the F2P arena.

For a game playable in the stages of development they were going through, I thought it was a pretty amazing game. The only problem I used to encounter often was the notorious patcher. Man, that thing would crash and/or fail to download and update about 10 times per patch xD
Honestly though, just be super thankful for what an amazing game this has become. DE are the best Devs I've ever seen make a game.