Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Items Obtained From Events.

I've noticed that certain items are only obtainable from participating in events. I understand that idea to a certain point because if you want those items then you have to participate in the event to get them. But for new players like myself who started playing this game a month ago, we get shafted because we will never have the opportunity to get those items that are only obtainable through participating in events.

So why can't they make those items obtainable for new players through alert missions, void missions, or orokin derelict missions?

De could do wonderful things with the starmap.

For instance, all the Survival nodes could have a challenge associated with them, one that's tied into that part of the storyline and has the relevant rewards such as the Tethra mods.

supposedly the upcoming proxy wars will be a way to replay past events so maybe you will be able to get the rewards that way

The only time this was spoken about it was mentioned as a section of the codex where you can play old event missions for lore purposes. They did not say that rewards would be part of it nor that it was part of the proxy wars. That being said proxy wars does seem to be the perfect way to re-introduce old event items of they decide to do so.

Apparently atleast most event weapons are placed into some sort of Vault for later use.

That only works if they're released out into the wild, not if they're brought back for another event and then retired again.

I get the cosmetic stuff.  The mods?  Eh, not so much.  But DE has talked about status chance mods being a bit wonky (and most event-exclusive mods are status chance mods), so I figure there will be some rework involving them.  Also, they offer a significant gameplay alteration/advantage, unlike other exclusive items (i.e. prime extractors), which just give you a bit more resources than the normal ones.  So I figure there will be something to bring them back, even if it's just another event.

I've noticed that certain items are only obtainable from participating in events. I understand that idea to a certain point because if you want those items then you have to participate in the event to get them. But for new players like myself who started playing this game a month ago, we get shafted because we will never have the opportunity to get those items that are only obtainable through participating in events.

So why can't they make those items obtainable for new players through alert missions, void missions, or orokin derelict missions?

The only ones they can are the Tethra's Doom items since those, out of every event, were the only ones NOT stated as exclusives, including the Gorgon Wraith.

The only ones they can are the Tethra's Doom items since those, out of every event, were the only ones NOT stated as exclusives, including the Gorgon Wraith.

The only thing stated to be exclusives was the founders gear. It was point blank stated the rest is in the vault for potential (likely) future release.

Edited by NevanChambers