The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Help Tracking Down The Name Of A Game

grndragon

i literarily a few minutes ago remembered faintly a game i had a lot of fun with when i was younger.

i rememeber fragments of it, but not the name.

it was a browser top down shooter where you controlled a spaceship, i think you could choose between different ones. it had sprite graphics, multiple stages and bosses + upgrades. i think it had a 16-bit art style, and i played it 6+ years ago i think. it might also have been slightly a bullethell game.

i also think the title contained x in it, but i am not certan what so ever. and the "plot" might have revolved around saving someone, i think, but i'm not sure.

i know this is incredibly little, but i would appreciate it greatly if anyone would recognize this to an extend where they could give a name or more clues so that i can find this game again

Starfox?

Starfox is top-down?

The problem with helping out here is that there are so many games that fit that description, and so many clones of those so many games as well. I doubt you'll be able to find the exact game, but you could find something fairly close to it.

Edited by RyojinOrion

i literarily a few minutes ago remembered faintly a game i had a lot of fun with when i was younger.

i rememeber fragments of it, but not the name.

it was a browser top down shooter where you controlled a spaceship, i think you could choose between different ones. it had sprite graphics, multiple stages and bosses + upgrades. i think it had a 16-bit art style, and i played it 6+ years ago i think. it might also have been slightly a bullethell game.

i also think the title contained x in it, but i am not certan what so ever. and the "plot" might have revolved around saving someone, i think, but i'm not sure.

i know this is incredibly little, but i would appreciate it greatly if anyone would recognize this to an extend where they could give a name or more clues so that i can find this game again

Did it have a really large robotic like head like boss that roars and constantly calls you a coward when you try to run away?

Starfox is top-down?

The problem with helping out here is that there are so many games that fit that description, and so many clones of those so many games as well. I doubt you'll be able to find the exact game, but you could find something fairly close to it.

yeah, i know. that is what irks me, but also why i post. because with this many minds, i hope that one will know of the game

Did it have a really large robotic like head like boss that roars and constantly calls you a coward when you try to run away?

not that i remember. i think i remember that the home "base" you see in the intro is a flying carrier ship of sorts.

no, it's not that.