The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Marelok

S0ulre4per

Question

While you are quite correct, it just furthers what I've said. It can be made,it just isn't practical. Why bother with a 25mm grenade when you can just shoot a few 50 cal raufuss rounds. It will cause less collaterall damage and kill the target never the less. There is a tendency for the latest weapons in warframe to boast imppressive stats and to look flashy and dangerous, yet to be less usefull than regular weapons.

Same with the Angstrum. Great damage but slow fire rate, annoying delay between pressing the trigger and the actual shot, big spread(which is very usefull for large groups, less so at range), low clip capacity and long reload. The Marelok might be just a regular fire arm but if far outdamages the Ansgtrum and you can't kill your self with it, which is nice.  I t has decent fire rate with Metal storm, good reload, insane status chance, and amazing damage. All in all its very close to the top of the gun chain. IMHO its the best all rounder out there. The Brakk might outdamage it in CQB but it fall short when engaging at range, while the Marelok is still as good at point blank as it is at range.

I can't disagree with that for sure except on 1 point.

Angstrum can potentially drop 10 mobs with just 3 to 4 bullets. Marelok at best can stop 6 to 8 and also it is a slow firing arm, so seeker doesn't work too well with it.

But yes, while Marelok might not have the extreme DPS offered by some of the more exotic pistols (if embolist user hits just 2 targets he will out DPS marelok as well) but if you are not looking for a fancy weapon. It does the job as the hand cannon.

Now if only Lex Prime was comparable...

Edited by fatpig84

Hi. Didnt know where to post this. Is Marelok a good weapon? And should i use it against Vay Hek?(in case i run out of ammo) If yes is it worth potatoing.

Extremely good, very good, very, very powerful. Potato and Forma it.

Ohhhhhh yes! Possibly the best Secondary in the game since it does obscene amounts of damage, very high status, and amazing accuracy. The Cicero and Tethra mods were made for this gun. The Brakk may do more damage, but the Marelok can do slightly less from a safe distance and proc status effects.

what do you guys mean by "power creep"?

In a nutshell, when things get stronger in stronger, usually in continuous games like MMOs and such. This is a problem especially when things are monetized, which means it's a cheap way to squeeze cash out of players.

Power Creep is the means developers use to entice players to continue playing due to providing slightly statistically better items over time.  Power Creep often opposes game balance as it makes items obtained earlier strictly inferior to these newer counterparts.  Borderlands' weapon level system is the modern epitome of power creep.

Also, specialization =/= power creep and is the most effective way to balance content while still making it desirable (although most developers cannot grasp this concept).  By adding new content and creating items that focus on this content you do not make the previous equipment obsolete and still provide a desirable option.  Specialization can also be used to make older items desirable again.

Lastly, implementing completely 'balanced' items gives players a solution that can be applied to every situation and provides an 'easiest but not best' option.  This is a very minor form of power creep but is usually accepted since a specialized item will still be statistically better.

tl;dr = power creep is a method lazy developers use to keep making money.

The Marelok is hands down one of my favorite weapons in the game. I enjoy using it far more than most of my primaries even. Its damage is no slouch either and I often take it as my only firearm. Marelok/Dragon Nikana and I feel like a boss. Its firerate isn't super high, nor does it have much per mag, but I've never felt limited by those. It helps that I have mine to the point where nearly every shot drops the enemy dead. Its less of a DPs race and more feeling like a wild west gunslinger who always makes his shot.