Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Retiring Void Gear To The Orokin Lab In The Dojo...

CrazyCatLad

Both completely retiring void gear or retiring only the blueprints are great ideas to combat the current grind in this game.Would free up a lot of space in the loot table.Anything would be better than the current mess we have with prime parts and blueprints.I had hoped for a period of time that the rumors that they plan to add void tokens that can be used to buy prime stuff on the market would be true.

Doubt it will happen tho.DE has not shown any interest in reducing the grind ever since dark sectors were introduced.They talk about new player experience yet new players still have to grind and have fun with the RNG system for certain "must have" mods in this game.

Oh well if there's no destination(end game) may as well keep the road(typical MMO grind towards end game) as long as possible right?

Isn't there an Orokin lab in the dojo now for Dark Sector Rail construction? I think that would be a much better place to put the Prime blueprints than in the Tenno lab considering that the weapons are Orokin in design and not exactly Tenno.

This doesn't address the issue I brought up though, rather it just adds yet another 'overflow' space to the game. Just chucking older prime equipment in a clan market doesn't address the saturation problem. If anything, it would make it worse. Image if DE did add these 'void tokens' to the drop table. Either they would be resource drops and you'd need, likely, an adsorbent amount of them to build anything, on top of all the other resources it currently requires, or they would be reward drops, further cluttering the mission reward tables. On top of this, if all void tokens can be used the same, and all void tokens are acquired by any void mission, what would be the point of mission variety? Why not just run Void 1 survival until your eyes fall out for all the tokens you need. And if all tokens are not the same, and/or specific tokens are only obtainable from certain missions, then how would that be different from the current system? And all that does nothing to address my problem with simply purchasing a weapon when the game was originally designed around overcoming very specific obstacles to obtain new gear. 

Instead of throwing old void rewards in an overflow market, or creating an indefinite number of tiers and mission types to stave off saturation, I feel we really need a true Void 2.0. I may flush out my own ideas and post a thread about that soon, since I don't wish to derail this discussions. 

This doesn't address the issue I brought up though, rather it just adds yet another 'overflow' space to the game. Just chucking older prime equipment in a clan market doesn't address the saturation problem. If anything, it would make it worse. Image if DE did add these 'void tokens' to the drop table. Either they would be resource drops and you'd need, likely, an adsorbent amount of them to build anything, on top of all the other resources it currently requires, or they would be reward drops, further cluttering the mission reward tables. On top of this, if all void tokens can be used the same, and all void tokens are acquired by any void mission, what would be the point of mission variety? Why not just run Void 1 survival until your eyes fall out for all the tokens you need. And if all tokens are not the same, and/or specific tokens are only obtainable from certain missions, then how would that be different from the current system? And all that does nothing to address my problem with simply purchasing a weapon when the game was originally designed around overcoming very specific obstacles to obtain new gear. 

Instead of throwing old void rewards in an overflow market, or creating an indefinite number of tiers and mission types to stave off saturation, I feel we really need a true Void 2.0. I may flush out my own ideas and post a thread about that soon, since I don't wish to derail this discussions. 

It would appear to me that the token ideas would need some tweaking based on what you said - but at the same time, you could easily reward X tokens depending on which difficulty tier you completed - similar to what they did back with the Tethra event, where you'd net way more points on the nightmare version.

What this would do is one major thing for void drops: reduce a bit of the RNG hit that a lot of us feel. As is, you must farm to get keys - and in the current system that requires specific keys to get specific parts - and then you have to use those one-time use keys to go to a stage that you might get the actual part you are looking for to get.

You are right, it doesn't address your complaint around overcoming a very specific obstacle/boss to get a piece of gear. However, I would also like to remind you that the majority of non-primed weapons are all accessible through the market or dojos. So yes, it would totally be nicer to have Orokin bosses that would reward the parts for the prime frames to fit with how the others work - but as is the only thing you overcome to get anything from the void is RNG through pure and simple spamming of keys to get in there and hope to get it. Something for you to think about: how about being rewarded prime gear based upon challenges we can complete in our dojo [think mastery tests] based entirely on accomplishments we complete in-game (killed X numbers of guys with a boltor? Lotus has a test for you, complete it and you get the prints for a primed boltor). It'd be the nicest way IMO, rewarding people for using things they like the most (Revived X teammates? Trinity prime challenges have become available) while still leaving the reason to go to other places (material gathering), and in turn allowing them to get rid of the over-convoluted stack of stuff the RNG is fighting over to give us.