Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapon- Glaive

Cepmosod

So, its becoming more and more apparent that Warframe is a continuation of the lore in Darksector, or is just based in the same universe. They go hand in hand.

That being said, I'm wondering if we'll be able to obtain a glaive of some sort later on.

It could provide for some unique scenarios and would just look plain malevolent >:D

It could easily be done as a melee only weapon, but it would be awesome to see it as a throwable weapon as well!

Just my thoughts.

Would probably be overpowered.

Likely. Maybe no power melee? Instead when you hold the melee button, you throw the glaive at the nearest enemy doing slightly more damage than a standard strike. Just slightly. Not enough to one hit a enemy like most melee weapons.

Or maybe it would stun them instead? Knocking them off their feet, opening up a chance to sprint in to finish them off.

Would look cool though lol.

Edited by kedrobomb

So, when you say "glaive", do you mean like that word was used to refer to a polearm that consisted of a curved blade on the end of a pole, or the misuse that was in the previous game, referring to what was essentially an oversized shuriken? I think the former would be very cool; it'd fit the whole "ninja" aesthetic quite well, since a similar blade, the Naginata, was developed in medieval Japan (even if it was primarily intended for use by women to defend their homes).

It'd probably have a longer range than a sword, but a slower attack speed.

Edited by MabsWinterKnight

I'm not familiar with the game (just looked it up on Wikipedia), but how about an entire Warframe designed as a blatant homage to "Dark Sector"? The Glaive could be used in one of it's abilities?

Edited by Barbetti

So, when you say "glaive", do you mean like that word was used to refer to a polearm that consisted of a curved blade on the end of a pole, or the misuse that was in the previous game, referring to what was essentially an oversized shuriken? I think the former would be very cool; it'd fit the whole "ninja" aesthetic quite well, since a similar blade, the Naginata, was developed in medieval Japan (even if it was primarily intended for use by women to defend their homes).

It'd probably have a longer range than a sword, but a slower attack speed.

Pretty sure he's referring to the weapon from DarkSector. That said, other games have misused the categorization as well - see Warcraft 3 calling something like http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs27/i/2008/099/a/9/Sentinel__s_Glaive_by_tombernard.jpg a glaive...

Pretty sure he's referring to the weapon from DarkSector. That said, other games have misused the categorization as well - see Warcraft 3 calling something like http://fc09.devianta..._tombernard.jpg a glaive...

That looks sweet. Personally I'd prefer something more like Protoss katars though, one in each hand :P

Edited by CapricaSix

I would love to use a naginata, especially if it would be able to hit multiple enemies.

• 8 months later...