Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grindwalls In General

Deidaku

No you miss my point. In D3 it was a challenge to get through runs, like you had to use teamwork and kite enemies and communicate and every elite mob pack was harder than a boss fight. In Warframe it's just a ton of time spent killing trash mobs. I'd rather spend a little less time but actually have to try. My brain is off when I turn on Warframe right now.

Oh I get it sorry for the misinterpretation.

I hope the new enemies shown in the devstream will help with that issue

This pseudo-RNG/shufflebag would be a great choice. This, and I think that defence rewards should stack.

I still don't know why they don't.....

Warframe without Grinding would shorten its popularity alot, because people would be able to get their stuff in less then a day then level the warframe/weapon/sentinel the same day to the max level and then be done with the game until the next update, or forever.

Warframe without Grinding would shorten its popularity alot, because people would be able to get their stuff in less then a day then level the warframe/weapon/sentinel the same day to the max level and then be done with the game until the next update, or forever.

its true, but grinding in warframe is extremely mind numbing...its not FUN AT ALL. its always the same reskinned enemies , same music, same tile sets. etc

warframe has a game cant have  this type of  RNG mechanics, its more like Tradeframe atm.

Edited by kultuu

Farming in the void

Void tile gets boring. White room after white room, same rooms repeating in the same mission, only a handful of life support locations, the new interception mission makes coop missions seem like solo missions.

/rant

Pseudo RNG, wonder how that works. I hope you find it :)

Every computer-based RNG is pseudo-RNG. One cannot make precise machines to generate chaotic stuff.

But its possible to make computer to generate a sequence of numbers by some formula. They would look like RN but they are not.

If you run that program again - you will get the same sequence.

So programmers make the starting number to be based on current time (its called seed).

There are different RNG implementations but its sometimes seems that DE chose the worst of them.

I played ODE several times and every time I tried to play 2 ODE in a row - I got 2 same corrupted mods.

DE should reconsider their RNG algorithm. 

Here's the thing about the grind that doesn't seem to get mentioned enough.  DE is a business, they need to make money.  They opened prime parts to be traded so that people will buy plat to do trades.  They make it difficult to get the new primes when they come out to encourage people to buy prime access.  I think there is a certain amount of naivete that we, the players, have about why DE does certain things.  At the end of the day, this is a free to play game.  Money to keep developers working, the building running, and what not has to be made somewhere.  I'll put it to you this way, this game is blissfully free of ads and is a lot of fun for what it is.

In short, I ain't made at ya DE, keep making that money.

Here's the thing about the grind that doesn't seem to get mentioned enough.  DE is a business, they need to make money.  They opened prime parts to be traded so that people will buy plat to do trades.  They make it difficult to get the new primes when they come out to encourage people to buy prime access.  I think there is a certain amount of naivete that we, the players, have about why DE does certain things.  At the end of the day, this is a free to play game.  Money to keep developers working, the building running, and what not has to be made somewhere.  I'll put it to you this way, this game is blissfully free of ads and is a lot of fun for what it is.

In short, I ain't made at ya DE, keep making that money.

there's gotta be a better way.

I don't know how many people buy prime acsess but come on it's +100€ * $ for 1 frame + acessories in 1 game.

I know their main plat income comes from potatoes , cosmetics  , and raw plat purchase

But prime acess seems trivial giving the number of people who can  buy it compared to the rest.

Most people who can play this game can't afford to pend that on a single game if at all.

THere was an interesting thread about maket prices and so on. i'll have to find it.

Grind walls are in every game. The walls themselves aren't the problem. At least not the main problem, main problem to me is that this game has rng and NOTHING ELSE. There is the grind and nothing else in this game. There isn't much you can do to at least not make the farming quite as painful. Yes you could trade and honestly, if I was seriously playing this game, I would probably trade for all the parts. Doesn't it say something about this game that you would rather just trade the parts and not play the game for the parts? DE needs to take a step back and seriously look at the picture here. Grind walls are a part of every game, I don't think people have a problem with the grind walls themselves. DE has put pretty much no effort in terms of creativity of each update. (this is my opinion) They just put up new grind walls with the new shiny flavor of the month. No core fixing, no major bug fixing, nothing. DE claims this is a beta game but rarely fixes any major bugs or review older problems. Grind walls are needed, no doubt, but DE needs to get a little creative cause all this game is, is just a huge, huge grind. It's gotta stop at one point DE, you need to start fixing. I'm usually one for farming my own stuff but I'll drop a game before I put more money into a game where Devs are saying they want to reduce the grind but the ending result is just a new update with even more ways to grind.. Playing this game in search of items is rarely a fun thing for me. (which is why I've left the game uninstalled for a couple months now) I shouldn't feel like I need to buy prime items just so I can enjoy them. I would LOVE to enjoy the process of getting them but this grind isn't fun and it's VERY repetitive. This my opinion of the game in it's current state. I know not everyone will agree with it but this grind is really, really bad. It only gets worse with each update.

Pseudo RNG, wonder how that works. I hope you find it :)

Pseudo RNG is the system where there's an advanced AI in place monitoring your ragequit threshold, a few seconds before that line is crossed it WILL magically drop the item you're looking for...  leaving you blissfully fulfilled, dreams come true, life complete, etc.

It is not to be confused with Pure RNG which is merciless and leaves you beaten, tortured, raped, wandering naked in the streets incoherently wondering what happened in the last 24 hours.

Pseudo RNG is the holy grail of game design.  XD

Edited by sushidubya

Grind walls are in every game. The walls themselves aren't the problem. At least not the main problem, main problem to me is that this game has rng and NOTHING ELSE. There is the grind and nothing else in this game. There isn't much you can do to at least not make the farming quite as painful. Yes you could trade and honestly, if I was seriously playing this game, I would probably trade for all the parts. Doesn't it say something about this game that you would rather just trade the parts and not play the game for the parts? DE needs to take a step back and seriously look at the picture here. Grind walls are a part of every game, I don't think people have a problem with the grind walls themselves. DE has put pretty much no effort in terms of creativity of each update. (this is my opinion) They just put up new grind walls with the new shiny flavor of the month. No core fixing, no major bug fixing, nothing. DE claims this is a beta game but rarely fixes any major bugs or review older problems. Grind walls are needed, no doubt, but DE needs to get a little creative cause all this game is, is just a huge, huge grind. It's gotta stop at one point DE, you need to start fixing. I'm usually one for farming my own stuff but I'll drop a game before I put more money into a game where Devs are saying they want to reduce the grind but the ending result is just a new update with even more ways to grind.. Playing this game in search of items is rarely a fun thing for me. (which is why I've left the game uninstalled for a couple months now) I shouldn't feel like I need to buy prime items just so I can enjoy them. I would LOVE to enjoy the process of getting them but this grind isn't fun and it's VERY repetitive. This my opinion of the game in it's current state. I know not everyone will agree with it but this grind is really, really bad. It only gets worse with each update.

I'm hoping for the new enemy types to remove some of the repetitiveness.