Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Bashing/heavy Grineer Knockdown And Speed(Volt) Flaws

Adrenochrome

I don't know if one would consider this a bug or not, so if you believe this is in the wrong section, please feel free to relocate it to the appropriate section, thanks.

There are two things that I have noticed that kind of destroy an aspect of the game for me.

First, a bit of an introduction. I play Volt, and I do use speed. It's a wonderful skill for speed runs, and keeping up with those damn Loki's (I hate you Loki..)

Now, the first two issues occur whether you are using speed or not, and are quite annoying and disorienting, as well.

Let me set up a scenario; you've just captured the target, and you're primarily running the mission for the completion bonus.

But oh no!

A wild shield lancer appears!

You proceed to run past him, and DO manage to get past him.

Too bad.

15 foot shield bash. Game over.

This scenario has occurred to me many times. It doesn't always happen, but it seems my tactics are irrelevant, unless I drop kick him in the face.

If I try to jump over him, I either get shield bashed out of the air, or shield bashed in the back even though he swung forward after I landed behind him. Also happens using Speed on volt.

I consider this a definite flaw, and a possible bug if it was unintended. I don't mind getting hit, but he should at least actually contact me to knock me down.

This same scenario is interchangeable for the heavy Grineer and their knockdown grenade of doom and irritation thing.

Part 2

This has been mentioned MANY times by MANY people, but I figured I'd collect all the issues of Speed (volts mod) together. If you notice any issues that I haven't listed, let me know and I'll add them.

1.) Perfect Grineer targetting - I realize this may not be a bug, and may very well be intended, but when I can hardly see where I'm going because I'm moving so fast, I feel that the Grineer (who are generally stupid to begin with) should not be able to have perfect aim on the blue streak of light passing by them. I would understand if heavy units and bosses had proper aim in this situation, as they are genetically superior, but the Grineer marines are the Warframe equivalent of storm troopers. Their accuracy is like 0.1%, until I use my skill, then apparently they become master marksmen.

2.) ARGH. QUIT GETTING STUCK. - There are many things and places that cause speed to get stuck, essentially wasting the cast. These include many sets of stairs, small rocks, small differences in height of the ground (without sloping), and so on.

I realize this one isn't an AI bug, but I figured I'd add it too.

So yeah.

Edited by Adrenochrome

im using my rhino alot lately, i still get by shield bashers np.?

no sympathy for rushers since i had a few on captain vor that just ran, got the bp, and then left. leaving the other 3 without any speed benefits to either slumber around blindly trying to find the boss loot room, or follow the objective marker and end the match without a bp.

scenario. Shield basher starters running at me, I start winding up my scindo, i pass him on the right, he stumbles by me, i turn around and WAATCHAAA, cut that mofo in half.

The lancers are really annoying even if you don't play Volt. From what I've noticed (could be wrong), if you were in front of the lancers when they start casting the shield bash animation, once the animation ends you get knocked down, even if you are behind them. It happened to me many times.

It sucks because their bash isn't based on whether their shield actually touches you but based on maybe some stupid warframe hitboxes that decide that you should be knocked down even if you aren't in front of them when the animation ended.

I end up being knocked down most of the times even though the shields never touched me in the same place, you just can't avoid their bash 'visually', you need to just never approach them.

Edited by Kohira

grineers also tend to use bullet guns, unlike grondors laser guns, its why with AI aiming, they tend to hit you no matter the speed you travel. It would require a rather large amount of tinkering to get them to alter their aim based upon speed, grondors u can outrun the bullet because it actually has travel time.

also another tip on lancers, aim literally at the top of the shield, it tends to give a headshot regardless.

Tip for lancers are to hit them in the grate or above their shields.

I can kill them fine. My fang tears through them, but when I'm solo running I just want to sprint through everything without getting shield bashed from a mile away lol.