Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Point In The Stalker?

Imbaland

Default machine gun? Yeah, I guess a few people I know have purposefully run missions with a MK-I Braton to solo the stalker for their own entertainment. I don't think you should though.

I have no other weapons. Its machine gun or Paris.

How can starting a mission over be the difference between playing another or deleting the game?

Most missions take up to 10 minutes tops, and that's with having double objectives, running it again is not -THAT- bad.

If you don't want to start over - use a revive.

The Stalker doesn't pick on low levels (players under rank 5), and you are highly unlikely to encounter him

before you have a decent fighting chance.

Yes, he can come at the worst times, something you need to learn to deal with. Either hide/run, or kill him.

He is also much easier if you are in co-op, since you can just have someone revive you, or help you kill him.

I don't know if this post is old or I'm bugged, I've fought the stalker 3 times today. I am rank 2. I wasn't able to kill him but he didn't kill me either. He just went into some sort of meditative pose around 10% health everytime and vanished.

People were asking for a mini-boss in stages and that's what we got.

DE didnt simply plop down one, they were bit more creative about it.

Creative how? They just put down an ordinary grinner commander thing that just happens to have a machine gun that does 50 damage a shot. I would hate to see what the melee hit does.

The Stalker doesn't pick on low levels (players under rank 5), and you are highly unlikely to encounter him

before you have a decent fighting chance.

He picked on me while I'm still rank 2. Wonder why, hmm...

All i've been using nothing but that for literally the past week. It is freaking awesome. doesn't work on bosses at all, unfortunately.

I've been using them, and I must say that you need to have a decently modded pistol for boss killing. You are gonna need at least 100% multishot, armor piercing, elemental and reload speed mods to deal decent damage. Then, take your Paris out for the final blows if you want to pass the XP to it. Note that shield regen can be disrupted if you actually play the final blows right (sometimes I do a fully drawn shot followed by multiple quick shots and it works). Won't say it works on all bosses though, I know I can't even kill Hyena with it (not fully upgraded and modded, so yeah).

Edited by matrixEXO

Imbaland, you are vastly overestimating how hard the stalker is to kill, even solo if you are running with an average of level 15 gear he is a cake walk (unmodded could be hard I guess, with with a semi decent selection of rank0-3 mods he should be easy) in a group you could probably kill him with level 5 gear unmodded if you knew what you were doing.

I can't play coop becuase the servers lag too much.

I didn't have any revives left because I had used them all.

When you play solo with a Paris and a Pistol, missions can take much longer than 10 minutes.

There are no servers, aside from the matchmaking one. All gameplay is done peer to peer (so either on your machine, if you are host or solo, or using someone else's as the 'server')

There are no servers, aside from the matchmaking one. All gameplay is done peer to peer (so either on your machine, if you are host or solo, or using someone else's as the 'server')

Then they are doing it in a very strange way, considering I was getting probably something like 500ms to a friend who lives less than 10km away from me.

Then they are doing it in a very strange way, considering I was getting probably something like 500ms to a friend who lives less than 10km away from me.

Given that I had private games with two people living in America, and one from Germany (and me from England) with no noticeable lag I'd suggest that there is perhaps something wrong with your connection, or theirs.

Oh yes, this game will progress nicely from beta to dead, playerless release if everybody just deals with everything that is poorly implemented and more annoying than fun.

Your tears are delicious, I really can't understand why you are crying. Holy S#&$ the game did something unexpected, and you died. Plan for it next time.

You know who you are? you're one of the very vocal minority groups in games like battlefield, the ones who scream loudly for change about things, you don't represent the majority, but because you scream and whine so loud, Developers listen because you're the only one talking, while everyone else is happy with the game.

If the stalker really was a terrible game deleting rage fest, then the forums would be full of stalker is bad threads. Yours is the only one.

if you play only solo you'll never finish 50% of the missions anyway. the game's not designed this way. i have a lv30 exca and difficulty 5 missions (especially alerts) are too hard for me solo. so is the stalker, when i met him alone, i was toast in half a minute. when he attacked the four of us, some players got confused, but we won.

i just wish he had some special drops asigned to him. potatoes, artifacts, helmets, that sort of stuff.

"Potatoes"? potatoes? Why potatoes?

Your tears are delicious, I really can't understand why you are crying. Holy S#&$ the game did something unexpected, and you died. Plan for it next time.

You know who you are? you're one of the very vocal minority groups in games like battlefield, the ones who scream loudly for change about things, you don't represent the majority, but because you scream and whine so loud, Developers listen because you're the only one talking, while everyone else is happy with the game.

If the stalker really was a terrible game deleting rage fest, then the forums would be full of stalker is bad threads. Yours is the only one.

I know that that group of people exists, but I assure you, I am not apart of it.

I've played shooters long enough to know what is plausible and what is not. In multiplayer games I can call out a hacker after one encounter because I know what is possible, and I know what is not. In singleplayer games I can call out a terrible fight because I know what is feasible and I know what is not. The stalker, as it stands, is infeasible.

The "majority" you claim are not calling bullS#&$ on this fight? Well, you can quite clearly see them posting here and in other stalker related threads.

The consensus?

Bug out the stalkers attrocious AI.

Spam invisibility and melee him to death which is atrocious AI bugs out.

Be a Rhino and just kill him with ease.

Wow, great encounter. You are definitely right, nothing wrong with it.

I'm not the kind of player who would take those approaches. Not in multilayer, and sure as hell not in a single player game where the only real point is immersion. I'm not going to make the enemy look like a compete retard by jumping on a box and throwing rocks at his head, and if thats the only way the encounter can be beaten, then the encounter is broken.

I'm not the kind of player who would take those approaches. Not in multilayer, and sure as hell not in a single player game where the only real point is immersion. I'm not going to make the enemy look like a compete retard by jumping on a box and throwing rocks at his head, and if thats the only way the encounter can be beaten, then the encounter is broken.

Too bad that's not the only way he can be beaten. It's possible to not be Rhino and still kill him in a fair fight, you just need to be smart. Use cover, strafe, that route.

If you can't do that, then you haven't played as many shooters as you claim.

Too bad that's not the only way he can be beaten. It's possible to not be Rhino and still kill him in a fair fight, you just need to be smart. Use cover, strafe, that route.

If you can't do that, then you haven't played as many shooters as you claim.

Since I've played so many shooters, I, as many other experienced players do, know that cover only works against weaker NPCs in superior numbers, not stronger NPCs in a 1v1.

Why?

Understand that, when firing from cover, whenever you can shoot the stalker, he can shoot you. Now factor in that his damage output is about 4 to 5 times greater than your own, and that he has instant and perfect autoaim. Now consider that just as your shields recharge, so do his, only he has more shields and health than you have.

What does this mean? It means you've put yourself in a position that, purely by numbers, you cannot win.

Conclusion: the only way to beat him, is to cheese him.

Conclusion: the only way to beat him, is to cheese him.

Incorrect. Recharge your shields, reload your pea shooter, catch your breath, maneuver around if he chases you. It's not impossible, it's just a battle of endurance.

Edited by Katakuna

I literally got steamrolled by the Stalker twice in a single day, within an hour, solo with both my Rhino (rank 15) and Volt (rank 30).

I did however manage to get him down to 1/4 hp before I died on both my frames.

But do I complain?

No.

I get my &#! back up using one revive and slice/shoot the living daylights out of the Stalker.... twice.

That's what the revives are for. Besides, they give you FOUR free revives per day.

edit:

And just to add this in, the first time I encountered a Stalker I already knew what he was, except I didn't know about the flickering lights.

Added to the creepy factor (especially when solo), not knowing when he'll spring out and attack you always keeps the fun there. Once lights starts to flicker, I start to tense up and really look everywhere.

Edited by parkel

Never thought I would see elitists in a single player game. You are basically the bottom of the barrel.

Also, rofl at letting the other NPCs attack the stalker for you. That is also cheesing him. The only fair way to beat the stalker is 1v1, no invisibility, no tanking his hits in melee. Anything else is just abusing his $&*&*#(%& AI.

As you can see; Not the greatest of loadouts. Braton MK-1 (Ranking it up) and a Bo staff. And a Rank 9 Lex.

Works fine by me.

>552 health

You're joking right? You basically just out leveled him. Well done on standing in one spot face tanking his hits. Try doing it with 175/175.

Edited by Imbaland

When I played my excalibur, I had some big problems killing that guy, maybe I just didnt get "how" to kill him.

But why is the OP raging about wasting his revives?! The Stalker appears most the time at the begin of an mission, so you can just abort the mission and start it again...whiners and their logic.

Now I have my Rhino already on rank 20, killed a hell lot of bosses and he didn't appeared even once. :(

Guess I scared him off...

Never thought I would see elitists in a single player game. You are basically the bottom of the barrel.

Also, rofl at letting the other NPCs attack the stalker for you. That is also cheesing him. The only fair way to beat the stalker is 1v1, no invisibility, no tanking his hits in melee. Anything else is just abusing his $&*&*#(%& AI.

So, because a valid 1v1 strategy is possible, you label us elitists.

2473273-page0_blog_entry34_mj_laughing1.gif